Disnay grandmothers

GrammyJudy

DIS Veteran
Are there any other grandmothers out there on the DIS who like to plan trips for their whole families? Lets talk.......
I am 64 live in Vermont and have been to WDW 11 times and DL once. Started when my kids were 3 & 5. Now have 2 grandsons 9 and 18 months. DS9 has been 3 times already and DS1.5 went when he was 14 months. We have stayed at FWCabinsx2, POFQ, CBR, ASSport, ASMovies aND pop X2 AND 3 TRIPS OFF SITE. Going to try POR in Jan 2011 hopefully.Still rallying the troups to see who wants to go!

We are planning our second trip in June. This time there will be 2 grandsons. Youngest is 8 months old now. Last time I picked the week and the resort. I also scheduled some dining reservations. This time I have booked our resort and the kids will make their own soon, when I am sure the dates will work for us. I have booked a couple dining reservations just for me and my son, because I didn't know they were coming at first. We had a nice trip last time because I let them know several times that we did not expect them to do everything with us. They had to go at their own pace with little ones. We helped watch the kids some of the time, but they did not expect us to be babysitters. They were great about that!
Have fun planning!

Sounds great. I am not the babysitter either though I will watch them if I want to like when they go on the thrill rides etc. We ate all together the last 2 trips but hope to split up next time and my DH and I want to do table service anf the kids are not sure...too much time and the little ones don't enjoy it and DGS will be 10 so adult prices. Hoping our son will come as well as our daghter and her family. He is single and really wants to go to Europe so we will see. I love reading other peoples trip reports.

I am one of the grandmothers that love to plan and take my kids and grandkids to WDW. My grandaughter is 7 and she has been there 5 times, the first when she was 18 months. My grandson is 4 and he has been there 3 times, also the first time when he was 18 months. I can never get enough of seeing their happiness in my favorite place. I hope I can keep doing this for a long, long time.

Oh yes I am " Disney Granny " for sure .... Going soon again ---- nothing is better .... :)

I'm a 57yo Grandmother of 4, ages 7, 10, 14 & 19.

Our children are 19, 29, 35 & 40.

I don't babysit at the parks... I'm a thrill rides kind of gal. I don't babysit much at home either. I do pick up my 10yo grandson from school on Fridays and he stays here until his Dad gets off work at 11:00 PM. He could go to his Mom's but he likes coming to Grandma & Grandpa's...I think mostly because of his Uncle who loves computer and video games. :rotfl:

I am the planner of the family. The kids know I love it and just leave most of it up to me.

We usually go to DL since it's the closest to us. We try to go every other year. We went to DL in 2007 & 2009 with our daughter and her family. We went to WDW with our oldest son and his family in 2005 and are going with them again in November.

Our family started going to the Disney theme parks in 1975.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1446485

My oldest son and I are the ones who are the most excited about our trip in November and love all the planning. The rest of the family would rather not talk too much about it...they hate the waiting. :rolleyes1

I have a spreadsheet with a list of everything that we need to purchase before our upcoming trip. Our oldest comes over every payday just to watch me cross out something else from his list. He says, "I wanna see more green in my column." (I cross things off using green highlights)

Vacationing with your grown kids & their kids, is a challenge because everyone has different tastes and preferences, but we've never had any arguments... I think because we all love Disney so much. :)

Loved your pictures through the years. Just the other day I was looking thru an old album looking for a dance recital picture to put in a bridal shower card and came across pictures from our first trip to WDW in 1983 when my DD was 3 and DS was 5!!!! I have made a Disney scrapbook over the years using some of the pictures but forgot how many more I had. It was fun looking at them.

In two weeks, DH and I are taking our 8 1/2 year old GS for his first Disney experience. We are so excited!

Sandy

I'm a Disney Grandma! I started as a Disney bride almost 35 years ago. We Disneymooned at the Poly. Our children are now 30 & 26 and grew up going to Disney World. We now have 4 grandchildren. My family calls me the "family travel agent" because I am always planning trips. We have a trip in the works for this Dec. with the children & grandkids. My daughter says she won't go to Disney with anyone except her mom!

I'm a crazy 4 Disney grandma too! My daughter and I take her sons (2 & 3) twice a year. We do a lot of the planning together and wr have lots of fun planning together. Our next Disney trip is next month!! Woohoo!! We call it our spring fling. Long weekend this time then a week during the holidays!

I'm a Disney Grandma! I started as a Disney bride almost 35 years ago. We Disneymooned at the Poly. Our children are now 30 & 26 and grew up going to Disney World. We now have 4 grandchildren. My family calls me the "family travel agent" because I am always planning trips. We have a trip in the works for this Dec. with the children & grandkids. My daughter says she won't go to Disney with anyone except her mom!

wOW THAT IS HOW MY DAUGHTER AND i ARE. wE ONLY TAKE THE GUYS BECAUSE THEY INSIST. wE WOULD BE HAPPY WITH JUST HER 2 BOYS AND US:cheer2:

I am sure you will have a great tgime? Where are you staying?hAVE YOU BEEN TO wdw BEFORE? hAVE FUN:banana:

Yes, DH and I have been 20+ times. We are staying off-site at a condo.Thanks for the good wishes! I'm sure we will have a great time.

Sandy

Disney Grandma here, too!! Took DGD to WDW when she was 2, 4 and this year at 5!!! I have created a Disney Lover................LOL princess:

I am a 61 yr. old grandma who visits Disney World at least 1-2 times every year with my DH and sometimes my DS (37) who travels several times a year to Florida on business. In November 2011, we will be at WDW with our son, daughter-in-law and 2 grandchildren (who will be 5 & 3) for our first WDW visit with them. Am so looking forward to it; let's just hope that my daughter-in-law don't back out as she doesn't care for Disney or me!!!! :sad1:

Another Disney grandma here! I got hooked in 1964 when my father drove me and my 3 brothers and mother to Disneyland from NJ. Made our first trip with my three children to WDW in 1981, and have made many trips since. The first trip with my two granddaughters in 2003 was a real thrill for me, and I have been back twice since with them.

I am a disney grandma also. Grandma to a very special and sweet grandaughter and one beautiful daughter. This April will be our second trip. I do all the planning from where we stay, where we go to where we eat and love every minute of it.:dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter