Disney Magic Kingdoms

Got the Queen last night. I finished in 1st for the trophy event. Had to work for that one at the end. Started at the end of day 1 in 17th. Was behind the top person by about 150 trophies. It didn't feel like anyone in the top 5 was playing that hard. End of day 2 I was in fifth or sixth, end of day 3 was in 3rd but only 40ish out of 1st.

Got the 10 chests. Got 17 owls, 8 ears and 1100 EC. No Grumpy. Have 58/60 owls and 18/40 ears. Looks like Grumpy is out. Don't think the 400 gems will get the rest. The only character I don't have is Gaston. That is because my phone broke for six days during the last week of Beauty and the Beast.

I still need 1 heart box and 3 ear hats for the queen. Ear hats have been the hardest because only Snow White/dopey can get them for me. I’ve got the parade running now, and as a Hail Mary, I’ve got a gold chest going. (It’ll be the evil queen memorial lamp post, I’m sure) After using gems on the Alice event, characters in this event, and a couple ill fated attempts to get grumpy, I don’t have the 164 gems to buy the missing items.
I’m still going to keep trying until tomorrow morning, I might end up just buying a gem pack, which would be cheaper than the bundle. Still hoping it doesn’t come to that.

Last edited:
Got the Queen last night. I finished in 1st for the trophy event. Had to work for that one at the end. Started at the end of day 1 in 17th. Was behind the top person by about 150 trophies. It didn't feel like anyone in the top 5 was playing that hard. End of day 2 I was in fifth or sixth, end of day 3 was in 3rd but only 40ish out of 1st.

Got the 10 chests. Got 17 owls, 8 ears and 1100 EC. No Grumpy. Have 58/60 owls and 18/40 ears. Looks like Grumpy is out. Don't think the 400 gems will get the rest. The only character I don't have is Gaston. That is because my phone broke for six days during the last week of Beauty and the Beast.

This makes me sad

Just a reminder to start using up your remaining potions and clippers, or whatever the he'll they are called. Once the event is over, they all go away. You're welcome.

Do you still need the Apples to upgrade characters after the event is over? Are there different ways to get those apples post-event?

I'm not really leveling my characters so I can
maximize my EC-to-gem rate, but am sitting on an apple stockpile.

Do you still need the Apples to upgrade characters after the event is over? Are there different ways to get those apples post-event?

Yes, the apples will still be needed. The poison apple tokens turn into a 60 minute task for characters to get. Much easier than churning out clippers and potions and then running after trees!

Once the event is over most of the tasks that currently collect the clippers and potions will just collect apples instead. I don’t know if Mickey and Goofy will get apples, but you can count on the Snow White group of characters to collect the apples.

That is one of the reasons I wait to level characters until after the events are over. Much less annoying to send out a single hour task for the group item (apples in this case), rather than 4 different hour tasks to get items that then need to be converted to the group item.

You finally broke me Gameloft! I hadn't spent any money on this game and have been playing since day 1. I had around 800 gems going into this event. I bought all premium characters and the attraction. I really wanted Grumpy. This was the first event that I wasn't going to get all the characters due to Grumpy. I hate that I felt like I had to waste my gems on boxes for tokens for Grumpy. I broke down and spent $5 on gems since I was only 6 grumpy ears away after burning through all my stored up gems. I placed in all the mini events and kept Dopey and Happy on token task the whole time! I won't do it again! But they got me on this one. I just couldn't have 6 dwarves when there are 7! U got me Gameloft. Enjoy your $5. That's all u r getting from me. This event wasn't fun. Too much of a chore and too much "chance" as far as chests and Queen drops. If I bought all the premium items, it should have been "do-able" with constant game play without spending huge amounts of gems on chests.

I keep thinking that Gameloft could make the main storyline so much richer if they spent half the time on it that they spend on these silly events. Creating complicated things like clouds needing to be tapped, clippers and potions to make trees, figuring out who can get what, trying to find ways to compel people to spend $ because of artificial time limits instead of interesting characters, etc. takes up creative time that could be much better spent in my kingdom. Just my 2¢ this evening.

You finally broke me Gameloft! I hadn't spent any money on this game and have been playing since day 1. I had around 800 gems going into this event. I bought all premium characters and the attraction. I really wanted Grumpy. This was the first event that I wasn't going to get all the characters due to Grumpy. I hate that I felt like I had to waste my gems on boxes for tokens for Grumpy. I broke down and spent $5 on gems since I was only 6 grumpy ears away after burning through all my stored up gems. I placed in all the mini events and kept Dopey and Happy on token task the whole time! I won't do it again! But they got me on this one. I just couldn't have 6 dwarves when there are 7! U got me Gameloft. Enjoy your $5. That's all u r getting from me. This event wasn't fun. Too much of a chore and too much "chance" as far as chests and Queen drops. If I bought all the premium items, it should have been "do-able" with constant game play without spending huge amounts of gems on chests.
Maybe we should begin a support group. They broke me a few events ago. My name is Windwaker and I have paid for at least a few pages of the interns textbooks...

I keep thinking that Gameloft could make the main storyline so much richer if they spent half the time on it that they spend on these silly events. Creating complicated things like clouds needing to be tapped, clippers and potions to make trees, figuring out who can get what, trying to find ways to compel people to spend $ because of artificial time limits instead of interesting characters, etc. takes up creative time that could be much better spent in my kingdom. Just my 2¢ this evening.
I 100% agree. This game has become more about random events instead of the original story. I don't even remember what Maleficent was doing the last time I saw her.

Guys please help!! For Grumpy I have collected all of his owls and 34 hats only need 6 more. No gems left. Please help as I'm very close to get him and no I won't spend any money. Thanks
Well, you could try leveling up some characters before the event ends. I know it's late but aim for those on lower levels so they'll level up the fastest. You get a couple of gems every time you level up someone.

I have 6 hours to decide if i want to buy gems to get the remaining 8 grumpy hats i'm missing...BUT i think ill wait, pay the potions and send the queen and dopey off on quests

Friggin' Gameloft interns. Grrrrr.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter