Disney Magic Kingdoms

There was an app update for the game in the Apple App Store this morning, in case anyone hasn't seen it. Other than screwing up the calendar for me, I haven't noticed any difference. The calendar, rather than counting down to 7pm ET like normal for the next daily reward, is currently for me a 24-hour counter counting down to the time I installed the update (i.e. currently 22:30:00 left). I don't see anything useful in the version notes in the app store, and no comments about it on either Facebook or the Gameloft forum. There were comments about bugs with the calendar reward thing on the Gameloft forum, so I can only guess the new update is somehow intended to fix that, but only made the system worse for me. FYI

Based on what people are saying on facebook, it looks like the update changed the calendar reward time to 7am PST for everyone. People were complaining about getting the calendar reward before the actual day, but this update seems to just be confusing people even more.

It also updated the gem completion bonus for Peter Pan. So, we'll get another 20 gems once we finish welcoming Hook, Wendy, and Peter.

Last edited:
Hi! I’ve only been playing since the week before AIW event. Did rather poorly there but not too bad in SW. as far as the story line, I’m not sure if I’m missing something to defeat Zurg. Do I have to welcome Eve? I’ve passed that task but haven’t earned any of the items yet. I’ve just leveled Celia to 2 and welcomed Roz. So I’m working through those tasks with Mike but when I look in the Wiki I’m not sure this is right. Also didn’t welcome Pete yet-waiting on last item. Am I just impatient or have I missed a step. Thanks for any suggestions.

This is one of the questions that keeps coming up. In order to battle Zurg you must welcome Roz and Pete and also must open the land in Tomorrowland that leads to the Fantasyland portal. People want to hold off to save magic, but the game is set up that you have to do all of those things before you get to Zurg.

Just got Wendy and I have to say that that sneak peek of Peter Pan when I welcomed her must have been put there just to taunt me. She's doing a 4-hour task (I was able to get her to Level 2 right away since it took 24 hours to welcome her).

So jealous reading all the Peter Pan stuff! Still waiting to welcome Rapunzel. I did luck out on the set chests. I got Beast and an attraction from that set and got Nala and Pumba from the Lion king. Of course doing much with them is slow going.

My Wendy drops are SO bad, Hook will be maxed out at 10 before I welcome her. [Hook is at 8 half way to 9 now]

So it's Tuesday night and I'm still working on welcoming Wendy. She needs 5 more yarn balls, meanwhile Hook is working towards level 10 needing 14 hooks and 1 ear. Who's picking Hook and who's picking Wendy on my welcome/finish battle?

So it's Tuesday night and I'm still working on welcoming Wendy. She needs 5 more yarn balls, meanwhile Hook is working towards level 10 needing 14 hooks and 1 ear. Who's picking Hook and who's picking Wendy on my welcome/finish battle?

I'll go with you on Hook, as I just put him at level 7 and I also need 4 yarn/needle things for Wendy. I hope the next add of characters isn't until April!

For what it's worth, 24 hours into working on Peter Pan, and his drops are much worse for me than Wendy so far. So at least we all have that to look forward to. :-)
I guess he would have to be. Once you welcome him, and build the Lost Boys Hideout, that is the end of this massive expansion to the storyline.

I saw that update, but because of this post, I'm not updating until there's a valid reason and so far there isn't. I feel like IF we get another event it'll be March probably, because we need TIME, LOTS OF TIME, for Peter Pan. It's absurd!
Although since Peter Pan is main storyline, we don't technically need any time for him. And it wouldn't be the first time we have had an event with the main storyline still in progress...

There was an app update for the game in the Apple App Store this morning, in case anyone hasn't seen it. Other than screwing up the calendar for me, I haven't noticed any difference. The calendar, rather than counting down to 7pm ET like normal for the next daily reward, is currently for me a 24-hour counter counting down to the time I installed the update (i.e. currently 22:30:00 left). I don't see anything useful in the version notes in the app store, and no comments about it on either Facebook or the Gameloft forum. There were comments about bugs with the calendar reward thing on the Gameloft forum, so I can only guess the new update is somehow intended to fix that, but only made the system worse for me. FYI
Interns? Game bugs? Nah. Not possible.

Newbie here. Not sure what happened but I welcomed Wendy 3 days ago and haven’t had one yarn drop since. Just can’t get her to level 2. I don’t have the Jolly Roger but have 3 people plus the float running nonstop. Hook is at level 8, and I’m still working on a few hooks. Are the drops really this bad?

Got this but worse. After collecting my daily reward last night, I ran the update, mostly hoping maybe they changed the Wendy drop rates with an update so soon after an expansion. To my discredit, I didn't think to re-check my daily reward countdown. Opened the app this morning, and my countdown was at 23h+. So no daily reward for me today, it's only a bronze chest but I'm more annoyed at what this could potentially do to my login streak.

So yea, avoid this update until you hear otherwise.

Got this but worse. After collecting my daily reward last night, I ran the update, mostly hoping maybe they changed the Wendy drop rates with an update so soon after an expansion. To my discredit, I didn't think to re-check my daily reward countdown. Opened the app this morning, and my countdown was at 23h+. So no daily reward for me today, it's only a bronze chest but I'm more annoyed at what this could potentially do to my login streak.

that's a bummer - hopefully not though or at least the "make up " think they have where you can watch an add to get the missed daily reward works

I collected mine last night and updated this morning. The counter was showing just over a couple of hours - which would have ended at 8:00am MST. I thought yippee! I will get the next reward sooner! No such luck!

After reading your post, I went to check. I didn’t get a reward and the counter is 22hrs and some minutes - counting down to tomorrow morning at 8:00am MST.

Not sure what is going on, but I did finish a streak yesterday and should have started the next one today. Hopefully it will just start a new one tomorrow and not think I missed collecting today. Especially since it’s showing a 20 gem reward for a ten day streak.

Newbie here. Not sure what happened but I welcomed Wendy 3 days ago and haven’t had one yarn drop since. Just can’t get her to level 2. I don’t have the Jolly Roger but have 3 people plus the float running nonstop. Hook is at level 8, and I’m still working on a few hooks. Are the drops really this bad?
As soon soon as my last hook dropped, I was able to get 2 yarns. I guess I’ll leave Hook ready to level up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter