Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just joined BJs to get the 8% and chase 5%, ordered 3 separate orders with 10 $50 each order and it still shows processing and charges still pending. Hopefully it’ll go through, I joined BJs just for this as there is not one near me.

Office Depot $20 off $150 Happy cards for Cyber Week, starts tomorrow. https://www.doctorofcredit.com/offi...n-you-buy-150-or-more-11-25-18-until-12-1-18/
Wow! That's a 13.3% savings......if you could get the Happy Guy (I'm assuming it's 3-$50 GCs, or maybe a 3 pack?).......then convert to DGC at Home Depot. I work all day tomorrow (sunday) and we leave at 5am on Monday. I just may have to pray for a decent deal like this when I return home on the 4th. I'll have DVC dues and a trip for next May (and Sept and Dec) to pay for!

I'm almost addicted to getting great deals on gift cards.....am I alone here?

Wow! That's a 13.3% savings......if you could get the Happy Guy (I'm assuming it's 3-$50 GCs, or maybe a 3 pack?).......then convert to DGC at Home Depot. I work all day tomorrow (sunday) and we leave at 5am on Monday. I just may have to pray for a decent deal like this when I return home on the 4th. I'll have DVC dues and a trip for next May (and Sept and Dec) to pay for!

Unfortunately no, I'm in the same club. I haven't tried the Happy Guy card for DGC at HD yet but I will tomorrow.

How do Happy Guy gift cards transfer to Disney gift cards? I’ve never heard of them before.

I haven't done it yet, but the Happy Guy can be used at Home Depot, and they sell Disney GCs there.
Yes. You take the Happy Guy card and purchase Disney gift card using the Happy Guy as your form of payment. This works best if you can use the self serve kiosk at Home Depot. You will slide the Happy Guy card just like you would do a credit card (and I believe you indicate your method of payment is credit if I'm not mistaken). I did this for several cards the last time the Happy cards were on sale.

Yes. You take the Happy Guy card and purchase Disney gift card using the Happy Guy as your form of payment. This works best if you can use the self serve kiosk at Home Depot. You will slide the Happy Guy card just like you would do a credit card (and I believe you indicate your method of payment is credit if I'm not mistaken). I did this for several cards the last time the Happy cards were on sale.
Thank you for clarifying the best method to get through HD checkout.

Now... what if you stack the $20 off $150 with a cc that gets 5% back at office supply stores? Say a CIC- and then transfer the points to a CSR? 5%=7.5%. Now you’re saving over 20%- and you thought a 13% savings was addicting? ;)

Our OD sold variable load Happy Guy cards, up to $200 I think.

I ordered 14 $25 Uber GC from Bj's on Nov. 20th, and they are still processing. Now, this is not the first large order of GC I've done at Bj's, and all my orders have been over 3. I'm wondering if it's taking longer because of the sale, and there is a massive amount of shoppers, or if I'm going to get an email like some of you cancelling my order. I'm no stranger to Bj's taking a bit to process sometimes, and all my orders have always gone through (I've ordered 15 and 20 $100 GC at a time before). Can't imagine why all of a sudden they are cracking down on the limit, but I will be rather unhappy if they end up cancelling my order now, after it's been processing for days - and making me reorder. I need those for a trip, so I hope they don't push it too much longer! I'll keep you all posted.

I ordered 14 $25 Uber GC from Bj's on Nov. 20th, and they are still processing. Now, this is not the first large order of GC I've done at Bj's, and all my orders have been over 3. I'm wondering if it's taking longer because of the sale, and there is a massive amount of shoppers, or if I'm going to get an email like some of you cancelling my order. I'm no stranger to Bj's taking a bit to process sometimes, and all my orders have always gone through (I've ordered 15 and 20 $100 GC at a time before). Can't imagine why all of a sudden they are cracking down on the limit, but I will be rather unhappy if they end up cancelling my order now, after it's been processing for days - and making me reorder. I need those for a trip, so I hope they don't push it too much longer! I'll keep you all posted.
To be optimistic with the holidays that’s actually only been 2 “business days”. One of which was the day before Thanksgiving & the other Black Fri- can’t imagine the people still around to work were at 100% you know?

Now... what if you stack the $20 off $150 with a cc that gets 5% back at office supply stores? Say a CIC- and then transfer the points to a CSR? 5%=7.5%. Now you’re saving over 20%- and you thought a 13% savings was addicting? ;)

Our OD sold variable load Happy Guy cards, up to $200 I think.

Office Depot/Max is on Ebates in store cash back. Wonder if it will work on gc purchases?

Also I believe there is a Chase offer for Office Depot. I don't have it, but worth checking.

I scanned a Swagbucks QR code at BB yesterday on a $100 gc purchase. Its been so long since I've done this . . . how long will it take to see the bonus on my Swagbucks account? Right now I see nothing. Was it 3-4 days for the bonus and then 30 days for the regular cash back???

FYI for HD self-checkout: comment on DoC said they required cashier approval last go around at self-checkout when purchasing $50. https://www.doctorofcredit.com/offi...r-more-11-25-18-until-12-1-18/#comment-678079 They got approval but that could turn YMMV very fast. I’ll use this as a reminder- DON’T BUY MORE THAN YOU CAN SPEND ON SOMETHING BESIDES GIFT CARDS. It’ll be a pain in the rear but eventually I’d spend the money organically at HD so I’m all in.

My store (and I think most of yours) didn’t do this so maybe this approval is being phased out with system upgrades? We have a brand new system of scan guns, huge screens & no scales at my store.

FYI for HD self-checkout: comment on DoC said they required cashier approval last go around at self-checkout when purchasing $50. https://www.doctorofcredit.com/offi...r-more-11-25-18-until-12-1-18/#comment-678079 They got approval but that could turn YMMV very fast. I’ll use this as a reminder- DON’T BUY MORE THAN YOU CAN SPEND ON SOMETHING BESIDES GIFT CARDS. It’ll be a pain in the rear but eventually I’d spend the money organically at HD so I’m all in.

My store (and I think most of yours) didn’t do this so maybe this approval is being phased out with system upgrades? We have a brand new system of scan guns, huge screens & no scales at my store.

If you keep each purchase with HD GCs to Disney GCs under $200.00 you should be okay. When I purchased $200.00 it flagged for staff assistance at self-checkout. When I kept my purchases under $200.00 they each went through. So I just did multiple transactions. HTH.

I scanned a Swagbucks QR code at BB yesterday on a $100 gc purchase. Its been so long since I've done this . . . how long will it take to see the bonus on my Swagbucks account? Right now I see nothing. Was it 3-4 days for the bonus and then 30 days for the regular cash back???
You will probably see it Monday. That’s typical for a Thursday-Saturday purchase. Generally the shop and earn email comes around 4am ET and the bonus posts that day.

I tested this this morning at self-checkout and got the flag for the representative to check the signature on the card. They let it through but it’s definitely ymmv.

Edit: Also my purchase was only $150

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter