Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

Are they going to change the decorations for The Walt Disney Co. 100th anniversary?
Right now the only certainty is EPCOT will get the main decor for it. It’s likely that each of the other parks get banners or something, but nothing has been officially announced other than the celebration of Disney100 will be more focused at EPCOT.

Does anyone know if Spaceship Earth is still being lit at night (Beacons of Magic) since the 50th ended?

Does it feel like it’s too soon for a Moana remake? At least all of the other remakes have been from before 2000 so far but already remaking a 2016 movie instead of a sequel feels like overkill
Yes. But life goes on, people will tune into it, until they don’t.

Does it feel like its too soon for a Moana remake? At least all of the other remakes have been from before 2000 so far but already remaking a 2016 movie instead of a sequel feels like overkill
You make a good point. But I think we’re running out of pre-2000 movies to turn into live action

Does it feel like its too soon for a Moana remake? At least all of the other remakes have been from before 2000 so far but already remaking a 2016 movie instead of a sequel feels like overkill
I agree but these remakes are safe bets for Disney. I bet right now they want to make movies that are guaranteed hits vs. taking risks and making something more "out there".

I agree but these remakes are safe bets for Disney. I bet right now they want to make movies that are guaranteed hits vs. taking risks and making something more "out there".
That's true, and I'll probably watch The Little Mermaid when it's on Disney+, it just feels like what is the point of making an animated movie to then remake it a few years later shot for shot. I like those that add extra to the film, but the shot for shot remakes don't interest me

I wouldn't mind some remakes of the 60s and 70s live-action movies. I really don't like live-action remakes of animated films - worse for me was dalmatians.

I would love a live-action of Hercules though!
Ooh, can we remake Cat From Outer Space?? I remember watching that on VHS when I was a kid

Also, they’re only allowed to do a live-action Hercules if Danny DeVito still stars as Phil

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter