Disney Career Start Program

You request the Extendion around Dec. on the HUB. They will tell you about all this when it comes time to do so. I could not extend I called in WAY TO MUCH. Sorry for the misspelling on my last post i was posting from my phone No spell check....

Hey everyone! Well first of all, congrats to everyone who is about to the career start program! I know you're all super excited! :) But I have a few questions. I know some of them have probably been asked, so I'm sorry if I'm asking something that someone just answered. ANYWAYS..

Question 1- I'm about to start my Senior year in high school and I want to apply for the career start program. I would love to be part of the Fall 2011
program. When would be the best time to apply?

Question 2- I've read on the website about job opportunities. Don't get me wrong, I would be excited to have any job at Disney, but I really would like to audition for a character and I didn't see that on the list of jobs. If you're 18, aren't you eligible to audition for the character roles? Or does that only apply to people who aren't part of the career start? As you can tell, I'm very confused.

Question 3- If I apply and get accepted into the career start, will I be able to go to college when I go back home?

OKAY, I think those are all my questions...once again, sorry if they've already been asked! Thanks so much!

Hey everyone! Well first of all, congrats to everyone who is about to the career start program! I know you're all super excited! :) But I have a few questions. I know some of them have probably been asked, so I'm sorry if I'm asking something that someone just answered. ANYWAYS..

Question 1- I'm about to start my Senior year in high school and I want to apply for the career start program. I would love to be part of the Fall 2011
program. When would be the best time to apply?

Question 2- I've read on the website about job opportunities. Don't get me wrong, I would be excited to have any job at Disney, but I really would like to audition for a character and I didn't see that on the list of jobs. If you're 18, aren't you eligible to audition for the character roles? Or does that only apply to people who aren't part of the career start? As you can tell, I'm very confused.

Question 3- If I apply and get accepted into the career start, will I be able to go to college when I go back home?

OKAY, I think those are all my questions...once again, sorry if they've already been asked! Thanks so much!

#1. You can't apply until around January or February. That's when the Fall 11 would be accepting apps. But I would advise applying asap for that term.

#2. I don't think CS can audition for Characters but I'm not sure. So don't take this answer as a definitive one.

#3. Of course you could go to college when your program is over. You could possibly enter with classes from Disney that are credited to your major. But that depends on the school and courses that you take.

With Devin answering 1 and 3 pretty good. I can answer number 2 for you. You can't audition before your program, but can audition while you're on your program. You're probably confused, if so, I'll say it like this. Only College Program kids can audition before their program starts. CareerStart kids can't, but is allowed to audition while on their program(mostly the auditions happen in the middle of the program), the audition will have other Cast Members who are apart of the College Program and people who are cast members living in the Orlando area. Hope you understood that well enough. :)

Hello.
I applied for the program beginning Fall 2010 at Walt Disney World. I was wondering if anyone had any advice for me or help me to explain how things work, to the place of the interview?
I am very confused!

Hello.
I applied for the program beginning Fall 2010 at Walt Disney World. I was wondering if anyone had any advice for me or help me to explain how things work, to the place of the interview?
I am very confused!

First off welcome.:thumbsup2

Now as for your question. Are you sure you applied for Fall 2010? Because that starts in about 22 days. If you applied for that you would've had to have applied at the start of the year.

Second. The interview is in 2 parts. There is an online interview which is very general and simple. All you have to do it answer the questions consistently. The second part is a phone interview. You will set this up after your web interview. It again is very general. You just need to be calm and relaxed. People say it helps to smile while you're taking the phone interview.

First off welcome.:thumbsup2

Now as for your question. Are you sure you applied for Fall 2010? Because that starts in about 22 days. If you applied for that you would've had to have applied at the start of the year.

Second. The interview is in 2 parts. There is an online interview which is very general and simple. All you have to do it answer the questions consistently. The second part is a phone interview. You will set this up after your web interview. It again is very general. You just need to be calm and relaxed. People say it helps to smile while you're taking the phone interview.

i think you have said it perfectly :)

Guess what Y'all I will be flying from corner to corner of the U.S to come and chill with all of you for 6 months in about 8 days. Yeah be excited hahaha!

so i am a junior and i'm looking into doing the career start program after i graduate high school. i have one question, if i apply to that, do i have to apply to a college as well? or does that act as a college? also, in your oppinion, what is better? the career start program or the college program?

sorry, i know these questions have probably been answered before, but i'm really new to the boards, please bare with me:)

so i am a junior and i'm looking into doing the career start program after i graduate high school. i have one question, if i apply to that, do i have to apply to a college as well? or does that act as a college? also, in your oppinion, what is better? the career start program or the college program?

sorry, i know these questions have probably been answered before, but i'm really new to the boards, please bare with me:)

hey there! No you do not have to apply to college program. You can apply for that when your in college, but you dont have to. They are both practically the same program. Though the college program has more job roles, and more housing options. But they are both amazing programs

hey there! No you do not have to apply to college program. You can apply for that when your in college, but you dont have to. They are both practically the same program. Though the college program has more job roles, and more housing options. But they are both amazing programs

thanks:) and this is a program you do AFTER you graduate high school right?(i'm talking about the career start program)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter