• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Genie announcement

Disney app had a glitchy morning - uninstalled it and re-installed it twice - finally got to purchase FOP. I'm not buying genie+ for animal kingdom day, but I was testing it... every time I clicked on get genie+ the button to click to buy it never worked. Glad it wasn't Hollywood Studios day!
It’s so sad that this doesn’t shock me anymore

Reading all the opinions here on stacking and when to do big ticket rides, I guess my question is, if I DON’T make that later reservation for a big ticket ride and I instead use it all day as I go, what happens with the big ticket ride we want?Is standby for that one better and then use Genie+ for everything else?
Standby would be better IF you did it rope drop (very difficult to do as yoI need to be in the first wave of people, not towards the back; if you’re towards the back it’s the same wait as someone who arrived 30 mins late) at closing.

I definitely don't think there is an advantage to book a headliner later in the day just to stack...the advantage (to me) in booking a headliner later in the day is you know you will save the most time for one of the busiest and most popular rides of the day. Sure, you can pickup one, two or even three additional giving you the potential of using 4 G+ before 5 pm plus whatever you get after that but the real value is that hard to get Slinky Dog in the afternoon that he mentioned. Especially on a day you plan to rope drop MK, monorail over to Epcot for a late lunch at a food booth or two then head over to HS to close the evening down with your LL for SDD+ and your ILL for Rise.

Stacking definitely isn't the best method for quantity but it helps for other reasons.
Thats true. SDD was at 5:45 pm 40 mins into park opening. HS was a skip park for us for years, it added so much stress last 2 trips post COVID that it’s only one day on our upcoming trip.

So...according to the park reservation calendar, this Saturday is sold out at MK. That means we'll get to see how this all works on a day with capacity crowds?

?? I just checked again, and Magic Kingdom is not sold out Saturday, not even for Annual Passholders.

So with stacking evening Genie+, I could be doing that at say 12 pm and 2 pm from the flight for 5-6 Test track, 6-7 Soarin pm on my travel day. Buy Remy and Frozen stacked (at 7 am) and sit down dinner.

I don‘t have to be scanned in to the park to book the second Genie+?

Could I also book another at 4 pm for 7-8?

So with stacking evening Genie+, I could be doing that at say 12 pm and 2 pm from the flight for 5-6 Test track, 6-7 Soarin pm on my travel day. Buy Remy and Frozen stacked (at 7 am) and sit down dinner.

I don‘t have to be scanned in to the park to book the second Genie+?

Could I also book another at 4 pm for 7-8?
Im not there now , and am not an expert but i think it depends on whats available next in the cue. You can not pick the times for test track and sorring. So at 12 pm you could get a 130 pm slot or 830 pm slot. Depends on the day.

Not playing semantics but you have these time windows way too close to be reality.

You won't really find return windows two hours in the future at 9:06 am so in reality, you'd end up waiting longer to book that second one which means your 120 minute clock is getting pushed down the road as you refresh and wait for something to come up with a 11:10 return window.
That's a good point. I didn't take into account that you might have to wait around until the return time available is far enough out to make this work. That said, for more popular rides, the times would potentially be getting pushed out more quickly.

To the person who asked why schedule for 2 hours away? My thinking was to use it for more popular rides where the times would get pushed out later anyway (as opposed to using it for a lot of "C-ticket rides" with close return times). I was just brainstorming and hadn't taken the time to really analyze this strategy in detail.

My main point was building off an earlier comment about booking an LL that's 2 hours in the future. What I was attempting to illustrate was that, rather than booking something that's right at the 2-hour mark, scanning into that ride, and booking another... it would be more advantageous if you book for slightly over 2 hours. That way, you can book another LL at the 2-hour mark and then another a few minutes later when you scan in.

As pointed out, that is contingent on the stars aligning with available return times. And some people might prefer to use it as often as possible instead of targeting the more popular rides specifically.

That's a good point. I didn't take into account that you might have to wait around until the return time available is far enough out to make this work. That said, for more popular rides, the times would potentially be getting pushed out more quickly.

To the person who asked why schedule for 2 hours away? My thinking was to use it for more popular rides where the times would get pushed out later anyway (as opposed to using it for a lot of "C-ticket rides" with close return times). I was just brainstorming and hadn't taken the time to really analyze this strategy in detail.

My main point was building off an earlier comment about booking an LL that's 2 hours in the future. What I was attempting to illustrate was that, rather than booking something that's right at the 2-hour mark, scanning into that ride, and booking another... it would be more advantageous if you book for slightly over 2 hours. That way, you can book another LL at the 2-hour mark and then another a few minutes later when you scan in.

As pointed out, that is contingent on the stars aligning with available return times. And some people might prefer to use it as often as possible instead of targeting the more popular rides specifically.
Depending on the park and what your doing and when you arrive, it can work good that way. Just looking at MK now, most standby lines are 20 mins, and the LL on some of them are 3 hours away. So, do you wait in a 20 min line, or come back in 3 hours. Might be better to say get a LL for the 50 min standby line thats 3 hours out. Who knows.

Process to refresh Genie+ to see alternative available times?
MDE aggravated me yesterday while I was trying to use G+. The only way I found was to open and close the app 2-4 times and then maybe it would show G+ options. In addition to that I had to log in using a code 4 times yesterday. I expected better for having paid for a product. I plan to email Disney and give them an account of my experience. I decided against standing in line at Guest Relations on the way out because it was time to eat

Depending on the park and what your doing and when you arrive, it can work good that way. Just looking at MK now, most standby lines are 20 mins, and the LL on some of them are 3 hours away. So, do you wait in a 20 min line, or come back in 3 hours. Might be better to say get a LL for the 50 min standby line thats 3 hours out. Who knows.
Just reloaded rhe page, and the LL times droped, waited another few min, and a lot of them dropped again. This looks like it will be a pita. So, some rides went from a 3 hour window, to 1..5 hour window to 30 mins. Lol.

I was at Disney 10/18-21 (off site 19-21). 10/18 went to AK (no Genie, no problems, everything walk on).
Then Tuesday- opened phone to updated app, HS day, but only a half day. Tried to use the free Genie. I entered only 3 things I wanted to do- RNRC, MMRR, Pizze Rizzo. It would not let me adjust the times for when I'd be in the park and kept populating the entire day- made MMRR for 10:40 with an expected average wait, Rizzo for right at noon, RNRC for 1:40pm (which it listed as the highest expected wait). I removed all of the unwanted suggestions, and it repopulated again (changed a few, changed times for others), but kept the three I wanted, exactly where they were originally.

Oldest had a migraine, so I decided to swap HS with Epcot (reserved for 10/20). Checked AP availability for HS on 10/20 , modified HS, booked Epcot. Modified Epcot- HS not available. Check calendar-available. Cancelled Epcot and tried to book HS as new reservation- told me I already had a reservation for that day (which I didn't). I decided to spend 10/20 at USO instead. Booked HS for 10/21

10/19 Youngest and I went to Epcot. While on the bus, decided to buy ILL$ for Remy- Genie would only show me HS plans, saying I didn't have a park reservation. Looked at park reservations- Epcot. Signed out and in 4 times and finally Genie recognized my reservations. ILL$ return times were available immediately, I selected an hour away. Paid with gift card. When we got there I decided I won't even try for VQ in November- the line was ridiculous. If anyone wants to ride, I'm just spending the money.

10/21 Arrived 15 minutes before regular opening. Started letting offsite guests through right at 9. Got behind a group that thought they had tickets, but didn't. It took CMs about 10 minutes to move them away from tapstiles to let other guests through. Straight to RNRC posted 25 min wait, took 10. Went to ToT, posted 35. Took about 30, LL traffic was really picking up while we were in standby.

I still have no idea if I'll use G+ in November. Most likely not, based on this week. I definitely will not use the free one, and I'll throw $ at the ILL$, if anyone really wants to ride (but we've all been before and will again, so other than Remy, probably won't do that either)

Im not there now , and am not an expert but i think it depends on whats available next in the cue. You can not pick the times for test track and sorring. So at 12 pm you could get a 130 pm slot or 830 pm slot. Depends on the day.
At around 12 people would be booking evening passes and taking a break. I wonder if you told genie you are taking a resort/pool break would genie then give evening passes Like park hopper?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter