Disney Magic Kingdoms

Grrrr. The fact that they are now using Snow White for a stupid timer even is making me rethink continuing to play this game. It’s annoying. The game wasn’t designed to be a race or a limited timed thing. They are clearly making more money this way and player behavior is helping them shift in this direction. I’m not interested in quick burst events followed by nothing.

Grrrr. The fact that they are now using Snow White for a stupid timer even is making me rethink continuing to play this game. It’s annoying. The game wasn’t designed to be a race or a limited timed thing. They are clearly making more money this way and player behavior is helping them shift in this direction. I’m not interested in quick burst events followed by nothing.
Agreed, I was okay with events being an every once in a while thing but now they have become way too excessive/frequent/annoying(and many other words can fit here, pick as you would like).

Yep. I can't even say that I'm only three fire sticks away from level 10 because I have been three fire sticks away for two weeks now.

My fire sticks have been dropping like water from a waterfall. I think I got most of them through Parade Float drops. But my ears take forever. My Shere Khan is currently level 6 in my IOS game, I had all 6 fire sticks before I had 1 ear. Windows game has been more balanced, but it took a really long time to Welcome him. He's only at level 4 there, and I need one of each token to level him up.

If anyone is reading this forum, newsflash, WE HATE BACK TO BACK EVENTS! Cut the crap Gameloft...

Ditto. My gems certainly aren't replenished enough to get what I assume is 2 more Premium characters and float. There will probably be a building too, but I have already failed at having enough to get all the buildings. Plus, I am in Florida for Christmas and I really don't want to lug my laptop along just to keep up in my Windows game. Not everyone's game is portable, Gameloft...

Agree with everyone, I’m not ready for another event! Please just make it an update GameLoft, I’m even willing to give you money if you do! :thumbsup2

The thing that bugs me/scares me the most are the 3 Stupid Frozen costoms for $5 each or 120 gems. I hope they prove me wrong, but I have a feeling those outfits will play into the event in a way that none of us are going to Like!

I think events should come with a mandatory overnight park closure. (Player choice of when it starts). It is really bad for our health to wake every hour, and they are driving people to do that, they should be more considerate. Anyway, I want to see my park at dusk, with the lights twinkling....
Who the heck is waking up every hour? That sounds a bit obsessive. Not Gameloft's fault.

Of course it comes down to money. Once characters are no longer available, it seems that a few too many players are willing to part with their cash for legendary chests for the chance to win them.

The events become a real pain for me because I'm playing the game, and both my son's are playing their own versions on their own ipads. So, when the options to purchase characters and buildings comes up for every event, I not only want to get them for me, but feel obligated to spend money to get them for both my sons. It really gets to be expensive for each event. I'd like to see them either space them out a little bit more. Another nice option would be to have a family discount for event items. When I buy items on my ipad, the purchase uses my itunes username, which all my family uses. However, Gameloft ties the purchase to your Gameloft ID. They should do like other games do, and recognize that when I purchase for my son's games using my itunes username, it's already been purchased once and allow them to download it onto their games. I know, I know, this will never happen because Gameloft would lose a little money (God forbid), but it would make it much more family friendly for those of use that have multiple family members playing the game.

Hi there! I actually deleted the app back in May/June because I couldn’t consistently play while doing an internship, classes, and working and was tired of falling so behind! Used to be more present here.

Just a thought... not sure if it’s been suggested or if it would work, but I wish they would do timed events differently. Obviously they’re going to continue doing that in lieu of updating the story as their players would like, but to people who are newer and don’t have the characters to gather event currency and tokens like the lifetime players, I don’t see how the can justify pushing he event to everyone.

So, what if events were published as optional chapters? At any point in time you could go into the character book and drop gems on opening a chapter/starting and event. They could even make it so that people who had previous attempts could pay to extend the deadline or go back to it. I think that would be much wiser if they want to keep their players happy and not inundated with events. I also think it would help because when people(ie, anyone who didn’t start back in March 2016) ran out of the main storyline, they could explore the side chapters.
And think of how much more rewarding it would be to let people go back into events! Rather than getting pissy and frustrated that our only option for older event characters is to gamble gems away on Legendary chests, they could just say “want this storyline for another week?” And charge gems that way. Yes, it’s less money for them probably. But I feel like this forum demonstrates a growing discontentment with how the game is being treated and updated.

Anyways, that’s my rambling idea and suggestion for the developers at GameLoft.

I looked late last night and saw TONS of complaints, just like ours here, on their FB page. It seems their little events aren't as popular as the interns think they are. So perhaps we should be letting them know just how we feel about this. Personally I think it's rather cheap and short-sighted of them to do this to Snow White especially.

Just out of curiosity, I wonder how regular vs. event updates stack up this year.

EVENT
Mulan
Beauty and the Beast
Lion King
Aladdin
Alice in Wonderland
and now Snow White.

REGULAR
Zooptopia
Jungle Book
Chip & Dale (added to a previous set)
Bullseye & Alien (added to a previous set)

Am I missing any? that doesn't look great, especially considering how last year we only had...three events I think? Incredibles, Nightmare Before Christmas, and Frozen?

I wonder who's making the decisions on these; Gameloft or Disney. With Snow White, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Disney is requiring it be a limited time event considering all of the limited edition products and special events they're releasing/holding to commemorate the 80th anniversary. I'm sure Beauty and the Beast was also a mandate handed down by Disney, but the rest I'm really not sure. I'm fine with events, though I am eager to have more land/more story open up, which never seems to happen with limited event updates.

I looked late last night and saw TONS of complaints, just like ours here, on their FB page. It seems their little events aren't as popular as the interns think they are. So perhaps we should be letting them know just how we feel about this. Personally I think it's rather cheap and short-sighted of them to do this to Snow White especially.
People complain. And yet people still play. AND they still pay. I think that's the root of the problem. If their money train dried up, or recurring player count dropped, they'd be scared. Until that happens, they will listen with closed ears and keep doing what helps to generate revenue the best.

Hi there! I actually deleted the app back in May/June because I couldn’t consistently play while doing an internship, classes, and working and was tired of falling so behind! Used to be more present here.

Just a thought... not sure if it’s been suggested or if it would work, but I wish they would do timed events differently. Obviously they’re going to continue doing that in lieu of updating the story as their players would like, but to people who are newer and don’t have the characters to gather event currency and tokens like the lifetime players, I don’t see how the can justify pushing he event to everyone.

So, what if events were published as optional chapters? At any point in time you could go into the character book and drop gems on opening a chapter/starting and event. They could even make it so that people who had previous attempts could pay to extend the deadline or go back to it. I think that would be much wiser if they want to keep their players happy and not inundated with events. I also think it would help because when people(ie, anyone who didn’t start back in March 2016) ran out of the main storyline, they could explore the side chapters.
And think of how much more rewarding it would be to let people go back into events! Rather than getting pissy and frustrated that our only option for older event characters is to gamble gems away on Legendary chests, they could just say “want this storyline for another week?” And charge gems that way. Yes, it’s less money for them probably. But I feel like this forum demonstrates a growing discontentment with how the game is being treated and updated.

Anyways, that’s my rambling idea and suggestion for the developers at GameLoft.
I love this idea!!!!!

Agree with everyone, I’m not ready for another event! Please just make it an update GameLoft, I’m even willing to give you money if you do! :thumbsup2
Quit your whining. It's not like there is a major holiday coming up at the end of the month that you and your family will probably be spending most of the month gearing up for, right?
The thing that bugs me/scares me the most are the 3 Stupid Frozen costoms for $5 each or 120 gems. I hope they prove me wrong, but I have a feeling those outfits will play into the event in a way that none of us are going to Like!
I repeat... I am NOT paying five bucks for a bow tie.

Totally agree that they will continue to do this stuff as long as people are willing to throw money their way. I can’t believe how much money people seem to be willing to spend on a little phone game. I guess I just choose to spend my money on other silly ways.

I repeat... I am NOT paying five bucks for a bow tie.

HOW DARE YOU, SIR! Some intern, spent hours or more likely days designing that bow! It’s not like they could design one of those bow leafs, duplicated it, rotated it 180 degrees, position it and drop a circle to combine them. Are you going to tell me that it’s possible they already had the leaf from some other piece of artwork and just took it from it?

$5 is a steal! they could have easily charged us $10, $15 or $20 dollars for such a masterpiece!

HOW DARE YOU, SIR! Some intern, spent hours or more likely days designing that bow! It’s not like they could design one of those bow leafs, duplicated it, rotated it 180 degrees, position it and drop a circle to combine them. Are you going to tell me that it’s possible they already had the leaf from some other piece of artwork and just took it from it?

$5 is a steal! they could have easily charged us $10, $15 or $20 dollars for such a masterpiece!
OMG this is high quality GOLD :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter