• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Magic Kingdoms

I bought the other attraction about 2 weeks ago...not happy in my decision now.

Me too. I already had Fairy Godmother ready for 10 but figured I’d get Primeval Whirl if only for the fact that it drops gold trophies for the mini event. Pretty sure all my Pirates characters will be ready for 10 by the time I save up enough for the Organ lol.

Windows update is live. But I had to go into the Store, and into my "Check for Updates" before it actually found it.

Interesting I play on an ipad mini and I don't get the update until tomorrow.

Went back into the app store and tried opening from there. It asked if I wanted to update, so I said yes. Now I have the updated version. Tricky as I checked the app store earlier to see if there was an update.

Was just gonna ask if anyone knew what the Minnie Mouse bow and hats were for. I checked her costumes 5 minutes ago and was nothing there, but when I just checked now the pirate dress was available. Weird.

I knew they were adding some costumes, but I thought they were all gonna be Legendary chest, aka items I ignore. :rotfl: Sadly it looks like Minnie is something you collect for. The bow and hats are fine since you can collect them.The problem is with the fabric, as of right now the only way to get them is from Merlin’s shop, or Davy Jones. Hope the dress isn’t necessarily for anything, because I have no interest in it right now.

Float alert: Pirates float has tokens again and Tangled float has Minnie Bows.

Debating if now is a good time to spend 195 gems in my IOS game to open the last parade slot. I want them all open eventually for the gem earning potential. But buying it will leave me gem poor. But we just finished an event where we bought premium items. These Dark Tower events don’t, right?

Interesting I play on an ipad mini and I don't get the update until tomorrow.

Went back into the app store and tried opening from there. It asked if I wanted to update, so I said yes. Now I have the updated version. Tricky as I checked the app store earlier to see if there was an update.

I have a Mini and installed the update around 2:30 pm. Granted I was out most of the day so I wasn't able to check on it.

I caved and tried to chest Davey Jones - no luck! So disappointing! I did however get Splash Mountain - maybe over time I'll be able to collect him? I"m such a completionist!
I tried too and failed but I did get Zootopia Racetrack!

Still magic poor at 300k with Mother Gothel in my near future.

Love that PoTC is getting rounded out. Love Adventureland! Spent two hours last night trying to get all my characters out earning magic for min 2-4h tasks while keeping some attractions in storage nice I am land poor too. I can’t afford the final Tomorrowland or either plot behind Small World.

Last edited:
I tried too and failed but I did get Zootopia Racetrack!

Still magic poor at 300k with Mother Gothel in my near future.

Love that PoTC is getting rounded out. Love Adventureland! Spent two hours last night trying to get all my characters out earning magic for min 2-4h tasks while keeping some attractions in storage nice I am land poor too. I can’t afford the final Tomorrowland or either plot behind Small World.

So I personally knew I had a few extra dollars tucked away and did the chest bundle one more time. It was making me nuts to not have Davy Jones. When it comes to characters I am a completionist. I could give a list of things I don't have and when it comes to those buildings, decorations, attractions, costumes, and parade floats, I'm totally fine with not having any of those things. I MUST have the characters. There might be something wrong with me.

That being said - I used @hopemax's theory of no whammies, and it worked so THANK YOU @hopemax

For gathering magic - it's going to take you a while, but hang in there. It does happen and then once you get enough characters it happens really quickly! It seems to work best with 4 hour tasks and staggering them. At least that has worked for me. I wish you nothing but luck and know that I used to be in your position and with this new update and land I might be in that position again very soon! Know that becoming land rich and magic rich IS achievable, AND that having things in your park squashed close together, while it doesn't look nice, it makes everything fit in the space and for me personally, that is more important I think.

@supernova @mmmears can testify to being magic rich, they are both fabulous at it and @lmmatooki can testify to putting everything into your park.

Happy playing to all!!!!!

So I personally knew I had a few extra dollars tucked away and did the chest bundle one more time. It was making me nuts to not have Davy Jones. When it comes to characters I am a completionist. I could give a list of things I don't have and when it comes to those buildings, decorations, attractions, costumes, and parade floats, I'm totally fine with not having any of those things. I MUST have the characters. There might be something wrong with me.

That being said - I used @hopemax's theory of no whammies, and it worked so THANK YOU @hopemax

For gathering magic - it's going to take you a while, but hang in there. It does happen and then once you get enough characters it happens really quickly! It seems to work best with 4 hour tasks and staggering them. At least that has worked for me. I wish you nothing but luck and know that I used to be in your position and with this new update and land I might be in that position again very soon! Know that becoming land rich and magic rich IS achievable, AND that having things in your park squashed close together, while it doesn't look nice, it makes everything fit in the space and for me personally, that is more important I think.

@supernova @mmmears can testify to being magic rich, they are both fabulous at it and @lmmatooki can testify to putting everything into your park.

Happy playing to all!!!!!

Magic is a subject that I can speak too currently or not having any. After welcoming Shera Kahn and Wendy and building whatever was required, I am just starting to collect towards Peter Pan which will take awhile for tokens and magic. I won’t be opening any new land but I am okay at the moment. I did just spend all I had collected with Merlin on the Jolly Roger so all in good time.

I suppose it's they're not so baaaaad once ewe get accustomed to them.

You don't want to hear my thoughts on Android phones (or their lack of security). I'll play nice and say that I like my iPhone and have no intention to switch, and you can keep your Android and we can all get along. :goodvibes

Well, nothing new is happening in my kingdom. I'm annoyed that they are making me choose between finishing my BH6 and working on Pirates. Way to draw it out, interns. Otherwise, I'm happy having Adventureland open, and I have no plans to drop some cash on those chests. I do not want to send a signal to the interns that this is the way they should design the game. I rarely do well with the chests when I find them in my park - still waiting for that dumb Bambi attraction I don't really need anymore yet I have lots of planters, flags, etc. I guess that's why I have plenty of stuff to feed Merlin's cauldron.

Also, anyone else think that the amount of elixir required for the costumes is crazy? I have a lot, and have had nothing to spend it on for a long time, yet there's no way I have enough for 60 fabric pieces at 800 elixirs each.

I like my Android and not too fond of the IOS. Nice y'all have the update. Nothing for me yet. I did watch the stream. I did get a laugh when the started an event and finished it right away so we can see the animation. To see them having little magic and over 83K in gems :lmao:

I enjoyed the last tower challenge. We'll see what this one brings and enjoy having fun with it. No pressure. I get what I can get.

If they aren't limited time then we can collect them at our leieure.

Yes, definitely. I was concerned that it might be limited since they like to throw a wrench into my best laid plans.

ETA - we will be traveling soon (during this tower thing) and I'm concerned about needing to be on wi-fi.

Me too. I already had Fairy Godmother ready for 10 but figured I’d get Primeval Whirl if only for the fact that it drops gold trophies for the mini event. Pretty sure all my Pirates characters will be ready for 10 by the time I save up enough for the Organ lol.
Agreed! My fairy godmother is also at 10 haha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter