Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.

That's interesting. This is a partnership with 20th Century and a new animation house called Locksmith Animation. This is their first feature film. The deal was with Fox and they will move to Warner Bros. for distribution after this first film. Was Fox looking for a second animation house in addition to BlueSky?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Locksmith_Animation
ETA: I watched the trailer and it looks pretty good.

Last edited:
Was Fox looking for a second animation house in addition to BlueSky?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Locksmith_Animation
ETA: I watched the trailer and it looks pretty good.

Never heard of Locksmith, but it does look like Fox Animation had plans similar to Blue Sky ... until the Disney deal. Hopefully this movie turns out well and they may end up better off with Warner/Max/Discovery??? whatever. I think Disney dismantled Blue Sky, so Locksmith may be in better shape on their own

Never heard of Locksmith, but it does look like Fox Animation had plans similar to Blue Sky ... until the Disney deal. Hopefully this movie turns out well and they may end up better off with Warner/Max/Discovery??? whatever. I think Disney dismantled Blue Sky so Locksmith may be in better shape.

Yeah, they are new. They had a deal with Fox Animation but when Disney bought them I guess the contract got reassessed. They ar e abritish company. The Trailer looked pretty good really so hopefully they can be a stalwart contributer on the animation scene.

I kind of wish Disney hadn't shut down BlueSky, but they did need to find their own niche within the company. It might have beenter if Disney had just sold them.

I kind of wish Disney hadn't shut down BlueSky, but they did need to find their own niche within the company. It might have beenter if Disney had just sold them.

Yep ... Disney probably integrated some decent talent from BlueSky, but then you end up cancelling full projects that may have been interesting new IP. Not to mention eliminating an entire studio that could be producing competing films to keep Disney animation on their toes.

Yep ... Disney probably integrated some decent talent from BlueSky, but then you end up cancelling full projects that may have been interesting new IP. Not to mention eliminating an entire studio that could be producing competing films to keep Disney animation on their toes.

At the very least they could have focused them toward Disney+ - seems they've done that to Pixar instead. 😟

Is this live action version a 'modern day' re-telling? Hard to tell from the pics but it looks like they may be contemporary costumes?

Yeah, I was wondering that. She looks like she is wearing a wetsuit? Maybe it's some mocap thing but doesn't look like it. Honestly, at first I was like whaaa?..but thinking about it I would prefer that because it would be different. It's an interesting thought anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter