• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same. I can't figure out why they haven't brought the characters like Mickey who are in complete suits back at this point, I would think risk would be pretty low.
I feel the same! I am all for cast member safety but if we're going with CDC recommendations, close contact is 15 min exposures. I can't remember ever taking 15 min of hugs with Mickey. We don't go back until September but it'll be our little's 1st birthday so fingers crossed she can meet come characters!

Same. I can't figure out why they haven't brought the characters like Mickey who are in complete suits back at this point, I would think risk would be pretty low.
Personally, I feel like there is a checklist they have to go through before they reintroduce certain things. I think easing the mask requirement, as they are doing tomorrow, comes before some of these other things. Not that the risk changes any, just that that's the order they are going to change things in. Just my guess though. We just get to play the waiting game.

I would guess when they bring meet and greets fully back to the way they were they want to bring it all back under one policy and not have it be different based upon which character you are meeting.

Last edited:

Announcing Storyliving by Disney: New Business to Develop Residential Communities

I have some big news to share! As more fans look for new ways to make Disney a bigger part of their lives, today we are announcing plans to introduce Storyliving by Disney, vibrant new neighborhoods that are infused with our special brand of magic. Each community will feature distinctively designed spaces, unique amenities and Disney’s brand of world-renowned service. At each location, including some neighborhoods for residents ages 55+, Disney cast members trained in the company’s legendary guest service will operate the community association. Through a club membership, Disney will also provide access to curated experiences, such as wellness programming; entertainment ranging from live performances to cooking classes; philanthropic endeavors; seminars and much more.

I think this will fail because of being in California. Would have worked if they built first one in Lake Nona and also would be close to WDW.

"Through a club membership, ... " Disney is now approaching real estate speculation with cash flow coming from club membership funding the clubhouses and oh yes, the community association fees! Surprised that Disney projects enough revenue to just the investment.

Announcing Storyliving by Disney: New Business to Develop Residential Communities

I have some big news to share! As more fans look for new ways to make Disney a bigger part of their lives, today we are announcing plans to introduce Storyliving by Disney, vibrant new neighborhoods that are infused with our special brand of magic. Each community will feature distinctively designed spaces, unique amenities and Disney’s brand of world-renowned service. At each location, including some neighborhoods for residents ages 55+, Disney cast members trained in the company’s legendary guest service will operate the community association. Through a club membership, Disney will also provide access to curated experiences, such as wellness programming; entertainment ranging from live performances to cooking classes; philanthropic endeavors; seminars and much more.

If you thought the average HOA was a problem, just wait for this to get going. 🙄

I think this will fail because of being in California. Would have worked if they built first one in Lake Nona and also would be close to WDW.
Interesting take. I was surprised at the location for the first one but I wouldn't go so far as to say it would fail there.

Does anybody else get a deja vue feeling here? Celebration?

Last edited:

Will they charge a fee for parking in your driveway? 😄

Great - yet another DISNEY thing I can't afford. :sad1:

This is unfortunately true for many and there are also others that would add this to the list of Disney things they don't want to afford. Interesting to see this unfold.
Even if I could afford, I don't think I would ever get my wife to go along. I'm certain she would decide that there is enough Disney in our lives and that's a bridge too far.

Even if I could afford, I don't think I would ever get my wife to go along. I'm certain she would decide that there is enough Disney in our lives and that's a bridge too far.
Yes, a lot of variables in each person's Disney equation here! Everyone would definitely need to be on the same page with this one.

Although it hasn’t been reported on any of the blogs I go on, I received a 3rd party ticket seller email saying select Disney World Ticket Prices have gone up.

I think G+ hikes will follow very soon. I was on the fence about it for my trip later this year, but may just lock in G+ for the entire trip before they raise that

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter