**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

I just called my husband when I saw this and I was almost crying I was so excited. We started only doing the after-hours events instead of going during the day and was devastated when the 2 we had booked over spring break of 2020 were cancelled because the parks closed down. I have been waiting and waiting to see these start back up and we have a trip planned in December. I REALLY hope they have some after hours events then!

I’m not a fan of going to Halloween things in August but it’s nice to see after hours return. I’m hoping for some normal after hour dates earlier in the summer.

Me too. But I'm afraid that the fact that Disney already announced these late summer / fall AH events probably indicates that they won't be holding any June or July AH events. Argh!

These themed versions are going to get more attention. They drop little by little. I expect major announcements this month on all fronts. Im excited. That’s my own opinion though. They might be forced from the mad house Disney will start to become end of the month. Moves universal makes etc

Last edited:
I’m so excited! I love going to after hours and will definitely buy tickets for Boo Bash! Even if it is not like the past after hours having time in the park at night during hot summer days is worth it.

Anyone want to try to predict if there will be more then one Boo Bash the first week it starts? I know it says it starts August 10. We will be there that week August 8 to August 14.
Right now we have HS park reservations booked on August 10. I’m just debating on if I should try to switch HS to a different day. If August 10 is going to be the only one that week that will mess us up. Plus I know the first one will be packed with vloggers etc.

Anyone want to try to predict if there will be more then one Boo Bash the first week it starts? I know it says it starts August 10. We will be there that week August 8 to August 14.
Right now we have HS park reservations booked on August 10. I’m just debating on if I should try to switch HS to a different day. If August 10 is going to be the only one that week that will mess us up. Plus I know the first one will be packed with vloggers etc.
You can do HS in the morning and then Boo Bash in the evening. I'd go to HS until after lunch, go to the resort for a little rest, and then head to MK in time to get in around 7. I usually do a different park on AH event days, I never do MK on the same day, and I don't like just hanging around all morning either unless you just really want that to be your pool day.

You can do HS in the morning and then Boo Bash in the evening. I'd go to HS until after lunch, go to the resort for a little rest, and then head to MK in time to get in around 7. I usually do a different park on AH event days, I never do MK on the same day, and I don't like just hanging around all morning either unless you just really want that to be your pool day.
Yes I think that’s what we will do.

I love the after hours events! I'm so excited about this. My trip dates are: Aug 7 - 18. I'm hoping for two party dates during that time.

I am glad Disney is doing something for the Halloween party, and hope that as time goes on and the rates are down, vaccines are up, they can add SOME type of nighttime firework shows each night - I don't need Halloween specific shows this year, but I'll sure take some HEA! Secondly, we couldn't be MORE happy that they are using the Disney After Hours ticketed event for this. Since Feb 2017 we have gone 5 times and each time was scheduled around the After Hours events for MK, HWS and AK. For us, it's just the best use of our money and sets up the best evenings at Disney World. Here's to more of these events being scheduled through the year!

I am glad Disney is doing something for the Halloween party, and hope that as time goes on and the rates are down, vaccines are up, they can add SOME type of nighttime firework shows each night - I don't need Halloween specific shows this year, but I'll sure take some HEA! Secondly, we couldn't be MORE happy that they are using the Disney After Hours ticketed event for this. Since Feb 2017 we have gone 5 times and each time was scheduled around the After Hours events for MK, HWS and AK. For us, it's just the best use of our money and sets up the best evenings at Disney World. Here's to more of these events being scheduled through the year!
Yes I really hope fireworks come back! It might be hard for them to space people out during them though🙄

Any idea when tickets for the Boo Bash will go on sale. Their site just says "next month" which technically starts tomorrow. Trying to plan our September trip!

Any idea when tickets for the Boo Bash will go on sale. Their site just says "next month" which technically starts tomorrow. Trying to plan our September trip!
I'm with you. Can't wait to be there in September. We have loved the after hours events, and are excited for this one. Hopefully it's more of an after hours event and not a party event. I don't like the parties.... they are too crowded for my liking (even Pre Covid).

I'm with you. Can't wait to be there in September. We have loved the after hours events, and are excited for this one. Hopefully it's more of an after hours event and not a party event. I don't like the parties.... they are too crowded for my liking (even Pre Covid).

We've done the Halloween Party on Labor Day twice now and it was not too crowded at all. Going the same week this year and hoping the crowds will also be low and that there will be a Boo Bash during our 8 day stay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter