Disney gives gay couples 'Fairy Tale Weddings'

Thanks Viki and all of you!!! You guys have cleared up SOOO much for me!!! Can I ask another question...kinda unrelated (maybe you guys know a better place to post it...I'm new to DIS Discussions). 1. Did you guys have a childhood connection to Disney? If so, what was it? 2. Do you think of Disney as "just for kids?" If so, why pick a "juvenille" place to have your wedding, which is a sort of stepping into adulthood? Thanksss!!!

I wouldn't say it was an overtly strong connection in childhood. I certainly fell in love with Disney the first trip my family took there in 1996 (when i was 15). And of course I watched all the Disney classics when I was young (and in what should have been my first 'gay clue', sang the songs with my sister).

I think the parks have more to offer adults than children. I don't discount the wonder and magic you see in the eyes of kids down there. But as an adult you appreciate the effort that went into things, and the special touches, and are privy to a sense of nostalgia. Aspects - specifically the Magic Kingdom - are more geared towards kids than areas such as the World Showcase. But I think adults take more away from attractions such as the Great Movie Ride and Spaceship Earth. Things we can relate to more as we grow older. All part of the beauty to me - something for all ages. When I'm a senior citizen, I hope I can still go there and enjoy more sedate attractions, filled with reminders of way back in 2006 when that Lilo and Stitch movie came out.

But I do feel much more youthful and care free when I'm there. :rotfl:

skymedik - i totally understand u!
and ur little signature thing about walt disney world - sooo true :)

Wow :woohoo: someone gets me! That's freakin' awesome! :rotfl:

Where did you work as a CM? And what is TO?

Thanks Viki and all of you!!! You guys have cleared up SOOO much for me!!! Can I ask another question...kinda unrelated (maybe you guys know a better place to post it...I'm new to DIS Discussions). 1. Did you guys have a childhood connection to Disney? If so, what was it? 2. Do you think of Disney as "just for kids?" If so, why pick a "juvenille" place to have your wedding, which is a sort of stepping into adulthood? Thanksss!!!

1. I went to wdw for the first time during my honeymoon. So, no childhood connection.

2. If I were going to restrict disney to an age group I'd probably restrict it to adults--if you listed things aimed at adults in one column and things aimed at kids in another column, I'd be willing to bet that the column for adults would be longer. Overall, I'd say Walt got his wish and successfully created a place for people of all ages.

I am sure that for some people getting married is about stepping into adulthood, as you said. However, if you look at average marriage ages, I think most people step into adulthood longer before they get married.

We got married in our church. The location was important to us because we see marriage as a convenant between ourselves and God. Making that covenant without our church family's presence just wouldn't have made sense.

For someone who has a sense of marriage as stepping into a fairy tale, who's in love with wdw, who's had a great time on previous trips to wdw, or who just wants to have a magical day, I would imagine that a wdw wedding would be phenomenal. (There are likely many other drives to a Disney wedding; these were just the examples off the top of my head.)

Congratulations!!!! :cool1: This is a great move by Disney......very long awaited....but the RIGHT and EQUAL move to make!! I was so lucky to be able to have the wedding of my dreams in Disney World last August. We had a beautiful ceremony at the Wedding Pavilion, and had a gorgeous reception at Ariel's at the Beach Club. I can't say enough about how truly MAGICAL it was getting married in the happiest place on earth!! :bride: Regardless of whether we are gay or straight, we all love Disney for a special reason. It's the feeling we have when we look at that beautiful castle....it's the thrill of going down the final drop on Splash Mountain...it's the feeling that for just a few days or week that you are in Disney, everything is "right" with the world. Congratulations to all those wonderful, loving couples who will finially be able to share the joy and magic of a Disney wedding! :cheer2:

WOOHOO!! LOVING IT! Too bad I don't have a husband to get hitched too! lol

though who would wear the dress? HAHA

I always imagine my wedding at disney world, Myself in an ivroy suity my man in a black one :-) , in front of cinderellas castle, and not to mention I want a strings only version of "some day my prince will come", "so this is love" and "part of your world" played at our reception lol.

This makes me want to have another commitment ceremony! lol. Maybe our 10 year anniversary?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter