Disney Dream January 9th, 2017

Hello! My daughter (age 19) and I will be on this sailing, and doing the Castaway Cay 5k! Not the challenge, as it is the only race we are doing, but looking forward to it. Gives me a goal to get in shape for- and 6 months should be enough time. Right? :)

Hey Racers---
From what I have read, we can run the Castaway Cay 5k without doing the other Marathon Weekend events, the difference is which medal we receive and it is not the "Castaway Cay Challenge". I don't see how to register for the non-challenge run, though. The only options through Active.com also require another Marathon Weekend event as well. Maybe I don't need to register for it? Anyone know, or know where I can find my answer?

Thanks!

@Piper23 you do not have to register on Active. It may change by then but right now you sign up when you get on the ship.

Thank you, poohs4me

I also emailed the runDisney support people, and will let you all know what I find out.
You will never hear back from Run Disney. DCL does the Castway Cay 5K on all of their cruises that stop at CC. I am pretty sure it is not even handled by Run Disney. It is a DCL thing.

Here's the response I got from runDisney yesterday:

----

Dear Diana,

Thank you for contacting us at runDisney.

We appreciate the opportunity to review your inquiry. We have two options for Guests who would like to participate in a running event while onboard. The most popular is the Castaway Cay 5K, which is open to all Disney Cruise Line Guests during their voyage. A special medallion is presented to those who finish the race. Once aboard, please see the Port Adventures Desk for more information and registration since Guests are unable to register for the Castaway Cay 5K prior to boarding. An additional option is the Castaway Cay Challenge event. This is a special medal race available for Guests that took part in one of the events from the Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend as well as the Castaway Cay 5K event. You can go to DisneyCruise.com to book your cruise aboard the Disney Dream today and then register for the Castaway Cay Challenge on Active.com. Cruises are limited and you will need to book this first before our running event. Both Castaway Cay options provide a fun experience and we are happy to offer them for you to enjoy.

We hope this information is helpful to you in planning to participate in one of our runDisney events.

Sincerely,

Sarah Doyle

Guest Experience Services

runDisney

Email: runDisney@disneysports.com

I have had it hit or miss with whether Run Disney responds and it seems to take way longer then it actually should.

I plan on paying for the cruise in full next month. That's when my excitement amps up a notch only to fade away until a week before I can start booking stuff.

Hey guys! Dusting off my Disboards profile. I'll be on the sailing with ya! Bringing my bff Shanlee who hasn't been to Disney OR on a cruise! We're doing 3 days at Disney before. I'm running in the marathon! *Not sure what I was thinking!!! lol We belong to the FB group but it's also quite slow. Figured I'd come say hi here!

My family and I will be sailing our first Disney cruise on this voyage! I am super excited! Wanting to find out more about fish extenders. Has anyone started anything for this sailing? Thanks!

Also, I've searched, but been unable to find FB group for this sailing...can someone link or give exact wording of group name?

Thanks!!

Welcome @HeatherLassell and @fin4dream!!! We are kind of slow over here as well.

@fin4dream - We cannot point you to another social group per the Disboards rules which you can find on the main disboards Disney Cruiseline forum.

@HeatherLassell - How is the training coming? The WDW marathon was my first (ok only) a few years ago and I LOVE my Mickey Medal. This time I am working towards the Donald Half. I am hoping the medal will be neat because its an anniversary year. My training is slooooowwwwwww. It is so hot outside and training on the treadmill gets so boring for me.

Welcome! This cruise is going to be full of runners! I am happy to organize the FE, I did it years ago for an 11 night sailing and we had over 100 families participating, it was crazy.

I am also traveling with my friend, her first cruise also.

Does anyone want to link reservations to dine together? Sometimes it is nice to dine with people you know ahead of time.

Heather, are you also running the Castaway Cay for the challenge medal?

Welcome! This cruise is going to be full of runners! I am happy to organize the FE, I did it years ago for an 11 night sailing and we had over 100 families participating, it was crazy.

I am also traveling with my friend, her first cruise also.

Does anyone want to link reservations to dine together? Sometimes it is nice to dine with people you know ahead of time.

Heather, are you also running the Castaway Cay for the challenge medal?

We are in for the FE exchange.

Just thought I would check in and see how everyone's planning and/or training is going.
I finally bought airfare and got my sister to buy hers as well. So we are headed down for sure. I have also PIF. :cool1:

I think I am even ready for booking when I comes available. :jumping3: Once again hurrying up and waiting.

I am still trying to work out where I am staying Sunday Night and how I am getting to the port. I have a couple of options booked but just do not know which one to go with. How about you all?

My DH and I will be on this cruise, mostly to do the Castaway Cay Challenge after the marathon weekend. Looking forward to it all. We were last on a Disney cruise to celebrate our 25 wedding anniversary and took us 18 years to get back.

Hi everyone!! I haven't logged into dis for a long time!! My hubs and I are doing this cruise and the next one. I'm running the dopey challenge. This will be our 18th dcl cruise and bringing our friends with us that have never cruised!! I would love to join the fe group as well

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter