Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's treat "Song of The South" like it never existed. Also, where's all the great Disney channel stuff from the 90's? Why isn't Home Improvement on there? I realize they syndicated it and it's available elsewhere. But, there are a lot of properties they own that aren't available anywhere that would be perfect for D+. Most of the original content is very short: Forky's questions, One day at Disney, etc. I enjoyed the Imagineering story. But, a lot of the other documentaries were on Netflix. So, I've seen them many years ago.

Dropping everything at once doesn’t bring in, or keep subscribers as much as methodical waves of uploading content does.

Theyve treated song of the south as if it never existed since 1980. And for good reason. There’s no educational purpose of that movie. Its a movie of its time that is very controversial. It would cause far more grief and backlash from people being reminded of it, or seeing it for the first time. There are far less people that truly want to see it and see it for what it was than people that would watch it and just cause a social media stir of #DisneyIsOverParty. Yes, it happened. It’s under the Disney umbrella. But if they decided to not acknowledge it 40 years ago, then they’re 100% not going to bring it back into this climate, and they shouldn’t.

Let's treat "Song of The South" like it never existed. Also, where's all the great Disney channel stuff from the 90's? Why isn't Home Improvement on there? I realize they syndicated it and it's available elsewhere. But, there are a lot of properties they own that aren't available anywhere that would be perfect for D+. Most of the original content is very short: Forky's questions, One day at Disney, etc. I enjoyed the Imagineering story. But, a lot of the other documentaries were on Netflix. So, I've seen them many years ago.
SOTS exists and I was watching it today. Disney+ is a perfect space for a discussion on all that folks find controversial but who knows if that shall occur. I wish they would entertain the idea though. I’d like to see some of the Disney shows from the very early days of the Disney channel or at least some they have archived. That stuff is something I hunt down on YT all the time.

Attachments

• 927559AE-3210-4EE8-8695-E8C6DA124909.jpeg
    927559AE-3210-4EE8-8695-E8C6DA124909.jpeg
    88.7 KB · Views: 22
SOTS exists and I was watching it today. Disney+ is a perfect space for a discussion on all that folks find controversial but who knows if that shall occur. I wish they would entertain the idea though. I’d like to see some of the Disney shows from the very early days of the Disney channel or at least some they have archived. That stuff is something I hunt down on YT all the time.

We were never promised Song of the South. I’m fact, I think it’s pretty clear that as long as Bob Iger has anything to do with TWDC we will not see that title (legally) again. Home Improvement is more of a Hulu title IMO, I swore it used to be there but I don’t see it there now.

No doubt Disney+ should have had more scripted launch or shortly after launch original programming, and that’s on them. But their public statements on the matter indicate that they know that and are trying to fix it.

Home Improvement is more of a Hulu title IMO, I swore it used to be there but I don’t see it there now.
Home Improvement was available on Hulu for about 3 years. There were some legal issues surrounding the show’s syndication that supposedly resulted in the lack of renewal for Hulu (but we never really saw any hard proof of that). Although that lawsuit has been settled now, so maybe it’ll pop back up at some point.

We were never promised Song of the South. I’m fact, I think it’s pretty clear that as long as Bob Iger has anything to do with TWDC we will not see that title (legally) again. Home Improvement is more of a Hulu title IMO, I swore it used to be there but I don’t see it there now.

No doubt Disney+ should have had more scripted launch or shortly after launch original programming, and that’s on them. But their public statements on the matter indicate that they know that and are trying to fix it.

No streaming platform, outside of Quibi started with more than a small handful of original content. Netflix had nothing original until year 5. Hulu I believe was 4 years before having their first piece of original content.

The problem with Disney+ and their originals was that many of them were set to be MCU tie in shows, and they couldn’t announce, or even hint at any of those projects until Endgame came out.

It looks like once Falcon and the Winter Soldier comes out, that will begin the slew of original content overlapping with other original content like Mandalorian, Monsters Inc, Wandavision, Loki.

I think it’ll be a little while until we see real original ideas, not based on IP tie ins. Original ideas are hard to sell. Everyone wants “original” movies, but no one ever goes to see them. Ive used the example before. If Haunted Mansion, and Pirates of the Caribbean, or Big Thunder Mountain were never built, and they were announced in 2020 as original rides, no one would care.

Glad to see Secrets of the Zoo season 3 on there - that has been one of my family's favorite finds on there

If anyone enjoys the animal care part of Animal Kingdom will live this show

Have you ever had the chance to visit the Columbus zoo?

I used to live there after college and my boyfriend and I had season passes. We'd go almost once a week. It was the only place that partially sated my Disney cravings.

Their new Africa section feels a lot like AK to me.

I have never been to another zoo that I like as much, and yes, I have been to the San Diego zoo.

I used to live there after college and my boyfriend and I had season passes. We'd go almost once a week. It was the only place that partially sated my Disney cravings.

I have never been to another zoo that I like as much, and yes, I have been to the San Diego zoo.

I have only been to Columbus once for a quick work trip - but watching this is making me want to go visit it ... Really does seem like a great Zoo.

When we went to San Diego we actually went to the Safari Park (rather than the regular part) which we quite liked - though it did make me appreciate even more how hidden all the section dividers at Animal Kingdom are

... And the fact it was close to a Stone Brewing location may have played a factor ;)

Love to see the Columbus Zoo love! Been a member/volunteer for years!! LOVE that place...

I have only been to Columbus once for a quick work trip - but watching this is making me want to go visit it ... Really does seem like a great Zoo.

When we went to San Diego we actually went to the Safari Park (rather than the regular part) which we quite liked - though it did make me appreciate even more how hidden all the section dividers at Animal Kingdom are

... And the fact it was close to a Stone Brewing location may have played a factor ;)
You definitely should work in a trip! I've been a member/volunteer there for years! When you mentioned section dividers, you would have to check out Heart of Africa. From one view it appears that lions are in the same exhibit as all of the hoof stock (but obviously, they aren't)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter