Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome back!
That's exactly what we needed! Thank you for the laugh! So nice to have you back!

Thanks so much!!!!! I miss you all, especially the dancing/laughs!!! 😂 I was just sitting there this morning finding gifs and cracking myself up!!! So I am going to start posting the news again and @HokieRaven5 said they enjoyed it so much, they’d like to continue posting alongside me! So you’ll have the two of us bringing you daily updates, and of course I’ll be the one bringing the booty shaking 😂 💃🏻 Just want to give a huge thank you to @HokieRaven5 again for all of your help while I was gone! I can’t tell you how much I appreciated everything!!!! 🤗 Looking forward to spending time with all of you again!! 💃🏻:grouphug:

Yeah that’s worthless IMO. And little kids don’t understand that they can’t hug or touch them. We will be skipping it.

What I see is that this will be similar to today's socially distanced pictures but you will be one-on-one so you won't need to get the characters attention from other guests. I have older kids so I can see us doing this, if we had a trip planned, just so we can see characters as up close as possible. I can see where this would be very difficult for little ones who don't understand that you can't hug Mickey.

Interesting article about the Disney CEO Transition in The Hollywood Reporter today:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/b...disney-exit-bob-chapek-succession-1235025504/
It definitely underscores the differences between the Bobs. I know some had their issues with him, but Iger was an extremely good CEO who understood the value of the talent and creative aspects and still delivered for stockholders. Chapek seems to be way to reliant on data, which cannot be the ultimate decision maker in a creative industry (though it certainly has its place of course). It will be interesting to see if Chapek can step up - it is admittedly a little hard to judge considering the conditions created by the pandemic. He does seem to be learning a little bit anyway, maybe too slowly though.

Last edited:
Capture Walt Disney World Resort’s 50th Anniversary Celebration with Special Disney PhotoPass Opportunities

During this 18-month celebration, Disney PhotoPass Service will be introducing even more ways for you to mark the milestone with our photographers. We’ll be introducing additional limited-time Magic Shots, props, celebratory virtual backdrops at the Disney PhotoPass Studio at Disney Springs, more complimentary wallpapers, EARidescent overlays on all of our Super Zoom Magic Shot videos, special photo effects, and much more. Stay tuned for details!

Last edited:
Interesting article about the Disney CEO Transition in The Hollywood Reporter today:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/b...disney-exit-bob-chapek-succession-1235025504/
It definitely underscores the differences between the Bobs. I know some had their issues with him, but Iger was an extremely good CEO who understood the value of the talent and creative aspects and still delivered for stockholders. Chapek seems to be way to reliant on data, which cannot be the ultimate decision maker in a creative industry (though it certainly has its place of course). It will be interesting to see if Chapek can step up - it is admittedly a little hard to judge considering the conditions created byt he pandemic. He does seem to be learning a little bit anyway, maybe too slowly though.
Really good read. Worth the time.

Thanks for posting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter