Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to read through everything. Has anyone attempted to buy $300 worth of Target GC online today more than once using the same account?

Again, Orbitz is offering 15% cash back on Activities today (Monday) and you can order the Disneyworld Park Hopper tickets. As before, you can only buy tickets through the end of December and the fine print on the voucher says "In order to redeem your voucher, you must present a valid passport or government-issued photo ID that matches the contact name you used when booking. If you do not present a valid form of identification, you will not receive admission, and you will not be issued a refund." You must pick up the tickets at the Disneyworld will call window during the dates you choose during checkout.

As before, I will mention that people have said that they have added the ticket number to their Disneyworld account and not actually picked up the ticket. I would caution against that as a risky strategy, especially if you don't plan on using the tickets for a while down the road, as you are in violation of the rules on the voucher and they have every right to invalidate the ticket.

Also, for those wondering what is going on with Orbitz and Disneyworld and why there are no tickets or rooms available after December, it seems like Orbitz is renegotiating their contract with Disney and Disney has balked at the steep discounts that Orbitz was getting on rooms and tickets. From a business perspective, I agree with Disney - there are very few people whose decision to go to Disney is based on whether they can get cheaper rates at Orbitz.

I had to share my story...

I bought three $300 Target gift cards yesterday. I did two online through mine and my DFs accounts. I stopped on the way home to do the third through self checkout.

I get up to a register and I grabbed one of those little flimsy Target cards they use for the $5 gift card deals and I scanned it. I'm typing in $300 when an employee comes over.

He's like, oh just going straight for the gold? Yup. He tells me, we have these other cards too and points towards the patterned occasion cards. I told him, it's OK because I'll be the one using this. He asked when am I going to be using it? And I just said down the road. He asked what for, and I told him generic shopping... The whole time I'm thinking, just go away because I'm planning on paying with a gift card and I don't want him to see and get weird about it.

He then told me that the card I picked up can only be used at Target, and they have these Visa cards (there was a rack right there) that could be used anywhere... Maybe I want to consider one of those. Then he gestured to the patterned occasion Target gift cards and tells me he thinks those can be used everywhere too.

Finally he's like ok, well the discount should come off... And he hits the finish and pay button, and it rings up $270. He walks off and I finish and get out of there.

I can't help but think if there will be angry customers from that site because they either didn't get a discount on a Target Visa gift card, or their Happy Birthday Target gift card can't be used at Walmart...

I had to share my story...

I bought three $300 Target gift cards yesterday. I did two online through mine and my DFs accounts. I stopped on the way home to do the third through self checkout.

I get up to a register and I grabbed one of those little flimsy Target cards they use for the $5 gift card deals and I scanned it. I'm typing in $300 when an employee comes over.

He's like, oh just going straight for the gold? Yup. He tells me, we have these other cards too and points towards the patterned occasion cards. I told him, it's OK because I'll be the one using this. He asked when am I going to be using it? And I just said down the road. He asked what for, and I told him generic shopping... The whole time I'm thinking, just go away because I'm planning on paying with a gift card and I don't want him to see and get weird about it.

He then told me that the card I picked up can only be used at Target, and they have these Visa cards (there was a rack right there) that could be used anywhere... Maybe I want to consider one of those. Then he gestured to the patterned occasion Target gift cards and tells me he thinks those can be used everywhere too.

Finally he's like ok, well the discount should come off... And he hits the finish and pay button, and it rings up $270. He walks off and I finish and get out of there.

I can't help but think if there will be angry customers from that site because they either didn't get a discount on a Target Visa gift card, or their Happy Birthday Target gift card can't be used at Walmart...
That's exactly why I don't ask questions at Target!!! (I realize you didn't ask him anything.)

Yes, $5.95. I get 424 fuel points when I buy them. Glad Kroger is letting you use unlimited fuel points. I'm already sitting on 6,000.

That's only true for some portions of the country, right? I think it's still $1 at a time here in Ohio.

There's a new $10 off digital coupon on $100 visa/MasterCard on the Kroger app today.

Awesome! I planned on stopping today to use all those free item coupons they keep releasing and to try my hand again at the AMEX w/o activation fees coupon... Maybe I'll skip it and just do this instead.

Thanks for this! This should also earn 400 fuel points today, right? Is the activation fee $5ish?

Yes, should give 400 fuel points and I think activation is 5.95? Not positive though.

Yes, $5.95. I get 424 fuel points when I buy them. Glad Kroger is letting you use unlimited fuel points. I'm already sitting on 6,000.

I earn 424 fuel points also. I'm in Colorado.

That's only true for some portions of the country, right? I think it's still $1 at a time here in Ohio.

I believe it's still $1 in Colorado too... I haven't heard otherwise. I'll double check when I'm there today - I need gas lol

Again, Orbitz is offering 15% cash back on Activities today (Monday) and you can order the Disneyworld Park Hopper tickets.
How do you find a 15% cashback at orbitz? I don't see any promo or option on their site...

@Moramoon and @MichelleB,

Thanks for the replies. I still need more Disney GC so will still take advantage of the deal before it goes away. We buy a lot of groceries and other items too so the rewards will definitely be used. Thanks again!

Do you have Kroger by you? You can buy the

We're in Cincinnati and the pump will only let you use up to $1. The cashier in the store the other day told me to make sure to choose option 2 to use all my fuel points but when I hit the option 2, it still only lets you choose up to $1 so not sure why she said that.

Again, Orbitz is offering 15% cash back on Activities today (Monday) and you can order the Disneyworld Park Hopper tickets. As before, you can only buy tickets through the end of December and the fine print on the voucher says "In order to redeem your voucher, you must present a valid passport or government-issued photo ID that matches the contact name you used when booking. If you do not present a valid form of identification, you will not receive admission, and you will not be issued a refund." You must pick up the tickets at the Disneyworld will call window during the dates you choose during checkout.

As before, I will mention that people have said that they have added the ticket number to their Disneyworld account and not actually picked up the ticket. I would caution against that as a risky strategy, especially if you don't plan on using the tickets for a while down the road, as you are in violation of the rules on the voucher and they have every right to invalidate the ticket.

Also, for those wondering what is going on with Orbitz and Disneyworld and why there are no tickets or rooms available after December, it seems like Orbitz is renegotiating their contract with Disney and Disney has balked at the steep discounts that Orbitz was getting on rooms and tickets. From a business perspective, I agree with Disney - there are very few people whose decision to go to Disney is based on whether they can get cheaper rates at Orbitz.
Is Disneyland included?.... and do the dates really matter? I need May.

Last edited:
Quick data point: just went over to Target (downtown Mpls, store by HQ) and bought $300 Disney Gift Cards with my $300 physical Target Gift Card from yesterday. Used regular cashier and no issues at all (except an impressed team member who didn't know you could get Disney cards at Target and was going to tell his family). For what it's worth, I bought the Target gift card yesterday with other Target gift cards I'd gotten from the Staples/AmEx offer, Shopkick, and the w/purchase freebies. So, this is really $300 in Disney gift cards for only the $160 I paid for two Target cards from Staples. :thumbsup2

We leave for WDW in two days and have some extra spending money now! Thanks for all the tips here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter