Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2024 Edition

Does anyone know of car service to Tampa airport from wdw or has anyone ubered there from wdw?

Depending on the length of your stay and whether you need round-trip or not, you may just want to get a rental car. DH priced Lyft out at about $100-120 or so each way, and we do relatively short stays, so it’s generally cheaper for us to rent, especially now that hotel parking is free again.

Depending on the length of your stay and whether you need round-trip or not, you may just want to get a rental car. DH priced Lyft out at about $100-120 or so each way, and we do relatively short stays, so it’s generally cheaper for us to rent, especially now that hotel parking is free again.
So you can take a Lyft or Uber there from wdw? It just one way from wdw to Tpa so that’s only about double the cost of an Uber to mco.

The issue is finding someone to take that ride. Once in Tampa, the driver has to hope to snag a fare to Orlando or drive back empty on the hellscape that is I4 for no $.
Uber drivers don’t know where they’re going until they agree to accept. At least that’s how it used to be unless things have changed

Uber drivers don’t know where they’re going until they agree to accept. At least that’s how it used to be unless things have changed
It still is, but it's very common they'll cancel the ride once they see the destination. It's happened to us a lot in SoCal, in particular. Given those experiences, I wouldn't rely on Uber/Lyft to get from Tampa to Orlando.

This is still true, but they started allowing drivers to cancel for safety concerns once they see the destination. This wouldn’t be a safety concern, but the driver can refuse without penalty.
I think that there used to be some kind if retribution if you declined. But I could be wrong

Disneyland Announces 2 Shops Inspired by ‘The Princess and the Frog’
The first location, Ray’s Berets (currently The Briar Patch), will be the best place for guests to shop for headwear, apparel, accessories, toys and more with firefly Raymond and his firefly kin in the coziest cabin in Critter Country. You’re sure to light up when you see how these bayou bugs have made this home their own!
1710783014749.png

Traveling further into the land, you’ll come across Louis’ Critter Club (currently the left-hand side of Pooh Corner) where the friends of Tiana’s Bayou Adventure call this local hot spot their home away from home. Louis’ Critter Club is the place to go for apparel, accessories, home decor and more featuring some of your favorite critters and Princess Tiana!

The treats side of Pooh Corner will remain as a destination for must-have merchandise from Hundred Acre Wood, including beloved sweet treats like Tigger tails.

To make way for these exciting enhancements to the land, Critter Country will temporarily close beginning May 1, 2024.
1710783057169.png

The offices are likely for a major construction project, such as redoing Dinoland.
This is what I’ve been seeing too. Especially since that back road leads to Dinoland. That’s going to be my excuse when I spring it on DH that I’ll be heading to Disney again. Now I just need to figure out a way to schedule it around DD’s move from MN to AZ for her PhD!

They are fixing the road that leads to Dinoland. I would be surprised if Dinoland was not part of the plan.
This is what I’ve been seeing too. Especially since that back road leads to Dinoland. That’s going to be my excuse when I spring it on DH that I’ll be heading to Disney again. Now I just need to figure out a way to schedule it around DD’s move from MN to AZ for her PhD!
Pandora’s construction also had offices in the area above Kali River Rapids. It could be for DinoLand or something else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter