Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching around for another way to still do the eBay 4x bucks promotion even though Target GC's are sold out, and I see that Staples sells Target GC's on their website. Does anyone know if you can use a Staples GC to pay for other GC's on their website?

ETA: Nevermind, I answered my own question. They can't. :(

Terms and Conditions: Valid only if purchased from a Staples U.S. retail store, at staples.com or if purchased or received from an authorized reseller or distributor; Staples reserves the right to not honor cards obtained from unauthorized sellers, including persons selling on auction Web sites, and to deactivate or reject cards issued or procured in connection with fraudulent transactions. Card has no value until activated. Lost, stolen or damaged cards replaced only with valid proof of purchase to extent of remaining card balance. Cannot be used for credit card payments or to purchase other gift cards (including Staples gift cards) or wireless cards. Not redeemable for cash or credit except where required by law. No more than five cards may be used for any single purchase. Cards may not be returned or consolidated. Card issued by Staples Value, LLC, a Virginia limited liability company.

Searching around for another way to still do the eBay 4x bucks promotion even though Target GC's are sold out, and I see that Staples sells Target GC's on their website. Does anyone know if you can use a Staples GC to pay for other GC's on their website?
No that doesn't work.

only place atm that works is Best Buy, that accepts gift cards using gift cards, but they only sell ebay and disney gift cards.

only place atm that works is Best Buy, that accepts gift cards using gift cards, but they only sell ebay and disney gift cards.
I've also used a GameStop GC to purchase other GCs in store. The GC did not cover the full amount of my purchase though, so I don't know if that makes a difference.

I guess I will swing by my local GameStop & Best Buy stores to see what GC's they have in stock and then decide what to do if Target GC's don't come back in stock. This is my first time trying to churn through eBay and I'm not sure it's worth the hassle. I may stick to just turning my Target GC's directly into Disney GC's after this.

Didn't get an offer but got the two $100 cards I needed. With the free $5 I earned last week through ebay, that and the ebucks, (even at only 2%) will pay for the shipping each and every time I cycle them.

I did the math and if I cycle them at least 5-6 times I can get a free $50 Disney gift card in the end. And hoping I will get eBays attention with an extra ebucks offer. But hoping that I don't get Targets attention at the same time!! Worrisome. I went ahead and had them mailed to my mothers home address just to be on the safe side.

Got two $150s! I need to make a spreadsheet to keep track of how much I'm earning doing this. So far I've spent $240 out of pocket (for my original $300 Target GC) and have $309.84 in Target GC's and $1.02 left in eBay GC. Plus $24 in eBay bucks coming, $3.88 in ebates, and potentially another $2.02 from ebates and $3.75 from TCB if my most recent orders credit.

I also have almost enough mPoints for another $10 Target GC, and almost enough MyPoints for a $50.

They told me the same "your free to shop in the store but not online" at least the target cards I have are 11%off so better than red card . I'll buy in store

Was it disney cards that you tried to buy when you were banned or ebay cards?

I live about two miles from target and we shop there a LOT. I like to use the buy online, pick up in store option as much as I can, for two reasons. First, I can sometimes get EBates, depending on what I buy; and second, it cuts down on the impulse purchases since I can go in and go straight to the desk to pick up my purchase.

I depleted my vacation savings account and DVC dues savings account around Christmas time when they had the specials going. That was really the only time I have made gift card purchases of more than $100 at a time. Now, I only buy Disney gift cards once I have $100 saved up, which is about once a month. I also have a subscription order from Target (30# of dog food delivered every 4 weeks) so I really hope I don't get flagged. We spend a lot on our RedCard in the store too.

Was it disney cards that you tried to buy when you were banned or ebay cards?

I'd sure like to know that as well. So far I haven't purchased any Disney GC, just churning ebay and Target. I was able to use the $450 I already had in ebay gift cards to take advantage of the 4X ebay bucks, but am hesitant to use the $450 I have in Target gift cards to buy ebay gift cards online to try to do a second ebay order (assuming the cards activate in time and GCM doesn't sell out of $150 Target GC). I'm thinking of heading to Target on my lunch hour and buying ebay GC in-store. I wouldn't get the Red Card discount, but would avoid the possibility of getting banned.

That is smart 88keys! I should have thought of that. However, I *nervously* placed an order for eBay gift cards on target.com just a few minutes ago. I did not do the $200 denomination as that one gets cancelled a lot for me so maybe it draws more attention and I did not go through ebates. That measley few dollars just isn't worth it if that is what might be drawing attention.

I also hope I never get banned! Hopefully the fact that we buy a variety of items from Target both in store and online, and I don't buy large amounts of gift cards at one time, keeps us safe. Recently I've only bought a $300 Target GC when they had the 10% off promotion and have used that to buy a $200 eBay GC and a $100 eBay GC (but not in the same order). The last time I bought GC's from Target online was 4 or 5 $50 Disney GCs before our 2014 trip. My wife would probably divorce me if I got us banned from shopping on Target.com; we have separate Target.com accounts but share a RedCard and obviously have the same shipping address.

That is smart 88keys! I should have thought of that. However, I *nervously* placed an order for eBay gift cards on target.com just a few minutes ago. I did not do the $200 denomination as that one gets cancelled a lot for me so maybe it draws more attention and I did not go through ebates. That measley few dollars just isn't worth it if that is what might be drawing attention.

So don't do the $200 denomination then?

I just don't get it. Close the ebates loophole, close the redcard discount when paying with gift card loophole, don't allow gift card purchase with other gift cards (not that I want any of this), but banning people for life seems slightly extreme.

I've been tempted to order something for store pickup to see if I'm still in good standing but I don't really need anything right now.

Worst case I simplify my life and go back to buying my Disney gift cards at Kroger for a 14% discount.

So don't do the $200 denomination then?

Well, I have no idea what is triggering these bannings. But I was getting a lot of orders cancelled when I was trying to order the $200 eBay. SO, for me, I am staying away from that one.

I just don't get it. Close the ebates loophole, close the redcard discount when paying with gift card loophole, don't allow gift card purchase with other gift cards (not that I want any of this), but banning people from life seems slightly extreme.

I agree with you. Close the stinking loopholes rather than banning people. And seems they have no proof...just willing to risk losing legit customers b/c they *think* you look like a reseller. That just isn't good business at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter