Disney Magic Kingdoms

The Event will be: Big Hero 6

Start date: Next Thursday and Update on Wednesday
Length: Same length of time as Lilo and Stitch

Characters:
Hiro
GoGo (Gem? tried to see who was gems and this one seemed like one of them.)
Fred
Baymax
Yokai
Wasabi
Honey Lemon

Attractions:
The Lucky Cat Cafe
Ito Ishioka conventions lab
Fredrickson Grounds
San Fransokyo Street City

Costume:
Baymax Armor: will be able to get it as part of the storyline

Parade Float

Lion King characters will give the extra EC

Land? NO

Teaser: They are working towards us getting land and plan that it will be soon. "Wink Wink" "Big stuff is coming soon!"

Trying to take screenshots now but the video won't load but I will get them on here!

I enjoyed Big Hero 6, but I'm meh about this one too. I'm not ready for a new event. I was hoping to at least finish leveling my Stitch characters before the next one hit, and I still haven't welcomed Bambi. It's kind of hard to get excited about new buildings, especially when I'm about out of land to put them on. Don't get me wrong, I could move some stuff and fit them, but up until now I've been able to fit everything while still keeping out some decorations and concessions. There's no way I'll be able to get away with that now.

Thanks!

Those look like huge attractions! Hopefully they open more land soon....

I'm surprised at how big these attractions are, especially considering how they're not opening up any new land. I have some open spaces, especially in Tomorrowland where nothing really fits especially well, but I don't think I'm going to be able to rearrange what I have to make space for all of these - or even just the two or three that aren't gem attractions. I'm sure there's a way, but I don't know if I care enough to try to figure it all out for a cat cafe.

I had literally no context for what all this Big Hero stuff even meant until now and I can absolutely see what some of y’all meant about not seeming ‘Disney’. not excited, might just blanketly not even participate in this one. I need a legit break!

It was definitely a more experimental project of Disney Animation's, mostly just to fulfill a mandate from the higher ups and capitalize on the popularity of Japanese anime among tween boys. The emotional story is an interesting one kind of along the lines of Frozen, but when I left the theater the only thing I really felt was "that would be a better TV show." I was completely unsurprised when they green-lit the tv adaptation, and I'd almost bet the movie was meant to be a big-budget pilot from the beginning. I've felt that about a few Disney Animation movies lately, that they're more episodic than one solid story, and I hope that will change.

im not an especially big fan of bh6. i really wish they'd do more disney vault movies. like the classic disney ones. or at least a pure disney film, not a disney plus something (w the exception of pixar lol). a lot of people have been asking for little mermaid for ages now...for as long as i've been playing this game. but instead they give us bh6? idk. i dont have the money to get gems so it looks like i'll be saving my hard-earned ones for a better event. i'd rather see princess and the frog or 101 dalmations or something.

After seeing the new characters, I'm starting to agree with the general opinion. I like Baymax, and wouldn't mind seeing him walking around my park, but I don't really want the others. I think they won't really fit in, kind of like POTC. I'll play the event to get the new characters and buildings so I'll have them for future uses if needed, but honestly, I think I'll just pack them away once I'm done with them. I'm out of things to do, so I do welcome the event. Lets hope the future brings stories we can all wrap ourselves around and get excited about.

As far as game play
Gem the parade and GoGo.
Collect Hiro probably first, gather the friends, battle Yokai, free bay max, welcome baymax.
end event.

:jumping1: YES A NEW EVENT!!! :jumping1:

I so wish I could do what @wisshhuponastar7 is thinking about doing, but know myself to much and know I’ll play. I’ll complain about it, but I’ll play. :rotfl:

I also know that I’m not gonna give GameLoft any money for this event either, so I need to figure out how to play this event since I only have 228 gems. Even though most of my characters sit in storage I also have every character the games released, so I will probably spend all my gems on the new premium characters. Also believe I have all the buildings, except for that newer ice rink, but I can live without the premium buildings. If they don’t care enough about giving us enough land for all the buildings, why should I care about the attractions? :confused3

I am actually pretty excited about this one! I was overseas for the Maleficent event, so didn't end up really getting anything out of it since I couldn't welcome Jack Jack :/ But I really enjoyed Big Hero 6! I even have a half decent stockpile of gems since I didn't really fully do the Lilo & Stitch event either, so I should have enough to get at least one gem character :D

After seeing the new characters, I'm starting to agree with the general opinion. I like Baymax, and wouldn't mind seeing him walking around my park, but I don't really want the others. I think they won't really fit in, kind of like POTC. I'll play the event to get the new characters and buildings so I'll have them for future uses if needed, but honestly, I think I'll just pack them away once I'm done with them. I'm out of things to do, so I do welcome the event. Lets hope the future brings stories we can all wrap ourselves around and get excited about.

Agreed, and was thinking the same thing during the livestream. I think this update is not real "Disney". I play this game because its my Disney fix. The music, the classics, the rides. Putting a movie like this seems very un-Disney. This is the newest of films to come out from DIsney that they have added, and should have added more classics before this :(

I for one am excited about Big Hero 6 and will probably cry if I don't get Baymax. I'm now sad I used up all my Gems on Flower but should be back over 150 by the time the event starts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter