Disney Hidden Duffy Mickey Bear Collectors!!

Princess_Nikki

DIS Veteran
Hi Everyone! I'm Nikki and I'm quite a bit Disneyana collector too. One of my most recent favorites is the Disney Mickey Bear. I don't know tons about them, but from what I'm slowing gathering they are quite exclusive.

To my knowledge, they are only sold at select Disney stores, resorts, and parks. If you are a collector, please post about what you know, what bears you have, and pictures too if possible!

I thought I would start a thread just for the bears, since I did not find one in the search of the DIS board.

Nice to meet you all and I look forward to any posts! :lovestruc

Hi Nikki,

I have also collected a few Mickey Bear's since I was a kid. One of my favorite things is a Little Golden Book with the Mickey Bear. I saw a 2010 Valentine's Bear today. I think it was the Mickey Bear, but I didn't pick it up to read the tag. I took a picture of it and will probably buy it soon. Do you think this is a Mickey Bear? He has hearts on his paws, but I didn't notice if the feet have the Mickey head on them. I'll have to check it out again soon. What Mickey Bears do you have?

ry%3D400

:goodvibes

YES!! The Valentine's Day 2010 bear, that is the newest Mickey bear out. It is only 8", which disappointed me, but I'm assuming they made them small in case they didn't sell well. :confused3

I'll message you too! :)

I have one from Christmas 2008 from the World of Disney Store in NYC. Glad I got that one as that store is now closed. We will be down in WDW in 2 weeks or so and I love the Valentine one - and I like the size also. Something to add to my list of things to purchase.

Linda

I have one from Christmas 2008 from the World of Disney Store in NYC. Glad I got that one as that store is now closed. We will be down in WDW in 2 weeks or so and I love the Valentine one - and I like the size also. Something to add to my list of things to purchase.

Linda

Oh, that's a nice bear to have, any of the Christmas ones! I'm going to WDW from Feb 7th-11th and I would like to pick up some of the Valentine's Day ones too. I hope they even have some new bears as well.

I plan to post more information here as I gather it. :)

Duffy is very popular at Tokyo Disney Resort and they just came out with a new female version named Shellie May

052002010012401.JPG

Oh WOW!!!! I have got to find someone in Japan to get me one of those!!! :lovestruc

Thank you so much for posting your photo-I really am enjoying it! :)

The little girl bear is adorable! My boyfriend in college studied abroad in Japan and told be he was huge over there. He brought me back a bear from Tokyo, but they didn't have a girl version back then.

Nikki, they seemed to have a lot of the plain bears (just tan or brown) and then they were selling little t-shirts for $5 that you could put on them. Things like birthday, first visit, pirates, etc. I hope they don't stop making the different bears in favor of little interchangeable t-shirts.

I don't think they will stop making the different bears. I hope not! Hard to tell with Disney. :)
I know they do eventually stop making a certain style. I think they retired the Hannah Montana bear. They made that one during the promotion of her movie. I always buy a few of each one, just in case. I really regret not buying the colored bears back in 2004 when they came out with those. :guilty:

Since we are going to WDW in a week, I'm going to get as many as I can. :)

Definitely hang onto that one from Japan!!! They are so collectible!

I don't think they will stop making the different bears. I hope not! Hard to tell with Disney. :)
I know they do eventually stop making a certain style. I think they retired the Hannah Montana bear. They made that one during the promotion of her movie. I always buy a few of each one, just in case. I really regret not buying the colored bears back in 2004 when they came out with those. :guilty:

Since we are going to WDW in a week, I'm going to get as many as I can. :)

Definitely hang onto that one from Japan!!! They are so collectible!

I almost got rid of the bear when the relationship ended, but I still have him in storage somewhere. :) I went to the MK and Epcot today with family members from out of town, and was on the lookout for bears. I didn't see any of the Valentine's day bears in the displays with the Valentine's merchandise. They had lots of Minnie's and Marie's, but no bears. :confused3 I hope they are back in stock for your trip and you can find them. The kids were more interested in the rides than looking around the giftshops, but the only bears I managed to see other than the plain tan and brown ones with the t-shirts was the "my first bear". The one with the blue-green pajamas and hat. I did notice this cute little ceramic bank with Mickey holding the bear. Here's some pictures of what I saw. I hope they continue to make the unique bears too.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

OK, those are adorable...I have to get one!

I remember a few years ago they had colored ones. I am kicking myself for not getting one. :sad2:

Wow, thank you so much for posting those pictures!! :) I do hope that they still have a few Valentine's Bears when I get there.

I'll tell you one thing that is happening. People who live near the parks are buying these bears in bulk and reselling them for a profit on ebay. I think some cases are a bit extreme and very greedy. I've seen some on ebay sold in lots of 10 or more. :confused3 Not really fair to people visiting the parks.

I'm trying to figure out a way I can edit this post to keep all the pictures towards the top. I'll just keep adding some here and there.

I know it, wdwgirl03, I really wish I had those colored bears. :sad1:

I'm trying to figure out a way I can edit this post to keep all the pictures towards the top. I'll just keep adding some here and there.

You could probably quote all the posts that have pictures in them to get the photo links and then paste them into the first post.

The colored ones pop up from time to time on eBay, and usually sell for hundreds of dollars! I had a gray one I sold a few months ago for over $400. :scared1:

I still have one ... a creme colored one. They are adorable!! :goodvibes

I just started or got addicted to these awesome bears!!! Do you guys know if they sell the at the DL resort? And which stores would?

I just started or got addicted to these awesome bears!!! Do you guys know if they sell the at the DL resort? And which stores would?

Yep, you can find the Disney Bear at the DL resort. Not sure which stores. He sells out pretty quick, depending on the style. I talked to DL merchandising today, and they only had the My 1st Disney Bear & the plain, naked tan Disney Bear in stock. I just ordered a few of the Pirates of the Caribbean bear from WDW merchandising this morning, and they are on backorder. I'm going to start compiling a list!

They are so awesome!!!

These are the bears currently available at the WDW resort and WDW merchandising:

*My First Disney Bear (aqua sleeper with hat outfit)
*My First Visit Bear (brown bear with red shirt)
*It's My Birthday Bear (tan bear with white shirt)
*Plain Disney Bear (you can buy separate shirts for him)

And that's about it!
These are going to be retired pretty soon. No more will be ordered and whatever is left at the park is all they will get.

*Pirates of the Caribbean Bear
*High School Musical Bear
*Hannah Montana Bear

Hi Nikki,

Did they say they are discontinuing the plain bears will the t-shirts too, or did you mean just H. Montana, the Pirates one, and the other more specific ones? I was hoping that you would have found more bears out there and that I was just not looking hard enough. I went to DHS today for the cheerleading competition, and was hoping they would have found a shipment of the Valentine's Day bears to put out at least for tomorrow. No such luck.

You can currently only buy the plain tan bear, the t-shirts, and the My 1st Disney Bear from Disney merchandising. The guy told me those are the only ones they have right now in stock. Anything left over in the parks is all that is left! Which, I'm thinking, means they should be coming out with new ones soon, I hope!

The pirate bear, Hannah Montana, and the HSM bear are retiring. They won't be ordering anymore that he knows of. That's just info I received from WDW Merchandising. DL was only able to place mail orders for the My 1st Disney Bear. I just came back from WDW myself and after going through several Merchandising Leaders, learned the V-Day Bear is completely sold out. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter