Disney Gift Cards in Ontario

Iralyn

Mouseketeer
Do you know of anywhere in Ontario that I might find choose your own amount Disney gift cards? Or $25 Disney gift cards? Our local Walmart only has $50 and $100. I want them for my friend's kids going on their once-in-a-childhood trip to Disney but I can't really afford to give them $50 each.

Thanks for any hints!

most superstores have the loadable ones, these I use when buying groceries and converting my points,,,the total being whatever the groceries are for.

I understand you can use these Canadian cards at Disney World and the funds will be converted from Canadian to US on the day of purchase. Does your receipt provide you with the balance of your gift card? Also, has anyone added these gift cards to their Android phone wallet? Is it more convenient. Thanks in advance.

I understand you can use these Canadian cards at Disney World and the funds will be converted from Canadian to US on the day of purchase. Does your receipt provide you with the balance of your gift card? Also, has anyone added these gift cards to their Android phone wallet? Is it more convenient. Thanks in advance.
Yes they give you a balance on receipt,,,not sure about phone wallet...we just charge all to room and pay it off the night before we leave

Just a user tip.

I had difficulty using the gift cards to put on my room account. They kept declining for insufficient funds while also showing they had money on the card. CM even phoned gift card customer services to get help and got told that you couldn’t use a Canadian dollar gift card there. Since there is nothing you can buy from Disney denominated in Canadian dollars this is a load of you know what.
The work around is simple though. The CM will see the amount. Just get them to run an amount under what they are seeing. So if they see 42.44. Tell them to run 42.25

Just a user tip.

I had difficulty using the gift cards to put on my room account. They kept declining for insufficient funds while also showing they had money on the card. CM even phoned gift card customer services to get help and got told that you couldn’t use a Canadian dollar gift card there. Since there is nothing you can buy from Disney denominated in Canadian dollars this is a load of you know what.
The work around is simple though. The CM will see the amount. Just get them to run an amount under what they are seeing. So if they see 42.44. Tell them to run 42.25
We had the trouble with one out of maybe 10 cards i think the last trip, all of the other ones worked. The CM on at the front desk knew it was a problem with certain cards, and apparently it doesn't matter if they're CDN or USD funds, just some don't work on the POS at resort front desk. He said it will work fine in the stores or restaurants and sure enough, 10 steps to the left we used it to buy something in the gift shop no problem. Sorry you ran into that problem, adding extra time to work out a problem like that is annoying

We had the trouble with one out of maybe 10 cards i think the last trip, all of the other ones worked. The CM on at the front desk knew it was a problem with certain cards, and apparently it doesn't matter if they're CDN or USD funds, just some don't work on the POS at resort front desk. He said it will work fine in the stores or restaurants and sure enough, 10 steps to the left we used it to buy something in the gift shop no problem. Sorry you ran into that problem, adding extra time to work out a problem like that is annoying

The annoying part was the uninformed person on the phone. Poor front desk CM having to deal with that stupidity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter