Disney Dream now using Starlink

cwis

DIS Veteran
Maybe the info was already public, in which case I apologize for the double post.

Now on the Disney Dream and the internet has been “upgraded” to use SpaceX Starlink.

In case you're wondering, no, it doesn't change the speed in any way. Fingers crossed, at least, we'll get better coverage during the EBTA crossing.
1715035935700.png

Where were you when you checked? In a port? At sea? Doing the West bound in October so interested in “Middle of the Ocean” connectivity!

Where were you when you checked? In a port? At sea? Doing the West bound in October so interested in “Middle of the Ocean” connectivity!
We are day 2 of our voyage. But I remember doing a speedtest when we left Fort Lauderdale and it was about the same so not sure I could blame the location, I believe there is a system-wide shaping in place.

The most fascinating thing about Starlink is watching the train of satellites fly overhead. See the following link for when they are visible in your area. It is quite a site! The Starlink satellites are easily visitable in light polluted suburban areas, but only for a few minutes. SpaceX is actually trying to reduce the brightness due to many complaints.

https://findstarlink.com/

-Paul

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter