• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Magic Kingdoms

So there's really nothing in the treasure chests that I want any more. I literally have 58 hanging lanterns :scared: So as of today I haven't been looking for them and when I happen to stumble upon one I don't tap on it. I'm up to 4 that are uncollected. Has anyone else done this? If so, how many uncollected chest did you get to? I wonder if, when I hit a certain number, the game will stop hiding more in my park. With only a couple of characters left to level up to ten, maybe I'm just trying to find ways to make the game interesting.

So there's really nothing in the treasure chests that I want any more. I literally have 58 hanging lanterns :scared: So as of today I haven't been looking for them and when I happen to stumble upon one I don't tap on it. I'm up to 4 that are uncollected. Has anyone else done this? If so, how many uncollected chest did you get to? I wonder if, when I hit a certain number, the game will stop hiding more in my park. With only a couple of characters left to level up to ten, maybe I'm just trying to find ways to make the game interesting.
4 is the maximum

Thanks for the info. I have separate games going on two devices, so perhaps I will try to confirm for the sake of my own curiosity during the next mini-event.

For this one, I confirmed that starting at the same time on both devices put me on the same leaderboard.

(Though the odd thing is that even though it is clearly the same leaderboard on both devices based on the score counts, different usernames are listed. On my iPad, not connected to Facebook or GameCenter, rankings are currently:

1. Disney Villain Fan 41074 - 120
2. Glass Slippers 68054 - 104
3. Disney Villain Fan 49255 - 91

while on my iPhone, connected to my Facebook account, it's

1. schmoopsiekins - 120
2. Chonkinator - 104
3. NepetaStrider - 91

I assume this has to do with whether or not you are connected to Facebook, GameCenter, or neither, but I still found it peculiar!)

I read this board from time to time and felt the need to respond. If you pay close attention to the names they change every time you log in/open up the leaderboards. Even on the same account (I only have one). Same for the leader board for visitors. It seems like people think they are actually competing but it's really just an algorithm. I'm sure it's just like the odds of getting a token. I don't think it's a real board/real people. I'm surprised no one has caught this yet. So it makes sense that when you begin something later it just calculates odds. I found it to be quite annoying because it's all apparently fake. You are playing against the computer.

So out of the 4 attractions I don't have yet 3 are discounted the one I wanted to get,Mike and Sully to the rescue isn't

FYI this sale is pretty poor compared to the ones last year, you could get 50% off of the gem cost of many of these buildings then (e.g. RC Racers was 62 in the December 30th sale but now it's 100).

I read this board from time to time and felt the need to respond. If you pay close attention to the names they change every time you log in/open up the leaderboards. Even on the same account (I only have one). Same for the leader board for visitors. It seems like people think they are actually competing but it's really just an algorithm. I'm sure it's just like the odds of getting a token. I don't think it's a real board/real people. I'm surprised no one has caught this yet. So it makes sense that when you begin something later it just calculates odds. I found it to be quite annoying because it's all apparently fake. You are playing against the computer.

I was able to see my iPhone game score and ranking on the leaderboard in my iPad game, and my iPad game score and ranking on the leaderboard in my iPhone game. I think you are correct that the game randomly generates leaderboard usernames for players who have not connected their accounts to Facebook or Gamecenter, and that those randomly-generated names can change over time, but that doesn't mean they don't represent real people. Furthermore, one I connected my iPhone game to my Facebook account I no longer saw the changing names, so it's not a universal issue.

This is part of the reason I deleted the game a long time ago. If you don't have the patience to wait for things to complete (who wants to wait a week or more for some things), and you're not going to pump any money into this (why should you if missions reward you with all the currencies of the game), you're just checking in on the game while you can be playing other games where you actually do something.

I beg to differ. When I was trying to win an event and paid close attention to the leader board, I noticed the same names on the board each time I checked. I remember following the names of those I was trying to beat and they remained on my board, rising and falling as the lead changed.
Yeah, I have the same experience as this. While many of the names are randomly generated for users who haven't connected to Gameloft (DonaldIsTheBest79318, etc), those are real users and they stay consistent on my leaderboards throughout the events. When I first started playing, that's how *I* showed up on my leaderboard before I started logging in with Gameloft.

I have 7 premium chests with no good rewards in them so they're just sitting there (I have all the attractions). Just hoping we get more land next time because I'm pretty sure there is no other way I could rearrange anything to make room for more...

Yeah, I have the same experience as this. While many of the names are randomly generated for users who haven't connected to Gameloft (DonaldIsTheBest79318, etc), those are real users and they stay consistent on my leaderboards throughout the events. When I first started playing, that's how *I* showed up on my leaderboard before I started logging in with Gameloft.

Wait. Those are REAL people? I just assumed they were bots/testers. Players made up to inflate the numbers. I mean, I've played this game since the very beginning. And back then, almost all the names were these generic ones. How could, on the first day or two, so many users have over a million lifetime visitors? I mean, even if they were somehow using a hacked version... ...the very first day?

Sorry if this has been mentioned before (there's quite a lot of back reading required), but I just finished watching Atlantis tonight. Guess it had been ages since I last saw it. ...anyway, for a movie that's not really known for its soundtrack, I heard something familiar. It was the only song from the MK game that I couldn't recall the origins for! Isn't that strange? So many well known modern songs, maybe one classic, and then they throw in this one? What's next? The opening to Black Cauldron? The Atlantis song is fitting, though not if you recall the scene from which it came. It's just like, wow, really? I know it was 16 years ago, had a McDonalds tie in, had a sequel, but really... ...pretty forgotten.

I have 7 premium chests with no good rewards in them so they're just sitting there (I have all the attractions).

I'm in a similar position, I only have one ride left to get from the Premium Chest. Unfortunately my chest storage is full so I've had to put on on a pedestal to open.

For some reason, the game started giving me a run of gold chests. So I have 1 platinum, with five gold chests. That left me with one open pedestal, so I could only take in one chest at a time, get my "storage full" message, and then move the final chest up top to begin the un-cursing process. Then I got another gold chest, so I had to throw that up top. Wound up getting the one decoration I didn't have yet (the pirates warning statue thing), but I still have no intention of putting it out. So I'm still playing with one open pedestal to receive chests. At least I've been able to cycle through all of the bronze and silver chests that come through so far.

For some reason, the game started giving me a run of gold chests. So I have 1 platinum, with five gold chests. That left me with one open pedestal, so I could only take in one chest at a time, get my "storage full" message, and then move the final chest up top to begin the un-cursing process. Then I got another gold chest, so I had to throw that up top. Wound up getting the one decoration I didn't have yet (the pirates warning statue thing), but I still have no intention of putting it out. So I'm still playing with one open pedestal to receive chests. At least I've been able to cycle through all of the bronze and silver chests that come through so far.
That's exactly what I have been doing since well before the Mulan event. Except I have 4 gold and 2 platinum. The cycle is annoying, especially if you forget or get those random chests while collecting, and I've gotten a couple gold since and even one platinum I've been forced to open. I'm so ready for an update...

Thanks. So much for making the game more interesting...
I've taken to stock piling gold and platinum chests. Never know when they may add another attraction, or at least some tokens during the next event. Like oogie boogie. His still show up in gold and Platinum.

For 2 days now it's been telling me I have 3 chest hiding somewhere but I can't find them anywhere. I have closed everything down and restarted my phone and still nothing. Anyone else having this issue?

I may go crazy if they don't start posting some hints about the next update...or give us something!
On my original game:
All attractions - check
All characters- check (level 9 or 10 for each)
All costumes - check

And on my reset game I just welcomed Mother G...

At this point I would even welcome the brooms lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter