Disney Dream Adds Five Night Cruises For The Summer... Are The Three Night Cruises Gone??

goofy47

Frank
My question is... That will technically eliminate the 3 night cruise packages... Am I missing something here.... Will DCL charge so much more for the five night cruise that it will cover the losses they will incur on the three night cruises... I just wondering... any comments would be appreciated...

My question is... That will technically eliminate the 3 night cruise packages... Am I missing something here.... Will DCL charge so much more for the five night cruise that it will cover the losses they will incur on the three night cruises... I just wondering... any comments would be appreciated...
There are still 3 night cruises. Maybe DCL is setting it up for the Dream to do longer cruises. When the new ship comes in service, she may do sort cruises. Who knows?

I'm confused. For summer 2021? I don't see any 5-nights on the Dream for summer 2021. There's only one on the Fantasy. It looks like the Dream is doing all 3- and 4-nights.

I'm confused. For summer 2021? I don't see any 5-nights on the Dream for summer 2021. There's only one on the Fantasy. It looks like the Dream is doing all 3- and 4-nights.

I just looked and saw the same as you stated. Not sure what OP saw.

Just the one 5 night from what I can see but its on the Fantasy. From the Website:

2021 Disney Fantasy 5-Night Bahamian Cruise from Port Canaveral with 2 Stops at Disney Castaway Cay: 7/17

Day 1: Port Canaveral, Florida
Day 2: At Sea
Day 3: Disney Castaway Cay
Day 4: Nassau, The Bahamas
Day 5: Disney Castaway Cay
Day 6: Port Canaveral, Florida

I have to say, its quite the surprise. I always thought those 5 nights on the dream were popular. They were definitely priced as though they were.

I did see it.... for a moment I thought I was going bonkers... here is the link … Disney Dream... 5 night cruise... In July... Since there are only seven days in the week, it would seem that the three night cruise will not take place that weekend...

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/...ops-at-castaway-cay/july-5-2020-disney-dream/
Yes, they've done this on and off with June or July alternating 5-night/5-night/4-night, then switching back to the usual 3-night/4-night pattern on the Dream. I did B2B 5-nights in 2017. It was fabulous.
:beach:

Just the one 5 night from what I can see but its on the Fantasy. From the Website:

2021 Disney Fantasy 5-Night Bahamian Cruise from Port Canaveral with 2 Stops at Disney Castaway Cay: 7/17

Day 1: Port Canaveral, Florida
Day 2: At Sea
Day 3: Disney Castaway Cay
Day 4: Nassau, The Bahamas
Day 5: Disney Castaway Cay
Day 6: Port Canaveral, Florida

I have to say, its quite the surprise. I always thought those 5 nights on the dream were popular. They were definitely priced as though they were.

I'm thinking about one of the double dips on the Dream for this June and there are a lot of guarantee cabins so maybe they aren't selling like Disney thought? Also it's probably not a huge deal but I wonder why they put a 5 night cruise on the Fantasy instead of the Dream. Usually the Fantasy has longer trips

I'm thinking about one of the double dips on the Dream for this June and there are a lot of guarantee cabins so maybe they aren't selling like Disney thought? Also it's probably not a huge deal but I wonder why they put a 5 night cruise on the Fantasy instead of the Dream. Usually the Fantasy has longer trips
Someone mentioned on another thread, if it's the one I'm thinking of, it's a DVC members cruise.

I wasn't sure if it was 2020 or 2021 So I hope everyone understands that... I was just surprised that the DCL would have the Dream do a 5 nighter and drop the 3 nighter on the weekend... Disney hates to lose money... but from what I see, it's July 5th Sunday thru the 10th Friday is $2000 more the normal 4 nighter... that more then makes up for the 3 night cruise... Just saying...

Maybe the Fantasy is doing a 9-night trip? 9+5 = 14 and then back to regular?

Maybe the Fantasy is doing a 9-night trip? 9+5 = 14 and then back to regular?

That's exactly what they are doing. 5-night Bahamas followed by 9-night Southern Caribbean:

July 17th 2021 - 5-Night Bahamian Cruise from Port Canaveral with 2 Stops at Disney Castaway Cay (Castaway Cay, Nassau, Castaway Cay)

July 22nd 2021 - 9-Night Southern Caribbean Cruise from Port Canaveral (Basseterre, Castries, St. John's, St. Thomas, Castaway Cay)

They did some 5-night Double Dips summer 2019. I was on one. It is not unusual.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter