Disney Hotels are booking up!!

RobininFlorida

Earning My Ears
Has anyone else tried to make reservations at DVC hotels and found nothing available? The reservationist I called said people started to call last weekend and decided "it's time to come back."

I saw ads offering hotel stays for 30% less than normal rates. Lots of ads actually. "Save up to $500 on a 4-night/4-day stay.

I think the parks are doing a good job spacing attendees away from each other and I know local government officials are allowing higher numbers of attendees. But, the number of reservations jumping so much is a sudden pulse.

Saw a lives steam and it seemed fairly full in MK.

Every week that passes another small percentage of the US decides to move forward taking precautions as they can but no longer cancelling everything.

I think out of all places Disney makes those on the edge feel okay coming because they are enforcing the rules and have precautions in place. So people like myself who in no way would go to a local restaurant except for carry out are okay booking for early next year.

Has anyone else tried to make reservations at DVC hotels and found nothing available? The reservationist I called said people started to call last weekend and decided "it's time to come back."

I saw ads offering hotel stays for 30% less than normal rates. Lots of ads actually. "Save up to $500 on a 4-night/4-day stay.

I think the parks are doing a good job spacing attendees away from each other and I know local government officials are allowing higher numbers of attendees. But, the number of reservations jumping so much is a sudden pulse.

What date range are you looking at?

I really feel like there are a lot of people sitting on points and just not sure what to do. People holding reservations they're not sure they'll keep. I'm constantly checking availability and browsing airfare and thinking about changing our plans.

I honestly would love to just go now. I cannot imagine what winter is going to bring adding standard colds and flu into the mix. We are going to be in constant cycles of isolation and testing and wondering if we're contagious or been exposed. Ugh. My daughter just got over a cold and wasn't allowed at work. I understand. It really gets you realizing how complicated this is all going to be, though.

We love Thanksgiving / Christmas, but are definitely passing due to higher crowds.

We are here now and although crowds aren’t high, they are higher than we were expecting. Still hardly the lines we are used to. But more crowded than we thought. Most people are obeying social distancing and masks but there’s still some that aren’t. Like the teenager in the goofy candy shop last night eating his Carmel apple while walking through the capacity filled store. (There was a line to get in). We just got to the point where we realized it’s time to go back and have no regrets

Sounds like you are trying to book for cash directly from Disney. If so, I'm not surprised availability is scarce. Doubt DVC is releasing many rooms to DRC/CRO to book for cash. Too many DVC members are trying to use their points that are expiring (due to pandemic closures).

If you really want to stay DVC, rent a reservation from a Member or try again for cash a few weeks before you want to stay. DVC may release more rooms for cash as the date approaches.

Sounds like you are trying to book for cash directly from Disney. If so, I'm not surprised availability is scarce. Doubt DVC is releasing many rooms to DRC/CRO to book for cash. Too many DVC members are trying to use their points that are expiring (due to pandemic closures).

If you really want to stay DVC, rent a reservation from a Member or try again for cash a few weeks before you want to stay. DVC may release more rooms for cash as the date approaches.
I agree, there are a lot of excess points out there for DVC, cash bookings are probably going to be limited for several years I would think. Your probably going to either rent points (DVC owner or a broker), or stay at a Disney hotel. There are a lot of owners with extra points, book as early as you can to 11 months.

Good point about renting points. We were able to get a great last minute deal on a SSR studio from a rental broker.

Saw a lives steam and it seemed fairly full in MK.

Every week that passes another small percentage of the US decides to move forward taking precautions as they can but no longer cancelling everything.

I think out of all places Disney makes those on the edge feel okay coming because they are enforcing the rules and have precautions in place. So people like myself who in no way would go to a local restaurant except for carry out are okay booking for early next year.

Where’s the best site to go to to get a live stream feed? That would be so much fun to see!

What date range are you looking at?

I really feel like there are a lot of people sitting on points and just not sure what to do. People holding reservations they're not sure they'll keep. I'm constantly checking availability and browsing airfare and thinking about changing our plans.

I honestly would love to just go now. I cannot imagine what winter is going to bring adding standard colds and flu into the mix. We are going to be in constant cycles of isolation and testing and wondering if we're contagious or been exposed. Ugh. My daughter just got over a cold and wasn't allowed at work. I understand. It really gets you realizing how complicated this is all going to be, though.

We love Thanksgiving / Christmas, but are definitely passing due to higher crowds.
I am looking for rooms in the first week of October. I wanted to stay at the Riviera, but it seems that particular resort is totally booked. There is more availability in other resorts however. It seems there were a lot of cancellations for other resorts so I can get in anywhere but the Riviera. We drove by Disney Springs, formerly Downtown Disney, last Sunday and it's a lot busier than I have seen it in six months. I saw backups to get into the Orange and Lime parking garages. I live only about 45 minutes from Disney and have been to the Springs about a dozen times. At first, the place was so empty it was safer than going to a grocery store. Disney enforces social distancing and masks so I feel comfortable being there.

I am looking for rooms in the first week of October. I wanted to stay at the Riviera, but it seems that particular resort is totally booked. There is more availability in other resorts however. It seems there were a lot of cancellations for other resorts so I can get in anywhere but the Riviera. We drove by Disney Springs, formerly Downtown Disney, last Sunday and it's a lot busier than I have seen it in six months. I saw backups to get into the Orange and Lime parking garages. I live only about 45 minutes from Disney and have been to the Springs about a dozen times. At first, the place was so empty it was safer than going to a grocery store. Disney enforces social distancing and masks so I feel comfortable being there.
Riviera is pretty booked up for DVC members too. Most other resorts have openings, but Riviera is pretty consistently booked, at least for the dates I was looking at.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter