Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
So...advice.... Which is the better deal right now..... buy$100,get $15 back at S&S, Walmart/Chasepay 10x (I can use that again too) or the BB buy $100 get $15 offer? I'm trying to calculate..... it seems like the chase pay and S&S might work best for me at approx. 20 and 21% back(?) I already used the Chase pay a a bit, but I have enough cards I can do it again too....

Was your order through the Chase portal for only gift cards? I went through the Chase portal when shopping the Walmart .com 10x UR deal, bought discounted Uber eGCs, got the 10x on my card, but didn't get the 2x from the portal. It's been two weeks so I'm not hopeful. The portal terms do exclude gift cards, so I'm not surprised.
Mine included some other things,and I got the extra 2x on all of it....

One of my go-to locations suddenly had a "cash only" sign for gift card purchases. Store employees informed me this is a corporate rule and has been the policy for quite some time (completely untrue as I've been using them all year). I went to a different location and was able to convert to Disney with no issue........"corporate rule" my butt!!

I guess the upside is you still have Kmarts in your area and they didn't accuse you of money laundering?

FYI - Target is giving out $5 gift cards again this year for getting a flu shot. Many/most insurance covers the shots 100%. Free money!
I just saw this in the Target ad this week, but it says it's a $5 coupon this year :-(

I just saw this in the Target ad this week, but it says it's a $5 coupon this year :-(

Mine was a $5 gift card (although it was printed on paper and looked like a coupon). We bought "stuff" with it - not 3rd party gift cards, so I didn't think to read terms on it to check for exclusions. I assumed it would work like any other gift card, but I could be wrong.

I guess the upside is you still have Kmarts in your area and they didn't accuse you of money laundering?

LOL, no ML accusations, but the store manager was unable to tell me why the cash only policy was in place; just that you can't purchase a gc with a gc. We are actually down from 3 Kmarts to only 1 now in my area, so I did have to drive 30 minutes to use an alternate location. Were there any data points I missed that some Kmarts were clamping down on their gift card purchases? I don't recall seeing any, but with so many doors slowly closing, I could have just forgotten about them.

THINkingvif trying Best Buy today...
So I just go in get my bc and checkout with the gift cards?

Stop & shop is having their spend $100 on certain gift cards and receive $15 off your next shopping trip again this week. (Best Buy is included) 15% off is pretty good these days (21% if you have the blue cash preffered) I did 5 separate transactions today and everything went perfectly. I was a little concerned the card would get declined by the 5th transaction for a fraud alert but it didn't.
What is the expiration date on the $15 off coupon?

So I contacted Shopkicks about my purchase on Friday wasn't showing up. They reponded saying that there was a problem and Best Buy and Shopkicks are trying to fix the reporting link.

So hopefully everyone will see it updated in the next few days

This happened last time they had a 4x point event in like May. It took them about a week to credit the points to my account.

The Walmart 10x using chase pay turns out pretty good when combined with Sam's club purchases. Not quite as good as the Amex offer of $250 on a $1250 Sam's Club purchase last year, but still worth the effort if anyone is on the fence. The catch is that it depends on how you value chase points. If you redeem them routinely for 1 cent per point, then it's not so good. I value them around 1.7 cents.

So, I was eligible on 3 cards. Using each offer for a $250 walmart gift card, that's $750 in gift cards. Using $715 of the Walmart gift cards on the 3-packs of disney cards at Sam's nets $750 in disney gift cards, plus a $35 walmart gift card left over. Effectively, it's $715 for $750 in disney gift cards, plus 10x on the $715 in spend is 7150 points. I value 7150 points at around $121.55. So, $750 in gift cards for about $573.45, taking into account the points. That's almost 20 percent off, which is what I aim for. That's a little misleading, because the $35 in savings is not in cash, but in a left over walmart gift card, but that's almost as good as cash to me, so close enough.

How does this work? Dr of Credit says gift card purchases don't work for this promo, how are you converting the offer to Sams club/Disney Cards?

We are looking at the possibility of back to back cruises: Royal Caribbean then Disney. I've always been focused on Disney gift cards and not paid attention to other cruise lines. Do gift cards even exist for RC? And if so, any bargains to be had?

Thanks Traveling. Going to to to S&S later and pick a few up. When can you use the $15 dollar off? Is there a time you have to wait or just your next trip? Do they have the "activate for any amount" cards for BB or just set amounts.
Sorry for the delay, I was away for the weekend. I was able to use it immediately. It prints with a barcode on the bottom of your receipt.

I used mine right after I bout the gift cards so I'm not sure. I am going back tomorrow to buy some kohls cards for Christmas shopping and I will report back on the experation date.
On a side note. S&S is having some great instant savings deals on Not perishable foods that you can stock up on if you don't need groceries. I stocked up on prego sauce ($0.99 a jar) welchers fruit snacks & mac n cheese.

So I contacted Shopkicks about my purchase on Friday wasn't showing up. They reponded saying that there was a problem and Best Buy and Shopkicks are trying to fix the reporting link.

So hopefully everyone will see it updated in the next few days

I just received my shopkicks from my Best Buy purchase on Friday. Hopefully you will get yours soon too!

August 31 expiration date. They really don't look like a coupon at least at my store. I was afraid they would tell me it wasn't real. Just says "Redeem this coupon for a $15 basket discount on your next visit. Expires 8/31/2017. Limit 1." and then a bar code under it. Doesn't even say stop and shop anywhere. Oh and the limit one is just per check out. I've already used a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter