Disney Not Allowing Codes!!!

frost5000

Mouseketeer
I called this morning to check on avail. of dates for all stars using the MouseSaver codes. This morning my dates were fine(ASsports,ASmusic avail.), but since I am going with my sister from out of state, I felt I should confirm with her before booking. She got back to me about an hour ago. I've called cro twice now and told both times that they are NOT accepting anymore codes PERIOD for the fall (even with different dates)!!!! Even though I checked TODAY and was given the code rate, as of tonight NO MORE CODES!! Why would they stop halfway through the day?? I assume that with my last name and zip code they would have a record of offering me the rate this morning. Without the codes, we can't go - my kids spent the whole day looking at pics of Disney - I don't have the heart to tell them! This was going to be a once in a lifetime trip!! Do you think it's a fluke - or is this it??? Anyone else have trouble??

Do you think I should call again?? Would this be considered harrassment to keep calling and asking about the code availability?? I already called twice tonight, and got the feeling that the second cro knew that I'd already been denied the rate. I triple checked Mary's site, and I am elligible, and many others have taken advantage of this!!

The stop accepting codes when they sell out of the allotment for that particular code.

I just added a day to an existing reservation and they
kept the same price.
I would call back again,
maybe give your mothers name this time

I've also been trying to get an AP rate and there are none available for our dates in November. However, a CM at CRO told me it would be no problem to keep trying because if there are any cancelations they do go back into the system. It'll be the luck of the draw if it happens to be there when I call, but I'll keep trying until we get there. Maybe if you keep trying you'll get lucky.

I also just called to try to get our first night at the AP rate. I wasn't successful because that night still wasn't available at that rate, but she didn't mention anything about NO MORE CODES.

Keep calling - last night I called to confirm that my deposit had been received. They asked for my last name and postal code right away. I didn't answer the question. Instead, I told her why I was calling and she checked on ithe deposit for me. They really can't require you to provide your name and postal code to check on availability and rates.

UPDATE - I decided to keep calling (thanks for the encouragement guys) - the third cm said the same thing - No more fall codes (I tried all that I was elligible for and even AAA rate). Again I'm mad and discouraged. I call again and the 4th CM puts it through no problem - go figure!!!! Never mentioned my previous calls. Maybe I just wore them down :smooth:
Anyway I got the rate I wanted. Thank you all for letting me vent!! My advice is don't let them get you down - KEEP CALLING!!! WERE GOING TO DISNEY!!!!!
:bounce:

Way to go Frost! Now when you get there, live it up knowing you beat the system! Have a great time.

I'm so glad that you got the rate you wanted. The same thing happened to me. It has been our dream to stay at the WL and since there will be 5 of us we needed the Junior suite. I called once, "No, no AAA discount allowed on the Junior suites." The second time, "We allow them but don't have any available!" (This sounded more like that they were all booked at the discounted rate. I can understand that.) Neither one of these CMs were very helpful. So, I waited 'til the evening, called and WE'RE STAYIN' AT WL! WOOOHOOO!!

Enjoy your vacation!!!!!

hATE to break the news to you, but in all probability this trip is not once in a lifetime trip.
After you get there,have a great trip and see WDW, I guarantee you will quoteing Arnold S. and say " I'll be back!"
Be fully prepared before you get there. Read 1000 trip reports, OK at least 50.
Plan, plan plan. It makes all the difference.
On our first trip we did all our research. On this one day we went to early entry at MK.
As soon as it opens everyone runs to Space and Splash Mountain. WE take 7 yr old DD and run to fantasyland and hit 8 rides in less than an hour!! Then a few minutes before they let in everyone else we go to Splash and BTMR. It took about 25 minutes including the ride time. Hit another ten attractions over the next three hours or so, as the lines grew and were back to the hotel by 1:00PM.
Met a lady from Virginia at the pool who had gone to the same park and her family went on 6 rides!! Got there late, let the kids pick the rides, and spent hours in line!! And this was there second trip! That is the difference between planning and not planning.

I Agree with you. Planning makes a difference. The first time we went, we rode everything and waited in line like everyone else. Fortunately, we were there long enough to do that. The second time we went, I got the maps of each park from the hotel lobby and called out each attraction. If even 1 person wanted to see it or ride it, I circled it. If not, we skipped it! (It was mostly the kiddie rides since my teens found them a little tame the first time!) We were able to do all 4 parks in NO TIME!!!! AND EVERYONE WAS HAPPY!!

I also found out that the more popular rides are basically EMPTY during the 9pm parade time!

However you do it, planning or spur of the moment, JUST HAVE FUN!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter