Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 711800

Disney has announced that Fantasmic will reopen on November 3, 2022 at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Here’s the announcement:

“Welcome to Fantasmic! …

I know a lot of people have been waiting a long time to hear those iconic words again. That’s why I could not be more excited to share that “Fantasmic!” returns to Disney’s Hollywood Studios on Nov. 3.

Back and better than ever, the larger-than-life, open-air nighttime musical will boast the live performers, stunning effects, rousing music and dazzling pyrotechnics you know and love – complete with a brand-new show sequence!

“Through this entire sequence, we go on a journey with our heroes. We see them faced with a decision, and how hard that can be for them, then watch as they find that strength within themselves to push through in a truly spectacular way,” says Disney Live Entertainment Show Director, Matthew Hamel.

And spectacular it is. The new heroes sequence features a high-energy Aladdin chase with stunts never before seen on the “Fantasmic!” stage, a powerful scene with Elsa set to the song “Show Yourself” that is sure to thaw the most frozen of hearts, and stirring moments with Pocahontas, Moana and Mulan. Fun fact: To help choreograph the authentic Chinese martial arts you’ll see in Mulan’s scene, the creative team brought in Mimi Chan – the original muse and model animators used when bringing the character of Mulan to life for the 1998 animated film.

“We know this show means so much to people, and we’ve kept that in mind every step of this journey.” says Disney Live Entertainment Producer, Laurice Marier. “Even beyond the new scene, we’ve taken this time to upgrade the lasers, the lighting, the sound, all to bring this show back even more beautiful than it’s ever been. We’re all really just so excited for guests to see it.”

And not just our guests – our cast members are also thrilled about the return of “Fantasmic!”. To celebrate the homecoming of this beloved show, Walt Disney World cast members will be among the first to see “Fantasmic!” with special previews … so, to all my cast member friends, stay tuned! We’ll share more about that later.

So, will the powers of Mickey’s incredible imagination still be strong enough, and bright enough, to withstand the evil forces that invade Mickey’s dreams? We are about to find out. See you there!

And don’t miss out! Beginning Oct. 26, “Fantasmic!” dining packages for select restaurants at Disney’s Hollywood Studios will be available for performances Nov. 30 and beyond.

Fantasmic! Dining Package Locations and Prices

Disney World has released more details about the Fantasmic dining packages that will be available to book on October 26th for performance dates starting November 30th. Here are the Fantasmic Dining Package locations and prices:

Dining Packages and Prices​

Here’s what’s included in each Fantasmic! Dining Package:

• An entrée and appetizer or dessert at select full-service restaurants or one (1) full buffet (where applicable), along with a non-alcoholic beverage
  • One voucher for guaranteed seating at Fantasmic! in a reserved area
Explore participating restaurants and dining package prices, which exclude tax and gratuity:

Dining Location
Adults
(ages 10 & up)
Kids
(Ages 9 & Under)
50’s Prime Time Cafe
Classic American comfort food, ’50s kitsch and a good old-fashioned family gathering take you back to a bygone era.
$51.00$22.00
Hollywood & Vine
Celebrate breakfast with Disney Junior Stars or enjoy lunch and dinner with Minnie and friends at seasonal dining parties.
Breakfast:$54.00
Lunch & Dinner:$71.00
Breakfast:$36.00
Lunch & Dinner:$47.00
Mama Melrose’s Ristorante Italiano
Mangia in the backlot of Disney’s Hollywood Studios at this casual but colorful Italian eatery with a California twist.
$54.00$22.00
Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant
Do dinner and a show ’50s-style at our drive-in “theater,” featuring all-American cuisine and sci-fi movie clips.
$49.00$22.00
The Hollywood Brown Derby
Step into the Golden Age of Hollywood at this warm, wood-paneled restaurant serving contemporary American cuisine.
$73.00$29.00
What am I missing? Does Fantasmic start on November 3rd or 30th??? I'm assuming the 30th is a typo?

It probably has to do with restaurant availability. If they're all booked up already, they can't really offer packages except to those who already hold reservations.
Makes sense. I know (or I assume, at least) that they have held-back ADRs at HS in the first few weeks of December, because nothing at all was available even at 60+4. I'm guessing this is why.

Fantasmic! Dining Package Locations and Prices

Disney World has released more details about the Fantasmic dining packages that will be available to book on October 26th for performance dates starting November 30th. Here are the Fantasmic Dining Package locations and prices:

Dining Packages and Prices​

Here’s what’s included in each Fantasmic! Dining Package:

• An entrée and appetizer or dessert at select full-service restaurants or one (1) full buffet (where applicable), along with a non-alcoholic beverage
  • One voucher for guaranteed seating at Fantasmic! in a reserved area
Explore participating restaurants and dining package prices, which exclude tax and gratuity:

Dining Location
Adults
(ages 10 & up)
Kids
(Ages 9 & Under)
50’s Prime Time Cafe
Classic American comfort food, ’50s kitsch and a good old-fashioned family gathering take you back to a bygone era.
$51.00$22.00
Hollywood & Vine
Celebrate breakfast with Disney Junior Stars or enjoy lunch and dinner with Minnie and friends at seasonal dining parties.
Breakfast:$54.00
Lunch & Dinner:$71.00
Breakfast:$36.00
Lunch & Dinner:$47.00
Mama Melrose’s Ristorante Italiano
Mangia in the backlot of Disney’s Hollywood Studios at this casual but colorful Italian eatery with a California twist.
$54.00$22.00
Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant
Do dinner and a show ’50s-style at our drive-in “theater,” featuring all-American cuisine and sci-fi movie clips.
$49.00$22.00
The Hollywood Brown Derby
Step into the Golden Age of Hollywood at this warm, wood-paneled restaurant serving contemporary American cuisine.
$73.00$29.00
Sci-Fi!?! That's new! It was already really difficult to get an ADR there.

I have a lunch reservation for H&V on Dec 15th. Would I be able to tell the CM the we would like seating for F! (and pay accordingly) or do you think I would need to rebook the dining package specifically?
You will need to rebook like @TheOneWithTheTriplets mentioned. It was a completely different ADR like the Epcot theater packages. It is capped at a certain number per night and isn't an add-on.

Pre pandemic it was fast pass/dining package/standby

Now ????
It will be interesting to see how/IF this works with Genie+. Can you book it first thing in the morning to hold onto for the entire day? I was always afraid to book my FP+ too late while I was picking up rides for my night in DHS.

Harmonious was never added to Genie+ in Epcot. Fantasmic! may not be needed with the Genie+ allocation cap vs FP+

Hollywood Studios Passholder Park Passes No Longer Available for Return of Fantasmic

With the announcement that Fantasmic would be returning November 3rd, Disney World Annual Passholders flocked to make Disney Park Pass reservations for Hollywood Studios that day. As of publish time, Hollywood Studios park passes are no longer available for Annual Passholders on November 3rd. Of course, Passholders could always park hop over to Disney’s Hollywood Studios to catch the return performance of Fantasmic, unless Disney restricts park hopping – something they haven’t done with the exception of Magic Kingdom for a few hours on October 1, 2021.

Hollywood Studios Passholder Park Passes No Longer Available for Return of Fantasmic

With the announcement that Fantasmic would be returning November 3rd, Disney World Annual Passholders flocked to make Disney Park Pass reservations for Hollywood Studios that day. As of publish time, Hollywood Studios park passes are no longer available for Annual Passholders on November 3rd. Of course, Passholders could always park hop over to Disney’s Hollywood Studios to catch the return performance of Fantasmic, unless Disney restricts park hopping – something they haven’t done with the exception of Magic Kingdom for a few hours on October 1, 2021.
Vloggers gotta vlog.

I see a lot of comments about the characters and the staffing. I have major sympathy for this staffing challenge. I did the keys to the kingdom tour this week, and the guide told us the character positions are hard to fill, and even harder since covid. Most are already working over time. I know know huge corporation, who makes tons of money, they can pay.

But honestly I think characters is a grueling job, and I think staffing inside at meals is easier then meets in the park. An outside character can only be on stage for 20 minutes at a time, inside is a bit longer I think 30/40? But still, it’s much easier to staff a meal for a 5 hour shift, then an all day meet with 2/4 doors per meet.

I personally love character meals over meets in the park, and I know the cost is more and frankly it’s getting cost prohibitive but I see why they are learning towards meals over meets.

However per our tour guide, you're either a performer character or a meet character those are mostly not interchangeable. Some exceptions of course, but for the most part.

Not positive on my exact point here but some food for thought I guess.
Except maybe Disney should have thought about the future & furloughed those employees instead of letting them go.

For all the folks who have the D23 3-year Disney+ subscriptions that were supposed to be renewing at $69.99/yr, that has now been increased to $79.99/yr. Check your accounts. And, to add insult to injury...that's not the Ad free version rate. We will no longer be getting Disney+ Ad Free. See screenshot of my chat with customer service.
Screen Shot 2022-10-19 at 3.32.21 PM.png

For all the folks who have the D23 3-year Disney+ subscriptions that were supposed to be renewing at $69.99/yr, that has now been increased to $79.99/yr. Check your accounts. And, to add insult to injury...that's not the Ad free version rate. We will no longer be getting Disney+ Ad Free. See screenshot of my chat with customer service.

View attachment 711847

Mine does now show $79.99 for the year. There is no option to change to ad-free at all that I can see. I honestly am not that worried about the price, but I would like to renew for the year, ad-free.

View attachment 711847
My billing date is Nov 12. If at that point I am charged and rolled into the ad supported version, I'm going to raise hell. The price isn't that big a deal, but the ads are. I didn't opt into them and don't want them.

Mine does now show $79.99 for the year. There is no option to change to ad-free at all that I can see. I honestly am not that worried about the price, but I would like to renew for the year, ad-free.
You'll probably need to call to change to the ad free $10.99/month. You can't pay for the entire year either. I guess they want to be able to raise the rate on demand.

EDIT: You can change to the bundle and that includes the Ad-free Disney+ and the Ad supported HULU and ESPN for 14.99/month. Also no way to pay for the entire year though. So you can't lock in that price for more than a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter