Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2024 Edition

Last edited:

I bet that's also why the Flower & Garden festival was shortened this year.

I figured it was just going back to its regular pre-panini timeframe. It was very rare for it to go much longer past Memorial Day before the closure, I remember the first time I ever went my birthday was the very last day.

Over at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, get into your feels with Joy herself! She’s headed to Pixar Plaza starting June 10, where she joins other Pixar stars. She’ll be in her new home just in time for Disney Pixar’s “Inside Out 2,” which premieres in theaters June 14.

Joy at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Disney Parks Blog

BREAKING: Drone Show Coming to Disney Springs Starting May 24th
https://blogmickey.com/2024/03/breaking-drone-show-coming-to-disney-springs-starting-may-24th/

At Disney Springs, drones take to the skies above Lake Buena Vista with “Disney Dreams That Soar,” a summertime experience that will be a late-night perk for visitors. “You can fly” takes on a whole new meaning as we showcase Disney stories celebrating the joy of flight with state-of-the-art drones choreographed to create designs in the sky and paired with a “soaring” musical score (see what I did there?) and memorable movie quotes. After spending a day delighting in shopping, discovering fun activities and savoring diverse flavors at Disney Springs, turn your eyes to the skies above the West Side with a show amongst the stars. “Disney Dreams That Soar” will run nightly from May 24 through Sept. 2!

Disney Parks Blog Announcement
4 New Experiences to Celebrate Summer at Walt Disney World

At Disney Springs, drones take to the skies above Lake Buena Vista with “Disney Dreams That Soar,” a summertime experience that will be a late-night perk for visitors. “You can fly” takes on a whole new meaning as we showcase Disney stories celebrating the joy of flight with state-of-the-art drones choreographed to create designs in the sky and paired with a “soaring” musical score (see what I did there?) and memorable movie quotes. After spending a day delighting in shopping, discovering fun activities and savoring diverse flavors at Disney Springs, turn your eyes to the skies above the West Side with a show amongst the stars. “Disney Dreams That Soar” will run nightly from May 24 through Sept. 2!
1711038242413.png
Over at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, get into your feels with Joy herself! She’s headed to Pixar Plaza starting June 10, where she joins other Pixar stars. She’ll be in her new home just in time for Disney Pixar’s “Inside Out 2,” which premieres in theaters June 14.
1711038258434.png
Everyone will be talking about Bruno from June 10-Sept. 6 because a new summer sing-along featuring the beloved songs and story of “Encanto” is in development now. This new limited-time show, “¡Celebración Encanto!” runs several times throughout the day and will not only invite you and your family to sing along with some of your favorite songs, but you’ll also spot Mirabel and Bruno on the newly opened CommuniCore Plaza stage.

Celebrating the evolution of EPCOT

I mentioned that this adorable, limited time show will take place on CommuniCore Plaza stage, and that will be because the last walls in the center of the park are coming down – that’s right! Beginning June 10, you’ll be able to stroll through a fully transformed EPCOT. Let me tell you a little more about what to expect.
1711038321096.png

While CommuniCore Hall will be home to the iconic EPCOT festivals and other celebrations (and we’ll definitely share more on that later!), it’ll also be a perfect cool indoor space year-round for you and your family to recharge. And speaking of cool, CommuniCore Hall will be surrounded by serene views and exciting experiences. The coolest mouse around will be ready to give you a hug once new character greeting location Mickey & Friends debuts! With its beautiful mural of all things EPCOT past and present, a geometric exterior design inspired by Spaceship Earth, and of course, Mickey Mouse and his pals, you’re sure to have a smile on your face.

If you love what we’ve already revealed of the World Celebration Gardens, you’ll be delighted by even more luscious greenery and relaxing spaces to enjoy out in CommuniCore Plaza and Inspiration Gardens. And that’s not even mentioning the more food and beverages and more entertainment to come … but we’ll have more details for you soon.
1711038403124.png

That’s right – get ready to roar at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park where the celebration for the 30thanniversary of “The Lion King” animated film will prowl throughout the entire park from June 10 through Sept. 6.
To fully embrace that “Hakuna Matata” lifestyle, head on over to Rafiki’s Planet Watch where you can once again meet Timon and Rafiki. Figuring out when these furry friends are available for hugs or advice on finding the most delicious bugs is as easy as checking out My Disney Experience. Now that’s a problem-free philosophy I can get behind!

With them retheming Dinoland to South America, what do we think the chances are that there might be a Peruvian Llama pen and/or an Emperor's New Groove attraction that they haven't yet announced?
I'm dying for another animal trail and tbqh the park could use another major one to go with Gorilla Falls and Maharajah Jungle Trek. I really hope they make one for Tropical Americas.

As far as attractions go...in discussions around the new permit that was filed for AK, there's been a lot of smoke from various insiders about the scope of the construction being bigger than what we've been assuming, and that there's going to be another big attraction past just the revamp of DinoLand. From what I've been reading in these spaces and going on past rumor cycles it sounds like there may be competing concepts for this third thing (beyond Encanto/Indy) that haven't been settled on yet.

I think Indiana Jones is the superior attraction and that Dinosaur needs a major update. That said, I think Dinosaur should stay at AK, it’s one of my fave rides and Indiana makes no sense at AK. Whereas Dinoland 100% does.
I too like dinosaur, it has a good start with all the animatronic dinos but they really cheaped out on the rest of the ride compared to Indy which is themed throughout. I think 60 percent of the interior of Dinosaur is just black walls with some vines on it and it's so dark it doesn't register since you are too busy hanging on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter