Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made two purchases on 3/23 and this was my first purchase since signing up. I thought I would at least see something pending but nope! I purchased Starbuck gift cards for the Halloween party giveaway I'm having on my Halloween thread.

It is taking a couple of business days to even see anything pending. I bought on 3/21 and the pending shopping credit showed up 3/23 then the bonus was posted today.

I bought again on 3/23 and i am not expecting to see the pending shopping credit until tomorrow or wednesday and the bonus on thursday or friday.

Not Disney gift card related, but a good deal and I can't resist posting . . . Using Visa checkout, you can get a $50 statement credit when purchasing $250 at Costco.com (see Costco's home page). I bought a Costco cash card, which I'll use on groceries. I don't recall if Costco sells Disney cards???

Really love this offer but can't decide Costco or my new dress form I've always wanted!!!
upload_2018-3-26_17-5-6.png

EDIT: This company is offering only $10 off big whoop :sad2:

Last edited:
It is taking a couple of business days to even see anything pending. I bought on 3/21 and the pending shopping credit showed up 3/23 then the bonus was posted today.

I bought again on 3/23 and i am not expecting to see the pending shopping credit until tomorrow or wednesday and the bonus on thursday or friday.

I should also note I used the $10 promotional card on both purchases, does this change things?

Oh my gosh. I really hope they make it for you!

You don't have to answer this but would you mind sharing why you were holding that much in Target GCs without having converted any of it over? (I ask because we all learn lessons from each other here, from both our successes and mistakes, so I'm wondering a little about the journey that ended with you having so much in Target gc's at once.)
It kind of just happened. I found a few good deals for Target GC on GiftCardGranny and did it. The closest Target is 45 minutes away from me so after seeing great deals in a few weeks, it just piled up. I was planning on using the Red Card to get the 5% off, but the cards that I found were 8%... hopefully I don't suffer because of it.

I'm kind of screwed. I have $6500 in Target GCs that I need to change over to Disney before 4/5. Thats 1 1/2 weeks. I really need them to get this fixed soon.

Oh man, that stinks! I really hope this is all worked out before then!

It reminds me of when the ebay/target churning was hot and then ended abruptly. I got stuck with a few hundred dollars in ebay gcs but others had much more. And that deal was so hot that I was mostly playing with free money at that point but it still sucked. This does appear to be a temporary glitch, so hopefully it will work out fine for you.

Could selling them possible work for you? Ugh, trying to think of work arounds for you but not sure there are any good ones.

Also a good reminder to me to always convert as quickly as possible. I have habit of sitting on Target/WM until I have a large amount to convert.

I should also note I used the $10 promotional card on both purchases, does this change things?

If it's a BB reward promo, then yes, it needs to be $50 after those. So, for example, I had 2 x $10 promos and so I used $70 worth of BB gift cards for that transaction.

Oh, and don't fret if it hasn't credited. I had two that I did a few weeks ago and one credited almost right away and one (the earlier one) took several days more.

It kind of just happened. I found a few good deals for Target GC on GiftCardGranny and did it. The closest Target is 45 minutes away from me so after seeing great deals in a few weeks, it just piled up. I was planning on using the Red Card to get the 5% off, but the cards that I found were 8%... hopefully I don't suffer because of it.
OH, you got to be so careful with these, keep very close track of those cards. When buying cards from resale shop it is always best to convert them as quick as possible. Good luck and hopefully the Target glitch is fixed prior to your Vac Date.

When did you buy them? It is taking 3-4 business weekdays to credit the 500 sb per $50 spent.
Have done this BB QR deal thing a couple times now. The first time I bought disney gc at BB on a Saturday, we each did 6 $50 gc's, (manager okayed it), and didn't get any email or SBs pending, tho I saw them in shop activity. Had given up getting anything, but the following Thur all the 500
SB showed up! Loved that! And the next weekend we did another 8 over two days at a different store, using the last of the cashstar BB gc's and the promo savings codes. Again, no emails but got the 500SB from Sat in that Monday and the other couple on the Tuesday. Seems different every time!

Last edited:
If it's a BB reward promo, then yes, it needs to be $50 after those. So, for example, I had 2 x $10 promos and so I used $70 worth of BB gift cards for that transaction.

UGH! Thanks, wish I had known this ^ prior to purchasing. o_O At least now I know not to bother looking for SB points, as none I did that night will be worth very much if anything. Grrrr!

I'm kind of screwed. I have $6500 in Target GCs that I need to change over to Disney before 4/5. Thats 1 1/2 weeks. I really need them to get this fixed soon.

Wow - I hope it all works out for you! Luckily they are Target gift cards so worst case scenario you could attempt to liquidate on a GC resale site yourself. Obviously you got them at 8% off and probably earned some CC rewards on top of it. So worst case scenario you may lose a few percent... (I obviously don't want it to come to that for you!)

Ok, so my 3 $50 BB purchases are showing up pending in my shop activity, so hopefully the 500 bonus points each will hit soon! If it works, I may have to go invest some more before the QR codes are gone!

UGH! Thanks, wish I had known this ^ prior to purchasing. o_O At least now I know not to bother looking for SB points, as none I did that night will be worth very much if anything. Grrrr!

At least you should still get your 2sb/$1 even without the bonus, I count that better than shopkick. I think the only similar option for Best Buy was iBotta did 2% back some times. Not sure if that's still an option as I don't do iBotta... I had to draw the line somewhere, it's almost a part time job keeping up with all the programs :)

But check your receipt, it's the amount paid that SB will be looking at. If it was a BB rewards certificate it'll come off as a coupon and your amount paid was $40 something, then no bonus. But if it was a promo or savings code that was applied as a GC, and your amount paid was over the $50, then you would still be good.

It reminds me of when the ebay/target churning was hot and then ended abruptly. I got stuck with a few hundred dollars in ebay gcs but others had much more. And that deal was so hot that I was mostly playing with free money at that point but it still sucked.

I got "stuck" with $300 in eBucks....so I bought an Apple watch from the Best Buy store on eBay:crazy:. It's funny when people ask me about my watch and I tell them I got it for FREE:rotfl2:. I love it, but I never in a million years would have paid $300 for a watch. It just happened that when the churn went dead and I was stuck with $300 in eBay funds that I suddenly had to burn, I figured I would blow them on something I would never otherwise purchase.

I am now torn between redeeming my SB for Target or BB. I have never had a problem at either store and both are conveniently located for me. My trip is not until October so I have time. Right now, I have enough SB in my account to redeem 2200 each month until I leave for a $25 gift card. My plan was to redeem for Target. If I could no longer convert GC->GC, at least I can use Target GC for household purchases. On the other hand, I can use the QR codes (for NOW) at Best Buy and earn additional SB off of my already-free purchases (churning). The only risk is that I would be dealing with $50 amounts and I would have to wait 2 months (only one $25 gift card per month) and by then, the QR offer might no longer be active. On top of that, if GC->GC were to suddenly be discontinued, I do not want to be stuck with $50 in BB gift cards since I have no real use for them. The advantage to BB is that I could potentially earn another $30 if the current offers stay in place. That's $30 I can earn off of free money. It probably wouldn't be available for this year's trip, but I have another one on the books for October 2019 and I need about $1500-$1800 in gift cards for that trip too so every little bit will help. So do I gamble and redeem for BB on April 1, or do I play it safe and stick with Target???

I got "stuck" with $300 in eBucks....so I bought an Apple watch from the Best Buy store on eBay:crazy:. It's funny when people ask me about my watch and I tell them I got it for FREE:rotfl2:. I love it, but I never in a million years would have paid $300 for a watch. It just happened that when the churn went dead and I was stuck with $300 in eBay funds that I suddenly had to burn, I figured I would blow them on something I would never otherwise purchase.

I am now torn between redeeming my SB for Target or BB. I have never had a problem at either store and both are conveniently located for me. My trip is not until October so I have time. Right now, I have enough SB in my account to redeem 2200 each month until I leave for a $25 gift card. My plan was to redeem for Target. If I could no longer convert GC->GC, at least I can use Target GC for household purchases. On the other hand, I can use the QR codes (for NOW) at Best Buy and earn additional SB off of my already-free purchases (churning). The only risk is that I would be dealing with $50 amounts and I would have to wait 2 months (only one $25 gift card per month) and by then, the QR offer might no longer be active. On top of that, if GC->GC were to suddenly be discontinued, I do not want to be stuck with $50 in BB gift cards since I have no real use for them. The advantage to BB is that I could potentially earn another $30 if the current offers stay in place. That's $30 I can earn off of free money. It probably wouldn't be available for this year's trip, but I have another one on the books for October 2019 and I need about $1500-$1800 in gift cards for that trip too so every little bit will help. So do I gamble and redeem for BB on April 1, or do I play it safe and stick with Target???

I've switched redeeming from Target to BB. I figure until the QR deal is dead, I'm going that route. I'll just switch back if I have to, but I can't pass up the extra savings!

Have done this BB QR deal thing a couple times now. The first time I bought disney gc at BB on a Saturday, we each did 6 $50 gc's, (manager okayed it), and didn't get any email or SBs pending, tho I saw them in shop activity. Had given up getting anything, but the following Thur all the 500
SB showed up! Loved that! And the next weekend we did another 8 over two days at a different store, using the last of the cashstar BB gc's and the promo savings codes. Again, no emails but got the 500SB from Sat in that Monday and the other couple on the Tuesday. Seems different every time!
It’s consistently inconsistent!

I had to draw the line somewhere, it's almost a part time job keeping up with all the programs :)

I have to agree, when DS was younger and money was so tight these programs were and are a godsend, but now they've become a part time job! I stopped doing several of them years ago and getting back into them due to the ever increasing vacation price tags they've become a must.

Anyone know by chance? I may have found a great way to churn but don't want to share unless this part works. I don't want anyone to jump the gun and be stuckm
a gift card technically it’s not real money, it’s a promise that Visa will cover whatever expenses you rack up on the card so there are not really legal way to turn it into cash instead of a purchase. You can google possible ways but all of them come with great risks and are not worth the possible savings. If you have a Visa prepaid card then yes, you an turn it into cash as technically it is already cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter