Disney Magic Kingdoms

If it makes anyone feel better (doubt it will) the Queen is disappointingly worthless so far! I’ve been lucky enough to get mine to level 3 and she doesn’t have any required event missions and does not create ANY items, atleast that I’ve seen. I don’t know why they don’t even have here collected items to make poison apple. Better yet, as the Queen, she should actually make poison apples! So as frustrating as she has been, trying to collect items to welcome her, for many of you, you still have 4 days to welcome her!

As far as Striking Gold goes, lay top 5 is very competitive and have no shot at top 3. That’s fine though, I’m only interested in top 50. On that front, I’m in good shape. I went to bed at 8 and waked up at 9. Also checked 50th and they didn’t close in on me at all and I actually made the gap bigger, 177 after I did my first collection this morning. :thumbsup2

Last edited:
4 heart boxes and 2 ear hats for me so far after pretty much 2 days of working on the Queen. I knew it was going to be difficult without Grumpy or the mine train, the drops have gone from non-existent to "slightly hopeful" in the last day. I've got the event currency and the apples to welcome her, so my current plan is to keep at it until the last minute and then make a decision. . .I'd never consider dropping $14.99 on any OTHER character. . .ugh. There's time.

Remember, you don't have to spend $14.99 to get the Queen, you may be able to get away with buying enough tokens with gems to finish her. On the Queen's Welcome Page, click the "Buy" button and it will tell you how many gems you need. Right now I am 3 tokens away, and so I could buy those for 124 gems. If you have enough gems, just buy her tokens. If you don't then you can look at the cost of the gem packs and maybe you can just buy the 40 gem pack for $1.99 or 110 gems for $4.99.

If it makes anyone feel better (doubt it will) the Queen is disappointingly worthless so far! I’ve been lucky enough to get mine to level 3 and she doesn’t have any required event missions and does not create ANY items, atleast that I’ve seen. I don’t know why they don’t even have here collected items to make poison apple. Better yet, as the Queen, she should actually make poison apples! So as frustrating as she has been, trying to collect items to welcome her, for many of you, you still have 4 days to welcome her!
Yes, obtaining the villain is usually (always?) the last event mission (other than Mulan, which didn't have a villain in it and ended with that cutscene). So once you get the villain, the event is kind of over for you, other than trying to get as much EC as you can in order to get more gems.

If memory serves me, the villain usually is able to collect more items either once the event is over or at least during the next update.

I think the maximum happiness helps with the Queen too. When I was in the maximum happiness range I was getting consistent drops. I slid into the next lower happiness (losing the token bonus) as I normally do in anticipation of a wishes event. In the lower level happiness, I received zero tokens on the most recent 4 hour tasks.

I think the maximum happiness helps with the Queen too. When I was in the maximum happiness range I was getting consistent drops. I slid into the next lower happiness (losing the token bonus) as I normally do in anticipation of a wishes event. In the lower level happiness, I received zero tokens on the most recent 4 hour tasks.

This is true of all token drops - the highest Happiness bracket improves chances of any drop rate by 10%. If you slip out of that bracket, it becomes almost impossible to get some of these tokens.

I am welcoming the queen! After disappointing results overnight, today's tasks have done well, even though (perhaps because) I have been distracted by real life problems. So now i just need to try and stay in the top 250, I have no hope of doing better than that.

I am peeved by how much I have spent on this game in the last month or so, and have to reconsider whether to engage in future events. It's not just the money that is disturbing, it is the way the game demands so much attention, to the extent that they are driving people to lose sleep. Previously games have fitted in when there was spare time in my life, not vice versa! And I have either bought games outright, or played them totally free (including Frozen Free Fall and Icy Shot), never been tempted by in game purchases. And all because I was looking for something related to our visit to Disneyland Paris this year...! I hope they leave us without an event for a while now...

just as a data point I was at just about the same point as you regarding the number of owls and hats for Grumpy when I decided to buy chests with gems and it took about 450 gems to get enough of the items to welcome Grumpy. He has helped quite a bit in earning Queen items (still needs some more chests but have all the ear hats after about 1.5 days - and at least a 1/3rd came from Grumpy's two hour task)

Thank you! That is good to know!

Grumpy - 34/60 owls, 15/40 hats
I have not purchased any chests yet. I have only opened the ones we got as gifts or that I won in mini games. And I have only sent Dopey and Happy out a few times. Hoping to rank well in the gold event.

Trying to decide whether to buy some grumpy chests now, or wait til after the mini event to see where I stand at that point.

Queen - 5/9 boxes, 2/9 ears

As of right now Grumpy is still the same... the Queen is at 6/9 and 6/9

New question... With the way the tasks for the queens items are (2 characters for most), do you all work on one item at a time? Meaning do you try for hats in one 4 hr period and then try for heart boxes next round? etc?

It seemed like with AIW I was able to try for both at one time and use all the characters. But the way the tasks are for this one, somebody gets left out doing nothing... unless I'm just too tired to figure it out! LOL

New question... With the way the tasks for the queens items are (2 characters for most), do you all work on one item at a time? Meaning do you try for hats in one 4 hr period and then try for heart boxes next round? etc?
Yes, i found one at a time worked best. I focussed in boxes first, until i had 8, then hats. Seemed to work!

I do, but I have actually been working just on the chests and once I finish them all I intended to try for the hats. Maybe when this round of chests ends I'll attempt for a hats one next time.

Hi everyone! I've been missing on the forum. I actually had to spend a few days on the hospital and it took me a while catch up on the forum. I did however play a lot because of all the free time I had. I'm almost done with the chests, I'm about 50-something on the trophies event and I'm only missing 2 owls and 9 hats for Grumpy. I did spend some gems too, I can't recall how many but my guess is far more than 300. I hope I can get the missing tokens from the trophies prizes and the 12 tasks from Dopey and Happy once I welcome the Queen.
Merry (late) Christmas to you all :love:

As of right now Grumpy is still the same... the Queen is at 6/9 and 6/9

It seemed like with AIW I was able to try for both at one time and use all the characters. But the way the tasks are for this one, somebody gets left out doing nothing... unless I'm just too tired to figure it out! LOL

I found it the same - that with all the double character tasks they were overlapping and hard to figure out how to maximize the characters ... or my brain is just tired

4 heart boxes and 2 ear hats for me so far after pretty much 2 days of working on the Queen. I knew it was going to be difficult without Grumpy or the mine train, the drops have gone from non-existent to "slightly hopeful" in the last day. I've got the event currency and the apples to welcome her, so my current plan is to keep at it until the last minute and then make a decision. . .I'd never consider dropping $14.99 on any OTHER character. . .ugh. There's time.
I'd never recommend spending $14.99 normally...but considering who you have for your profile pic...how could you not get the Evil Queen? And no, I don't secretly work for Gameloft!! I just know that if Hercules or Little Mermaid events came about, I would HAVE to have it all. Hope you earn her without spending having to break a piggy bank. Let us know what happens

I’m down to needing one more of each to be able to get the Queen so now I figured out how to split the characters. Before I did all but 1 box and then all but 1 ear. It would be nice to be able to ring in the new year without having to babysit this game.

I'd never recommend spending $14.99 normally...but considering who you have for your profile pic...how could you not get the Evil Queen? And no, I don't secretly work for Gameloft!! I just know that if Hercules or Little Mermaid events came about, I would HAVE to have it all. Hope you earn her without spending having to break a piggy bank. Let us know what happens

Yes that is how I felt about the lion king event! Had to have it all lol

Yeah, whatever. So I'm a wee bit slow on checking things. Received. Oh, and thanks!

Just welcomed the evil Queen, and she looks amazing... The way she walks down the steps and then handing you the poison apple is just terrifying, lol...

So from now on till the end, it's crunch time for Grumpy... I only have like 60% of the tokens, and 4EC left after welcoming the Queen. And I'm pretty safe in the top 50 for the trophy mini event, so at least the prizes will help out. What sucks is that the Queen needs to be at level 4 before she can collect Grumpy tokens, and I'm already short on currency, so... Hope I'll enough gems at the end to buy enough chests to welcome him...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter