Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

https://cordcuttersnews.com/disney-may-shut-down-in-some-countries-as-disney-looks-to-cut-costs/

Disney+ May Shut Down In Some Countries As Disney Looks to Cut Costs​

By
Luke Bouma
on
August 11, 2023
in
All News, News

During Disney’s earnings call this week, Bob Iger was asked about Disney’s plans for Disney+ international. Here is what Disney+ had to say about this:

We actually have been looking at multiple markets around the world with an eye toward prioritizing those that are going to help us turn this business into a profitable business. What that basically means is there are some markets that we will invest less in local programming but still maintain the service. There are some markets that we may not have a service at all. And there are others that we’ll consider, I’ll call it, high-potential markets where we’ll invest nicely for local programming, marketing and basically full-service content in those markets.
Basically, what I’m saying is not all markets are created equal. And in terms of our march to profitability, one of the ways we believe we’re going to do that is by creating priorities internationally.
You can read the full transcript HERE.

This is big news if you live outside of the United States. For some, this will mean less original content, and for others, this will mean they could lose Disney+ altogether.

In the past, Disney would sell rights to its content in different countries. It could be Disney is looking for ways to become more profitable by selling its shows to larger streaming services in unprofitable areas. Cutting back on original content for other countries could also help it reduce its losses but still offer the service.

This all comes as Disney is losing money on streaming. This week Disney reported that its direct-to-consumer business posted an operating loss of $512 million, an improvement over the $1.06 billion it lost a year ago in the fiscal third quarter. Disney has said it hopes to make Disney+ profitable soon. Reports have suggested that Disney+ would be profitable in 2024 or 2025. Though Bob Iger has said, he is working hard to make Disney+ profitable as soon as possible.

At this time, Disney has not said what countries it is considering shutting down or cutting back in.

New ‘LEGO Disney Princesses: The Castle Quest’ Special Coming to Disney+, Original Voice Actors Returning

The following actors are reprising their original roles: Anika Noni Rose as Tiana, Auli’i Cravalho as Moana, Jodi Benson as Ariel, and Mandy Moore as Rapunzel. Snow White will be voiced by the current actor, Katie Von Till, as the original actor Adriana Caselotti passed away in 1997.

Also reprising original roles are Richard White as Gaston and Jo Ann Worley as Armoire the Wardrobe. Jim Cummings will reprise his role as King Triton, which he took over from Kenneth Mars. Corey Burton will voice the Magic Mirror as he does in Fantasmic! at the Disney Parks.

The special premieres on August 18, 2023.

In a beverage update the Black Caf Cold Brew Coffee at Galaxy’s Edge in Hollywood Studios has switched from Cocoa Puffs to Cocoa Krispies

View attachment 785066

Disney Food Blog

Well, if they were Cocoa Pebbles, that would be the best. Pebbles are the superior cereal, though I am more on Team Fruity. Cocoa is good too. I don't like coffee, but I feel like the smaller cereal peices are better for a drink.

Well, if they were Cocoa Pebbles, that would be the best. Pebbles are the superior cereal, though I am more on Team Fruity. Cocoa is good too. I don't like coffee, but I feel like the smaller cereal peices are better for a drink.

Same, the coffee was a big disappointment to me when I tried it in February.

Geyser Point Bar & Grill Refurbishment Begins On August 23 at Disney's Wilderness Lodge

The following locations will have temporary operating hours on August 23 to accommodate this project:  
  • Dining and bar areas of Geyser Point Bar & Grill: 4-11 p.m. 
  • To-Go window: noon-11 p.m.  
  • Territory Lounge: 11 a.m.-10 p.m. 

While there shouldn't be additional changes to Food & Beverage operating hours, Guests may see or hear construction work in the area until work is completed in late September. 

Interesting sign outside of Walt Disney Studios park @ DLP advising Guests to visit between 3-10pm for lower crowds as too many guests are going to Disneyland Parc in the evenings. Still no timeframe for the WDS expansion but they are struggling to get a balance between the two parks in terms of attendance
DLP Report
1692036763864.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter