Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2024 Edition

I'm glad the lines for the best rides in Epcot are low. While everyone else rides the inferior rides, I can live with the land all day!
I do think it's funny the Maelstrom was popular, but not an impossible wait, for many years. Then you throw some Frozen characters on the ride and the line inflates. I personally preferred Maelstrom. I'm ok with them adding IP to things (like the 3 Caballeros to the Mexican ride), but I don't feel like every new land has to be themed for 1 IP. Look at Fantasyland, it's got lots of characters. That's why Villains land appeals to me. They need to keep with a broader theme.

I do think it's funny the Maelstrom was popular, but not an impossible wait, for many years. Then you throw some Frozen characters on the ride and the line inflates. I personally preferred Maelstrom. I'm ok with them adding IP to things (like the 3 Caballeros to the Mexican ride), but I don't feel like every new land has to be themed for 1 IP. Look at Fantasyland, it's got lots of characters. That's why Villains land appeals to me. They need to keep with a broader theme.

That is definitely what I would like to see. Instead of Insert-Franchise-IP-Land, I'd like to see Insert-Overall-Theme-Land, and the rides could be from a few different movies. I hope that's what they do with the MK expansion.

I don't care about IP if the ride is good enough to stand on its own. I don't feel like Frozen falls into that category so I tend to skip it. It's 1000% not worth a 1-2 hour wait.

Yes - I'd prefer MAELSTROM any day!!!

I don't care about IP if the ride is good enough to stand on its own. I don't feel like Frozen falls into that category so I tend to skip it. It's 1000% not worth a 1-2 hour wait.

Right - a good ride is a good ride, no matter the IP. Personally, I do enjoy Forezen Ever After, but it is often not worth the length of that line. If it's not sticking out of the building though I will go for it.

That is definitely what I would like to see. Instead of Insert-Franchise-IP-Land, I'd like to see Insert-Overall-Theme-Land, and the rides could be from a few different movies. I hope that's what they do with the MK expansion.
So like the upcoming Fantasy Springs in Tokyo? I'd like that, too.

It's interesting because I've seen complaints that suggest some people may want bigger themed lands. Like, "Pandora needed another ride."

The little village the line snakes through is more intricate than most of the scenes in the ride. I love Oaken's shop area.

They did do a nice job with the queue. My stepdad though, who is a contractor and installs windows and doors, was criticizing the window frames for having the transom at the top between the vertical boards. "Rain is going to get in between there!" 🤣 Yeah, it doesn't rain in here. Actually, I think he had the most fun just looking at the various doors that places have!

They did do a nice job with the queue. My stepdad though, who is a contractor and installs windows and doors, was criticizing the window frames for having the transom at the top between the vertical boards. "Rain is going to get in between there!" 🤣 Yeah, it doesn't rain in here. Actually, I think he had the most fun just looking at the various doors that places have!
If it rains in the queue they have much bigger problems than the windows...

To be honest, Maelstrom was at best ok, nothing great. It was a go to mostly because it was so different from other attractions. What probably makes this most upsetting, the replacement is just not very good. What makes this less disappointing as a grandparent is that my grand kids love it. So I guess I will take Disney's advise and "Let it go".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter