Disney Magic Kingdoms

Down to needing one more shoulder pad and will collect with about 10 mins to go. If no luck probably will just buy the last one to get the costume - would be 49 gems

I got the costume and you know what? It just finishes the event. I don't see it being useful in any way, at least in this stage of the game. Also thanks to @hopemax for their suggestion of chanting "no Whammies" before collection. I tried it, it has worked 3 out of 4 times. Thank you!

Livestream event in less than 2 hours and I am excited. I want to see what's next. It is a cycle at this point though. Hype up a new event, watch the livestream, get anxious to start, start event with wild enthusiasm, loose enthusiasm as time goes on, and then start all over again.

Livestream event in less than 2 hours and I am excited. I want to see what's next. It is a cycle at this point though. Hype up a new event, watch the livestream, get anxious to start, start event with wild enthusiasm, loose enthusiasm as time goes on, and then start all over again.

Aside from the Dark Tower event prior to BH6, all the events have been exactly the same. I don't know why folks can't understand that and, moreover, complain about it over and over.

We know there will be premium characters. We know there will be EC. We know there will be tough tokens to get. We know there will be mini events. We know it will be timed. I just don't understand why this is so hard.

Then there's the group that says "I don't like this IP so I won't play"...only to find the characters from this IP become important in a future event...at which time they complain all over again its not fair...

I just don't understand.

Livestream Notes The stream is actually glitching every fourth word or so which is SUPER ANNOYING):

The update goes live tomorrow, event starts Thursday

New permanent content
New land - 2 pieces initially unlocked behind the gate (with lots of new space available for later)
Pirates can update to level 10
Added Barbossa, Tia, and Davey Jones
Added Hook, John Darling, and Michael Darling
New pirate-themed costumes for Donald, Goofy, and Minnie
Jack Sparrow has a new costume
To open gate: Gate 1 - complete all of Pirates, Mother Gothel, and Bambi; Gate 2 - complete Peter Pan

New Tower Challenge

Maleficent is up to no good again.
Can again unlock older content - the same kind of event that unlocked JackJack
Initial featured collection - Snow White
Improved being able to load characters in the challenge screen
Automatic milestone rewards given
B+TB also helps with challenge via quests

They said there would be new content for long-term players but never indicated what that would be.

Livestream Notes The stream is actually glitching every fourth word or so which is SUPER ANNOYING):

The update goes live tomorrow, event starts Thursday

New permanent content
New land (with lots of new space)
Pirates can update to level 10
Added Barbossa, Tia, and Davey Jones
Added Hook, John Darling, and Michael Darling
New pirate-themed costumes for Donald, Goofy, and Minnie
Jack Sparrow has a new costume
To open gate: Gate 1 - complete all of Pirates, Mother Gothel, and Bambi; Gate 2 - complete Peter Pan

New Tower Challenge

Maleficent is up to no good again.
Can again unlock older content - the same kind of event that unlocked JackJack
Initial featured collection - Snow White
Improved being able to load characters in the challenge screen
Automatic milestone rewards given
B+TB also helps with challenge via quests
Just a small correction, Hook was always available, they just moved him to a new page in the character book.

I'm one of those...but only when someone actually complains first. :)
To me though, there is a distinct difference between not liking one of the included IPs and not liking the game. No, it doesn't encourage a player to log in as often, or to worry about collecting all of the characters. But regardless of the film behind the event or the expansion, to your point, game play is exactly the same. We should just be happy that the interns are working hard behind the scenes to continue to expand the game, rather than slowly work towards closing it down. And with all of the Disney properties left to be included, you're not going to please all of the people all of the time. No matter how much we gripe and complain, here we all are playing along regardless.

Last edited:
OKay, so I don't know about anyone else, but my feed was very spotty. Of what I saw, I am excited! I LIKE the tower challenge so I'm very glad they brought that back. I don't even care if there was no new stuff for those of us who have been playing a while. I like that newer players get a chance to get some older characters. I'm THRILLED about the Pirates and Peter Pan updates and YAY for new land and it starts in two days! All good things!

Happy playing to all!!!

besides probably needing characters for a later event, i only played bh6 to get baymax and of course he's the last character you unlock. I got two of his yellow chips. does anyone else have the problem with ios where you don't get notifications for certain apps, and there's no way to get them back w/o deleting an app? bc i no longer am notified when someone finishes a task so events are HARD.

besides probably needing characters for a later event, i only played bh6 to get baymax and of course he's the last character you unlock. I got two of his yellow chips. does anyone else have the problem with ios where you don't get notifications for certain apps, and there's no way to get them back w/o deleting an app? bc i no longer am notified when someone finishes a task so events are HARD.
I don't think I've EVER been notified about something like that on my phone. The only way I know is when I check in and see the little green check mark within the game.

To me though, there is a distinct difference between not liking one of the included IPs and not liking the game. No, it doesn't encourage a player to log in as often, or to worry about collecting all of the characters. But regardless of the film behind the event or the expansion, to your point, game play is exactly the same. We should just be happy that the interns are working hard behind the scenes to continue to expand the game, rather than slowly work towards closing it down. And with all of the Disney properties left to be included, you're not going to please all of the people all of the time. No matter how much we gripe and complain, here we all are playing along regardless.

Exactly!It's unreal how people whine and complain(to put it in a G rating)ESPECIALLY when they a)know full well how the game operates and b)feel they get ripped off even though they willingly put money into the game. I admit,I'm one of the complainers about complainers,and maybe I shouldn't be,but these people drive me nuts. And I'm not trying to argue for free speech because they are free to complain. There's also a thing called common sense. Either stop complaining or stop playing.

There were also complaints during the livestream about land,EVEN THOUGH we're getting a whole new area. Geez...

Personally,I was very happy to hear what we're getting. Expansions to character sets,both pirate themed,a new Tower Challenge which means a new chance to get characters I don't have(I really hope Mulan's that third set that wasn't shown),Adventure Land(by the way,did anyone notice Kuzco's palace in there?)...how can people complain about all this?Serously!

There were also complaints during the livestream about land,EVEN THOUGH we're getting a whole new area. Geez...

And for all this nonsense about the need of land, I was doing OK until this last event. Then I realized that at this point, Lilo and Stitch is doing zero for me. So I comfortably put O'hana away to make room for the lab, which was required for this particular event. It's OK to shelve buildings. It really is. Plus, two years later, there are still people who insist that Gameloft gives a damn about where we put things and that certain buildings have to be placed into proper areas. Number one, it doesn't affect game play. Number two, the bases are barely color coded at this point, and some are even different bases within sets. So outside of an insistence on being anal, it's OK to put a Tomorrowland building in Frontierland if it means your park is going to fit everything. At this point, I don't think it's really feasible, or even necessary for that matter, to try to have it both ways.

Also when they showed the central attraction did anyone else think it could be Expedition Everest? There’s what looked like snow and a rollercoaster track coming out of mountains.
Didn't bother with the live stream, so I have no idea what you're talking about. But it would make sense to put that attraction into that land. Wondering if the Jungle Cruise will be a stand-along building, or a permanent dock area within the layout.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter