Disney Club Discounts??

For me the DC card has more than paid for itself. We saved $378 on our room for our trip in May. We also saved $$ on our annual passes. We are planning a second trip in December and we currently have a discount of $90 on that room. Originally we had free disney dollars, but we dropped the resort magic package from our trip when we realized we would be able to save more money and possibly get even better room rates with the APs. Disney dollars only come with the packages. But given the $378 savings, I would say it was worth the $30. :D

Jun 97 - DL
May 01 - AKL

How much do people need to save to not complain? The DC discounts on my park hopper tickets more than paid for my card. I saved more money than that on the car rental using the DC codes. I did not get any discount on my hotel (or any Disney $'s) but so what. I will save more on Disney Quest admission and souvenier purchases at World of Disney. If I get back more than what I paid for the card it seems like a good deal to me. Why does it seem like everyone expects to get thousands or even hundreds of dollars of savings from a $30 card?

The way I look at it is that if I save double the money I spent on the card, then I come out ahead. So far I have saved on the magazine (which we love), I will save about $40.00 on WDW tickets and I just used the Entertainment link to save $100.00 on two rooms for another trip I'm taking. That's pretty good for $30.00. I'm about $110.00 ahead and I didn't even use the card for a room a WDW (a first for me, but got the great AKL upsell). Even with the old MKC card, discounts weren't guaranteed, I always managed to get one, but I always went in off peak seasons

You can also join the National Car Rental Emerald Club for free - that's a $50 value. If you rent with National you can then bypass the lines and pick your car from the EC section.

1993 - Off Site
01/27/01 - YC - 7 days
02/03/01 - 7 day Magic Cruise
Next WDW trip Dec. 2001

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter