Disney Fantasy-5 Night Castaway Cay Double Dip - Nov 06, 2021

Our family of 5 will be there! We are very excited to sail on the Fantasy, the only ship we have not experienced yet. Any differences to note for the Fantasy compared to the Dream? Can't wait!!

Any differences to note for the Fantasy compared to the Dream?

Not really. They both have Meridian bar on the back of the ship on deck 11, that's where we hang out mostly at the outside deck area of the bar. We're also doing the Fantasy 3 nighter right after this one so should be an awesome cruise.

From what I can tell there are a lot of Canadians going on this one. Is it some kind of holiday up there for this week?

We rebooked to this one. Booked a Concierge cabin so we can get a cabana on both stops.

Last edited:

Woohoo! Booked this Tuesday morning!
My family of 4 includes myself, dh and our 2 girls who will be 10(turns 11 a week after this cruise) and 13. It will be our 3rd time on the Fantasy but our first double dip and our first Merrytime!! Hard to say which # cruise it will be for us lol If our other two 2021 cruises also sail then this will be #11 for us and first as Platinum. Guess it remains to be seen..... :rolleyes1

Just to warn everyone we are rabid Bingo players. Also, when we win, they come over with the microphone and ask where you're from. I state where we're from but I also state I'm "T&R on the DCL forum" as well. So feel free to come by and introduce yourselves. Would be cool to put a face to some of the names. Just FYI, we usually win once or twice while onboard. I think the most times we've won on one cruise is 4 times.

Hello Everyone!

We are so excited to be on this cruise! We pushed a West Coast trip back later in the year and when the double dip came out quickly changed gears. I can't wait to do Castaway twice, it's my favourite stop.

If you can't tell by the u in favourite, we're from Canada. ;) Just north of Seattle, right close to the border. We are celebrating my Mom's birthday on the cruise so it will be a lot of fun with 11 of us. Myself, DH, DD (15), DS (12), my parents, Brother, Sister-In-Law, Niece (6), Nephew (4), Nephew (2).

Where is everyone else travelling from?

We are slated to travel on this cruise. It falls over my birthday, so it seemed a perfect reason to book it. DH and I have four kids. But I believe only our youngest two (3 and 14 at the time of sailing) will be joining us. Or, if the world is at a very safe place, maybe it will just be DH and me and we’ll leave the littles with the grandparents.

I love taking a double dip cruise, and the Fantasy is our favorite ship. Our last cruise was a late graduation gift to our oldest, and we docked back at Port Canaveral on the Fantasy on March 7, just before all of our worlds were about to turn upside down. So it’s so nice to be planning ahead and looking forward to this sailing. It will be our first Christmas themed one!

Hi Everyone! It'll be myself, my husband and my son (10 when we sail) on this cruise. It's our 2nd Disney cruise, first one on the Fantasy, so we're looking forward to seeing the differences between the Magic and this one. We love Castaway Cay and are really excited to be able to do it twice. This will also be our first Merrytime Cruise as well, bring on all the Christmas things!! Looking forward to getting to know everyone :)

The Great State of Texas here. Dallas area. Texas has no state or local income tax, just saying. Seriously does Canada get like a fall break or something cuz there is a ton (907 kilograms) of Canadians on this cruise.

Hey everyone, look into doing the 3 night Fantasy cruise right after this one and make it a back 2 back cruise (try and get at least one same room for both cruises so you don't have to pack last night of first cruise). The 3 night is significantly cheaper because it's only 3 nights and it's not a CC double dip. You can get to your Gold or Platinum status faster with another cruise tacked on and you're already taking the week off anyway for this cruise which gets back on Thursday (are you really going to go back to work/school on Friday and just work/attend one day?). When else are you going to do a 3 night on the Fantasy, almost never happens? Plus the cruise meets thread for the 11/11/21 Fantasy cruise desperately needs some activity. What can it hurt to look into it?

Hello Everyone!

We are so excited to be on this cruise! We pushed a West Coast trip back later in the year and when the double dip came out quickly changed gears. I can't wait to do Castaway twice, it's my favourite stop.

If you can't tell by the u in favourite, we're from Canada. ;) Just north of Seattle, right close to the border. We are celebrating my Mom's birthday on the cruise so it will be a lot of fun with 11 of us. Myself, DH, DD (15), DS (12), my parents, Brother, Sister-In-Law, Niece (6), Nephew (4), Nephew (2).

:cheer2: We're from BC as well and live about 15 minutes from Peace Arch and truck crossing border crossings :rotfl2:

No Fall break for us (not a thing in Canada), just really want to get back to cruising and willing to sacrifice 4 school days for my 8th grade and 6th grade kids to do it (also why we can also not do the TA or PC cruises, gotta wait til the kids are out of the house for those lol).

Hello, everyone!

We booked this cruise on Wednesday. We've been on the Fantasy twice before, but this is our first Merrytime AND our first Double Dip. We love Castaway Cay and we're quite excited about 2️⃣ stops.

My husband (FatherOfMore) and I live in Kentucky and will be traveling with our 5 children. They'll be 16, 10, 10, 10 and 2 when we sail.:earsboy::earsboy::earsboy::earsgirl::earsgirl:

will be traveling with our 5 children. They'll be 16, 10, 10, 10 and 2 when we sail

Holly molly, 5? You got us beat. We have 4 boys, on this cruise they will be (16,15,11 and 9). I feel your having to buy 2 rooms pain. Also, congrats on your first post, hopefully your first of many.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter