Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

I expected more from the treehouse. It was closed for so long. Did they had handicap access? There will be an initial rush to see the updated version and then it will quickly return to an A ticket attraction that just takes up space. That said, it is sandwiched between POC and Indy, so there probably isn't much they can put there. I'm surprised they didn't add food or dining tables (for Bengal BBQ) on the ground floor. It would be cool to dine under the treehouse.
They have replaced all the wood in the tree as it was rotting. They have also added semi-handicap access with the art studio downstairs showing "art" of the different rooms

Rumor: Walt Disney World is fixing dining reservation hassles with two new features

According to sources familiar with the upgrades, new features will include availability notifications for fully booked restaurants and the ability to search a date range for reservations.

Disney is yet to announce the upgrades officially, but we understand that some of the new features are expected before the end of the year, with more to come in 2024. Disney recently rolled-out another upgrade to let guests view all available reservation time slots for each restaurant on a given date. The system previously only showed a few available slots based on a specified timeframe.

Availability Alerts

You will soon be able to set alerts for when availability opens up at restaurants that show no availability on your selected date.

Currently, guests have to manually keep checking for an opening or rely on a third-party service to do the work for them. The new notification system will send you an alert via My Disney Experience when a reservation opens up, and you will then be able to book it through the usual methods. The reservation will not be made for you automatically however, so you may be competing with other guests who have setup availability alerts for the same restaurant and date.

Date Range Search

When searching for dining reservations, you will soon be able to choose a date range. This update will allow guests to specify a start and end date for their trip, and the system will identify when the restaurant is available during that time frame. The existing system requires the guests to manually search through each individual date, looking for any available reservation slots.

Rumor: Walt Disney World is fixing dining reservation hassles with two new features

According to sources familiar with the upgrades, new features will include availability notifications for fully booked restaurants and the ability to search a date range for reservations.

Disney is yet to announce the upgrades officially, but we understand that some of the new features are expected before the end of the year, with more to come in 2024. Disney recently rolled-out another upgrade to let guests view all available reservation time slots for each restaurant on a given date. The system previously only showed a few available slots based on a specified timeframe.

Availability Alerts

You will soon be able to set alerts for when availability opens up at restaurants that show no availability on your selected date.

Currently, guests have to manually keep checking for an opening or rely on a third-party service to do the work for them. The new notification system will send you an alert via My Disney Experience when a reservation opens up, and you will then be able to book it through the usual methods. The reservation will not be made for you automatically however, so you may be competing with other guests who have setup availability alerts for the same restaurant and date.

Date Range Search

When searching for dining reservations, you will soon be able to choose a date range. This update will allow guests to specify a start and end date for their trip, and the system will identify when the restaurant is available during that time frame. The existing system requires the guests to manually search through each individual date, looking for any available reservation slots.

These would both be amazing to have, though it will increase competition for slots. A lot of people don't know about the third-party reservation finders that have always been my secret weapon.

Availability Alerts

Date Range Search

Hope those come to DLR app too.

We haven’t lost the magic but have redesigned it. Our trips are completely different now. DVC owners for over 20 years and have seen many changes,
we’ve just gone with the flow. Annual passes allow access whenever we want so we don’t have a need to constantly visit the parks. Rose and Crown is always a daily stop.

Similar, but also local a lot of the time. It's still great, just hoping for continued expansion.

Popped into AK just now for a couple hours. Always a great visit.

Polish_20231025_171542188.jpg

Also on this point, I had a ticket to the first Christmas last year, which also coincided with a bunch of pre-hurricane rain, and I was able to go to the ticket window at MK and get it refunded before the party.

I always tell people to call, or if you're at the parks, talk to someone, explain your situation, and be polite, no matter what the policy says. Disney is almost always willing to work with you, they don't want unhappy Customers.

After 60 years, the TARDIS is landing on #DisneyPlus! Stream three #DoctorWho Original specials starting November 25.
Disney+ Twitter
kermit-windstorm.gif

I always tell people to call, or if you're at the parks, talk to someone, explain your situation, and be polite, no matter what the policy says. Disney is almost always willing to work with you, they don't want unhappy Customers.
Yep. The only reason I went to the ticket window instead of calling is because I thought I was going to have a break in the rain and be able to go to the party, because it wasn’t raining at Coronado. But it was POURING at MK, so I changed my mind.

That was a lousy ending to that trip—I almost didn’t make it out of Orlando—my plane was the second-to-last one to take off from MCO before they shut down.

Fantasy Springs at Tokyo DisneySea Opens June 6, 2024; Standby Pass or Paid Entry Required to Experience New Attractions

The Oriental Land Company announced today that Fantasy Springs, the massive new eighth port at Tokyo DisneySea, will officially open on Thursday, June 6, 2024. They had previously given a spring 2024 opening timeline for the heavily anticipated new land featuring Frozen, Peter Pan, and Tangled attractions, as well as a new resort hotel.

Tokyo Disney Resort also announced that in order to visit Fantasy Springs and experience its attractions, guests will need to either obtain a Standby Pass or purchase Disney Premier Access.

Standby Pass is available on the Tokyo Disney Resort App, and guests can obtain a Standby Pass free of charge after entering the Park. Guests will be able to experience any of the four attractions at Fantasy Springs with a Standby Pass. Once guests obtain a Standby Pass, they will be able to enter Fantasy Springs to explore the new area and experience the selected attraction at a designated time.

Disney Premier Access is available for a fee, and guests can purchase Disney Premier Access using the Tokyo Disney Resort App after entering the Park. Guests will be able to experience three attractions at Fantasy Springs with Disney Premier Access. With Disney Premier Access for an attraction at Fantasy Springs, guests will be able to enter Fantasy Springs at a specified time to explore the new area and experience the selected attraction with a reduced wait time, offering convenience and added flexibility for those who wish to maximize their visit to this new area.

Fantasy Springs at Tokyo DisneySea Opens June 6, 2024; Standby Pass or Paid Entry Required to Experience New Attractions

The Oriental Land Company announced today that Fantasy Springs, the massive new eighth port at Tokyo DisneySea, will officially open on Thursday, June 6, 2024. They had previously given a spring 2024 opening timeline for the heavily anticipated new land featuring Frozen, Peter Pan, and Tangled attractions, as well as a new resort hotel.

Tokyo Disney Resort also announced that in order to visit Fantasy Springs and experience its attractions, guests will need to either obtain a Standby Pass or purchase Disney Premier Access.

Standby Pass is available on the Tokyo Disney Resort App, and guests can obtain a Standby Pass free of charge after entering the Park. Guests will be able to experience any of the four attractions at Fantasy Springs with a Standby Pass. Once guests obtain a Standby Pass, they will be able to enter Fantasy Springs to explore the new area and experience the selected attraction at a designated time.

Disney Premier Access is available for a fee, and guests can purchase Disney Premier Access using the Tokyo Disney Resort App after entering the Park. Guests will be able to experience three attractions at Fantasy Springs with Disney Premier Access. With Disney Premier Access for an attraction at Fantasy Springs, guests will be able to enter Fantasy Springs at a specified time to explore the new area and experience the selected attraction with a reduced wait time, offering convenience and added flexibility for those who wish to maximize their visit to this new area.
Man I’m so bummed. We’ll be there May 12-31. I wanted to see this expansion so badly and ds loves tangled

I was half asleep in a zombie like state while scrolling through the DIS and this announcement jolted me awake and I was like "YEEEESSSSS!! LET'S GOOOOO!!!"

The standby pass thing sucks but hopefully my VQ training will come in handy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter