Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bed Bath & Beyond has a $25 rebate if you purchase a $200 visa gift card in store thru 11/28. The gift card has a $6.95 fee and you can get 2 rebates.
I tried to find this on their website. Where did you see it, do I need a coupon? Also is this a "mail-in" rebate? Why 2 rebates or do you mean you can purchase 2/$200 gift cards? Thanks

Clarity please, can you use any tender to purchase the Target gift cards or only a Red Card? Thanks

I am not sure about 'any' tender but in the past, you could purchase the Target GC with a Target GC. I have been able to do that as recent as today so I am optimistic it will still work on Dec 4th.

Ebates is again offering 15% cash back on Orbitz activities which includes Disneyworld tickets. Again, these are only available for purchase and pick up at the Disneyworld will call windows thru December 31. The fine print on the voucher says you must pick up the tickets at the will call window during the dates provided; others in the past have said they just added the tickets to their Disney account but never actually picked up the tickets. However, those people still used the tickets in the time period they provided - no one seems to know what would happen if you added the tickets to your account and saved them for a date in the future so try at your own risk.

I

I know some of you buy GCs from Sears/Kmart. Amex has a new Offer for Sears when you spend $50, you get $10 back.

Raise also has a promo for $10 off when you spend $100 or more. Enter code CMRAISE. One-time use. Limit one per household. Unfortunately, a lot of the cards for retailers that can get you to Disney are sold out, and everything else seems to have already factored in the discount into their asking price. Still, maybe someone can find a good deal!

Last edited:
I noticed that too except it's for Sears.com. I see that you can purchase Disney gift cards on Sears.com but it's powered by Giftcard Mall. As in, the web address even changes to giftcardmall.com/sears. I'm wondering how the charge would show and whether it would still qualify.

I noticed that too except it's for Sears.com. I see that you can purchase Disney gift cards on Sears.com but it's powered by Giftcard Mall. As in, the web address even changes to giftcardmall.com/sears. I'm wondering how the charge would show and whether it would still qualify.

You're right. I never shop at Sears/Sears .com so I'm not the best source for this. If third-party cards are processed through GCM, I doubt it'll trigger the Amex offer. But Sears .com does sell their own e-gift cards directly, right? which would qualify for the Amex offer? I imagine you could buy a Sears e-gift card, use it to buy a third-party GC in store (YMMV), or exchange it for a Sears physical card in store (YMMV) and then take it to Kmart to buy Disney (YMMV). May be too much trouble for $10...

I don't have experience with Sears.com either, but it does appear that you are right in that they would process the sale for their own gift cards so I'm sure that would satisfy Amex for the credit. It also appears that you could opt for one by mail (with free standard shipping) to avoid the e-card step. This would definitely be good for someone who lives near a Kmart that they know allows GC to GC purchases. Unfortunately I don't fall into that group but hopefully this deal benefits others!

I like the idea of buying a physical gift card from sears .com to trigger the Amex credit. I was unsuccessful two years ago trying to buy gc with gc card at both sears and Kmart. I tried again a couple of months ago at sears and was able to buy a Disney gc with a sears gc without any problems. The $50 is not a huge amount of money so if I end up having to use it on something else I'm fine with that.

I tried to find this on their website. Where did you see it, do I need a coupon? Also is this a "mail-in" rebate? Why 2 rebates or do you mean you can purchase 2/$200 gift cards? Thanks
I found out about it on this thread, but here is more information: http://www.doctorofcredit.com/purch...eyond-get-25-visa-prepaid-via-rebate-limit-2/

I bought 2 pre-paid Visa gift cards at Bed Bath and Beyond yesterday for $413.90 which includes the $6.95 activation fee. I will get 1% back from my credit card that I connected to ebates via the ebates app. I may or may not get 4% back from ebates but it was worth a try. I am currently filling out the online rebate form. I will receive two $25 Visa Gift Cards in the form of a rebate from Bed Bath and Beyond which comes out to be about a 9% discount after the activation fee. I'll use my $400 in Visa Gift Cards at my local HyVee Grocery store to buy $400 worth of Target gift cards (and get 80-cents off my next fuel fill up).

I just finished an online chat with the rebate center and a UPC is not necessary because there is none on the card. ETA: I copied the chat with a program called "snipping tool" before it went away and I included a jpeg of that chat as my UPC proof of purchase.

Last edited:
Acme has a gift card deal. Buy $100 of selected GC and get $15 off your next grocery trip of $25. I used it this weekend. Went to customer service and bought $100 worth of Best Buy GC. Then did my grocery shopping and easily used the $15 off. No limit. Good thru Dec 1.

I've been watching Acme because they just started advertising discounted gas at Sunoco. There deal isn't as good as the Kroger one I hear talk of (wish I had a Kroger) but here are the details - up to $1 off 25 gallons and one car only, GC count as 2x points, haven't seen anything about multiple point deals. But this in conjunction with the gift card deal was good. Plus I'll earn gas discounts with my regular shopping.

Shoprite is having a two day sale (today and Sat) spend $100 on any giftcard, get a $20 coupon good on $20 worth of groceries. Can only purchase $100 at a time. I plan on buying Disney gift cards to use on MVMCP dinner and party night. Might as well get free groceries!!!
I took advantage of the Shop Rite deal. Bought $100 work if Disney. I hadn't read the fine print and didn't realize I couldn't use the $20 off coupon same day, a bit annoying. I'll have to read the fine print before I decide if I want to try the one offered this week,

Raise is having a one time use coupon today: $10 off a $100 purchase or more. CMRAISE is the code. I kept refreshing for Target cards around $100. Took some persistence but finally got a $116.55 card for $105.85 plus 1% Ebates. So an 11% discount total with the promo code, small percentage that it was already discounted on Raise, Ebates and 1% credit card points.

Raise is having a one time use coupon today: $10 off a $100 purchase or more. CMRAISE is the code. I kept refreshing for Target cards around $100. Took some persistence but finally got a $116.55 card for $105.85 plus 1% Ebates. So an 11% discount total with the promo code, small percentage that it was already discounted on Raise, Ebates and 1% credit card points.

Thanks! The refreshing trick and a little patience paid off!

Within 15 minutes of refreshing the Target cards, I was able to find two cards at 1% off that added up to just a few coins over $100 (to maximize the % savings), used the $10 off promo code, and earned another 1% cash back through Ebates. My first try did end up with one of the cards in my cart getting sniped as I was checking out, but then I had entered the promo code so that and all my billing info were ready to try again.

Last edited:
I don't have experience with Sears.com either, but it does appear that you are right in that they would process the sale for their own gift cards so I'm sure that would satisfy Amex for the credit. It also appears that you could opt for one by mail (with free standard shipping) to avoid the e-card step. This would definitely be good for someone who lives near a Kmart that they know allows GC to GC purchases. Unfortunately I don't fall into that group but hopefully this deal benefits others!

The Frequent Miler posted about this deal on his site but someone in the comments section reported that physical gift cards are coding as Kmart, not Sears. Someone else commented that the Sears eGC's that don't have a kmart design should code as Sears. I'm going to wait for more data points before I take the plunge on this deal.

Thanks! The refreshing trick and a little patience paid off!

Within 15 minutes of refreshing the Target cards, I was able to find two cards at 1% off that added up to just a few coins over $100 (to maximize the % savings), used the $10 off promo code, and earned another 1% cash back through Ebates. My first try did end up with one of the cards in my cart getting sniped as I was checking out, but then I had entered the promo code so that and all my billing info were ready to try again.
I am trying to do a similar deal, but with WalMart Cards. I have already exceeded my lifetime rebate limit, so I am not going through ebates. Right now, they are selling $175 cards at 1% off, so I am waiting. If I can find a combination that gets me close to $143.98, I will use that to buy 3 $50 Disney cards at Sams.

I found out about it on this thread, but here is more information: http://www.doctorofcredit.com/purch...eyond-get-25-visa-prepaid-via-rebate-limit-2/

I bought 2 pre-paid Visa gift cards at Bed Bath and Beyond yesterday for $413.90 which includes the $6.95 activation fee. I will get 1% back from my credit card that I connected to ebates via the ebates app. I may or may not get 4% back from ebates but it was worth a try. I am currently filling out the online rebate form. I will receive two $25 Visa Gift Cards in the form of a rebate from Bed Bath and Beyond which comes out to be about a 9% discount after the activation fee. I'll use my $400 in Visa Gift Cards at my local HyVee Grocery store to buy $400 worth of Target gift cards (and get 80-cents off my next fuel fill up).

I just finished an online chat with the rebate center and a UPC is not necessary because there is none on the card. ETA: I copied the chat with a program called "snipping tool" before it went away and I included a jpeg of that chat as my UPC proof of purchase.
Regarding the "snipping tool" can I use my "screenshot" on my computer to do the same thing? ...just making sure all goes thru like you did, with complete info included for rebate. btw...thanks for your help! On my way to purchase visa gift card at BBB!

Does anyone know if Pier1 Imports sells 3rd party gift cards in store? Amex has a new offer for a $15 credit on a $75 purchase.

I ended up with 1% back from Ebates. I had forgotten that I had linked my cc for in store cash back, so it was a pleasant surprise.

And thanks for the heads up on the UPC. I have been taking a pic of the back of my gc packaging.

I'm sure it's been posted here already, but at BJ's.com they offer a discount on Disney gift cards...and you don't have to be a member to purchase them.
$25 for $23.99
$50 for $47.99
$100 for $94.99
3 pack $50 each (total $150) for $147.99
http://www.bjs.com/search?Ntt=Disney Gift Card&N=

So you can buy 3 individual $50 gift cards for $47.99 x 3 = $143.97, or you could buy a "3 pack" of them for $147.99. Now that's what I call Economy of Scale.

You can also buy 1 $100 and 1 $50 for $142.98.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter