DisDads discuss the Game of Thrones Books and Show

declansdad

DIS Dad #639 New Brunswick, Canada
So it seems we have a few fans of the series amongst the Dads so let's discuss it.

I'm currently on book 5. How much do you guys want to get ahead of the tv show and the similarities/differences between the two?

Read all the books. Patiently awaiting the next one.

Watched the first season, but haven't seen any of the second season because we don't have HBO anymore. Gotta find a way to watch it.

Try this: http://falcoepisodes.com/watch/online/game/game-of-thrones-season-2-episode-1.html

How did you think they did in season 1 compared to the books?

It was hard not to critique the show because I had read book 1 at least three times when the series began. Little things like giving a line to someone who didn't say it in the book drove me nuts, at first. I thought overall it was well done. The extra scenes bothered me a little, but then I thought just because GRRM didn't put it in the book, doesn't mean it couldn't have happened. The two things I'd say I missed the most from the books were the element of fantasy, mainly with the direwolves, and the battles. I had a fear that if the direwolves weren't given their due, how would they treat the dragons? I was relieved to see the dragons at the end. I was very disappointed at the decision to not show the battles.

I was also surprised at the Renly/Loras relationship. Looking back through the book, I can see where it came from. Honestly, I never picked up on the possibility as I was reading it.

I thought Season one stayed pretty close to the book, although they did rush through some things though. It does seem they changed the ages of the kids slightly but I guess that does make the characters a bit more believable.

I have been finding that there are many more differences this season though.

I am really enjoying the books, with all the twists and turns you are never quite sure if part of the story is over or just on the back burner for a bit.

I have watched every episode and love it. I bought the series of books for my ipad and am currently in book 1. The show actually helps me to visualize things that I may not have. I do have the dilemma of whether or not I want to read past the show. I'm not sure that I really want to know what is coming.

Anyone watch the season 2 finale? I thought it was good but it seems like they probably rushed through a lot of things. I haven't finished book 1 yet so I don't know how it is there. All I know is they better see this show through all of the books or I am going to be sorely disappointed.

Anyone watch the season 2 finale? I thought it was good but it seems like they probably rushed through a lot of things. I haven't finished book 1 yet so I don't know how it is there. All I know is they better see this show through all of the books or I am going to be sorely disappointed.

I watched it and I was trying to remember the book but I tihnk it ended in a similar fashion, with many story lines up in the air and ready to move to the next phase. If I remember they all end like that and that is why I am on book five without taking a break.

There have been some slight deviations from the books but nothing that really changes the plot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter