Disney Magic Kingdoms

So, I broke down and bought the pass. First time I’ve ever spent money on the game. Figured $20 over 3 months wasn’t too bad, and….well, I’m a sucker for Up! I’m weak!!! On a bright note, I am swimming in gems for the first time in my life. Oh, and I now have Paradise Falls. Just feels weird getting more for less effort. If you bought it too, just know you are not alone
I bought it too. The Cone of Shame Dug looks exactly like our Golden Retriever when she has to wear the Cone of Shame and I just couldn’t resist.

Ikr?!! Now I feel like I’m wearing the “I bought the pass” cone of shame😂🤣
There is no shame here. Whether or not someone does an in-app purchase is strictly up to that individual. I know that at times people comment that they will not pay gems or $$ for some of the characters, etc. I have in the past and I will most likely continue in the future. I will admit there are some other games that I have chosen not to purchase things and I am ok with that. But for this game, I am more of a completeness person. It still irks me that I can't get The Bride, a couple of the HM ghosts or the Oogie Boogie attraction. At this point, since some of those items are at least a year or more old, they should unlock for gems, magic or $$. FYI, I purchased the Kingdom Pass myself when it was first available. I pretty much knew I would when I saw that it was the only way to get the Paradise Falls attraction and Charles Muntz.

There is no shame here. Whether or not someone does an in-app purchase is strictly up to that individual. I know that at times people comment that they will not pay gems or $$ for some of the characters, etc. I have in the past and I will most likely continue in the future. I will admit there are some other games that I have chosen not to purchase things and I am ok with that. But for this game, I am more of a completeness person. It still irks me that I can't get The Bride, a couple of the HM ghosts or the Oogie Boogie attraction. At this point, since some of those items are at least a year or more old, they should unlock for gems, magic or $$. FYI, I purchased the Kingdom Pass myself when it was first available. I pretty much knew I would when I saw that it was the only way to get the Paradise Falls attraction and Charles Muntz.
Oh, think I would have broken down for the stupid Oogie Boogie if that came available. It’s like the Kragl in this freakin game!

Looks like there is an update on bringing characters from home if they have a wish request. Just started the game and had several wish requests for characters at home. Each time I clicked the character I received a pop-up message "Would you like to return this character to the Kingdom to fulfill this wish?" Clicked on yes and the character was back and the task screen for the character was shown.

Looks like there is an update on bringing characters from home if they have a wish request. Just started the game and had several wish requests for characters at home. Each time I clicked the character I received a pop-up message "Would you like to return this character to the Kingdom to fulfill this wish?" Clicked on yes and the character was back and the task screen for the character was shown.
Thanks for sharing. I didn't bother clicking on any of the character wishes yet because I figured I'd save them for today's daily update.

It's a shame that their "improvements" are simply about having to go in and fix stuff that they broke to begin with.

This is what you call "fixing a regression bug." It used to work this way, then they broke it.

Thanks for sharing. I didn't bother clicking on any of the character wishes yet because I figured I'd save them for today's daily update.

It's a shame that their "improvements" are simply about having to go in and fix stuff that they broke to begin with.
I am just thankful that they fixed it sooner rather than later. The other way was a total pain in the butt.

Last edited:
Yep, they fixed the character thing that they broke. It looks to me that they also fixed the frequency of hidden chests in the game, because I have had at most 1 and usually 0 since the major update, but as soon as I updated the fix I had 3 chests waiting for me (but that's not enough info to know for certain that they did anything).

In other game news, I got Penny but can't get her to L2 so she's stuck sourcing bottles for me.

It seems that both Penny and Miss Bianca require enchantments on various attractions to be able to collect some or many of their items. For Miss Bianca, I had to enchant Remy's Ratatouille Adventure to level 2, and Madame Medusa's Riverboat to first enchantment, to allow a total of two collection activities for each of her perfume and ear hats; two more tasks for each item remain unavailable until each Rescuers attraction is leveled up even more.

It seems to me that Penny should at least have tasks available to collect her items and level up, since you need them to get her to begin with, but it's hard to see what requirements exist after they're unlocked (i.e. what character level or attraction enchantment level requirements) so I can't comment on that issue.

After you get Penny, there is a 2 hour quest and then there is a prompt to build Madame Medusa's Riverboat (which takes 24 hours and costs 800k magic).

Sigh. I had ignored the annoying long task Weekly challenge hoping that there would be new tasks when the next week started. Nope, unfinished weekly challenges apparently rollover. Progress doesn't reset. So that "85 12 hr tasks" that I didn't work on... still in my list, still says 1/85.

Sigh. I had ignored the annoying long task Weekly challenge hoping that there would be new tasks when the next week started. Nope, unfinished weekly challenges apparently rollover. Progress doesn't reset. So that "85 12 hr tasks" that I didn't work on... still in my list, still says 1/85.
I was surprised to see them roll over too. And, back to my 24-hour character list I go.

Here's a combined post with my & PrincessP's research on 24-task characters:

**these characters have one hour happiness tasks**
So you want to avoid sending them out for 24 hours if possible as it will potentially slow down your happiness collection.

Cheshire Cat
**Mad Hatter**
Queen of Hearts
White Rabbit

**Donald + Daisy**
**Donald + Goofy** - Chapter 2 Tower Event

Donald + Louie
**Mickey Mouse**
Pete
**Pluto**

Dewey + Scrooge McDuck
Dewey + Louie
Huey + Louie

**Bo Peep + Forky**
**Bo Peep + Jessie**

Bunny + Ducky
**Buzz Lightyear**
**Rex**
**Woody**

Zurg

**Anastasia + Drizella**
**Cinderella + Fairy Godmother (Requires Princess Fairytale Hall)**

Lady Tremaine = Drizella

C-3PO + R2D2

Peter Pan
John Darling + Michael
Tinkerbell (requires Fantasy Faire) - Chapter 2 Tower Event

**Kanga + Roo**

Finn + Rey

Tia Dalma - Chapter 2 Tower Event
Barbosa & Cap’n Jack - Chapter 2 Tower Event
Davy Jones & Elizabeth (Requires Pirates of the Caribbean)

Sally
Shock & Barrel
Jack Skellington
Lock

Mr. Incredible
Syndrome
Violet
Dash

**Pooh**
**Tigger & Roo**

Piglet
Eeyore
Rabbit
Owl

Kyle Ren & FO Storm Trooper

Mando & The Child

Aladdin & Jasmine

Wall- E
Eve

Rapunzel
Flynn - Chapter 2 Tower Event

Pete

King Louie
Baloo & Bagheera

Trusty & Jock
Trusty & Lady
Tramp & Joe
Tramp & Tony

Sulley & Randall
**Roz & Celia** - Chapter 2 Tower Event

The Ringmaster

Pacha & Kronk
Pacha & Yzma
Kuzco & Yzma
Kuzco & Kronk
Yzma

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter