Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is not what I'm reading but I guess it could be interpreted two different ways. :p

Personally I went with the Best Buy deal for a future trip. A 10% savings is a great deal and from my experience I have never received cash back from any site including Discover on gift card purchases. Not saying it has never ever happened but it has not with me. I am a member of Ebates and Shopathome.:flower3:
Do you mean you've never gotten discover to credit gift card purchases via the shopping portal or with the quarterly bonus in certain store categories?

Do you mean you've never gotten discover to credit gift card purchases via the shopping portal or with the quarterly bonus in certain store categories?

BOTH! I have never received cash back from Discover when purchasing GIFT CARDS through quarterly bonus nor have I received it via shopping portal. I cannot imagine they have changed their position on this, they may have but I didn't personally email them regarding it like I did during BB last Gift Card offer. Not going to get burned again.

EDIT: The last time I tried was during Dad's and Grad's promotion - same deal.

Last edited:
BOTH! I have never received cash back from Discover when purchasing GIFT CARDS through quarterly bonus nor have I received it via shopping portal. I cannot imagine they have changed their position on this, they may have but I didn't personally email them regarding it like I did during BB last Gift Card offer. Not going to get burned again.

EDIT: The last time I tried was during Dad's and Grad's promotion - same deal.
Have you only bought online or in person? I got the 5% at sams club back in April in gift card purchase it was in store though not online

Now I'm worried I just spent $1600 at bjs (the online) with discover expecting the 5%. I read the terms I didn't see gift card exclusions
Edit: forgot I bought $100 go at bjs in may just checked and I earned the 5% discover quarterly bonus.. phew!!

Last edited:
Have you only bought online or in person? I got the 5% at sams club back in April in gift card purchase it was in store though not online

Online only. My husband did purchase tires at Costco online and used Discover we got cash back on that purchase but not on my Best Buy Dad's and Grads offer. I was very disappointed.

Now I'm worried I just spent $1600 at bjs (the online) with discover expecting the 5%. I read the terms I didn't see gift card exclusions
Edit: forgot I bought $100 go at bjs in may just checked and I earned the 5% discover quarterly bonus.. phew!!

Hmmm, I'm wondering if you post a screen shot and I forward it to Discover they'll honor the 5% if I make a new purchase at BJ's. This is for the regular Discover card and not the DiscoverIT correct?

Hmmm, I'm wondering if you post a screen shot and I forward it to Discover they'll honor the 5% if I make a new purchase at BJ's. This is for the regular Discover card and not the DiscoverIT correct?
Pretty sure I have a regular discover ..

BJ's Warehouse: Buy 1 – 3pk of $50 Disney Gift Card at $140.49 Save $9.51
Use Discover (Quarterly 5% Warehouse - must sign up) to save $7.02 = $16.53 = 11%

Best Buy Online: Buy $150 Best Buy Gift Card Get $15 = 10% - I just purchased 2

So it's about a $3 difference. Not a big deal but when trying to save every bit counts!

I had to activate the offer on my discover card.

Use Discover (Quarterly 5% Warehouse - must sign up) to save $7.02 = $16.53 = 11%

So it's about a $3 difference. Not a big deal but when trying to save every bit counts!
Bjs avoids being possibly denied at Best Buy while buying gc with gc. But I'll still likely buy at bb once I've passed my $1500 quarterly spend on my 2 discovers

I went for 2 packs at Bj's with the sale..... and ebates- so any savings is good! ebates is the only CB portal that worked consistently for me, I have no patience for trying the others at this point.... thanks for the heads up on the sale!

This is just a break down of the current offers out there along with the percent savings.

Bjs avoids being possibly denied at Best Buy while buying gc with gc. But I'll still likely buy at bb once I've passed my $1500 quarterly spend on my 2 discovers

At this point I'm maxed out from my personal budget since I did purchased 2 at Best Buy. I'll have to wait until next month before I can buy anymore Gift Cards and that's if there's a deal to be had. I'm trying to save for a future trip for 2020 and 2021. I'd like to buy an AP and they now accept Disney Gift Cards as a form of payment.

We have a Disney Store (not close by) but they sell AP in voucher form. Is it true I can buy an AP now and not activate it until 2020? I thought I read you could and be locked in for that price.

EDIT: WDW AP and I believe they are paper vouchers not plastic.

Last edited:
We have a Disney Store (not close by) but they sell AP in voucher form. Is it true I can buy an AP now and not activate it until 2020? I thought I read you could and be locked in for that price.

The Disney Stores here in California sell AP vouchers (like plastic gift cards) that have in fine print a redemption date of 12/31/2018. Not sure if you're referring to WDW APs and what their expiration dates are, but perhaps call your nearest Disney Store to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter