Disney on Broadway

Newsies is my second favorite live-action Disney movie (Mary Poppins is number one). I am so thrilled they made it into a Broadway show! :cloud9:

My son saw Newsies twice in the last 6 months. He saw it Oct at Papermill and last month on Broadway. He loved it both times. He says it is a great show. I hope that those who get tickets enjoy it.

About a month to Newsies...I am very excited. Glad to hear all the great reviews!

Just got back from seeing Newsies on Broadway. We loved it! The dancing was incredible, it stopped the show twice. We had a great time!

Well Newsies just received 8 Tony nominations. Hopefully this will make disney give it an open run.

Well Newsies just received 8 Tony nominations. Hopefully this will make disney give it an open run.

From what I've read, it's pretty much a done deal. I think it was just a matter of working out everyone's contracts and waiting for the Tony nominations.

Plus, advertising a closing date creates a great rush for tickets going into tourist season.

Listening to the audience reaction last night, my sister and I both said "Nope, they're not closing this in August!"

They're also releasing the movie on blu-ray in June. I heard a bunch of people saying they wanted to get it during intermission last night. I also heard a lot of people saying they wanted to check out "Joyful Noise", which starred Jeremy Jordan (who plays Jack in Newsies and just got a Tony nomination)...guess that movie is getting a nice boost too!

From what I've read, it's pretty much a done deal. I think it was just a matter of working out everyone's contracts and waiting for the Tony nominations.

Plus, advertising a closing date creates a great rush for tickets going into tourist season.

Listening to the audience reaction last night, my sister and I both said "Nope, they're not closing this in August!"

They're also releasing the movie on blu-ray in June. I heard a bunch of people saying they wanted to get it during intermission last night. I also heard a lot of people saying they wanted to check out "Joyful Noise", which starred Jeremy Jordan (who plays Jack in Newsies and just got a Tony nomination)...guess that movie is getting a nice boost too!

I hope you are right. I've already seen the show twice and I would love to see it again.

My daughters and I saw Newsies at Paper Mill and this weekend saw it in NYC and brought DS and DH. It is fabulous! My daughters and I will be going again when we take my niece for her graduation present. And not only was the show itself fantastic but afterwards almost all the cast came to the stage door and signed autographs. We even took pictures with some of them. Every one of them was so gracious and just so appreciative and respectful of the fans to give us thAt kind of time - and they had another show in a few hrs. I just can't say enough. It's a very Disney experience! Hope it continues the run.....

Re: other Disney movies that could come to Broadway.... There has been a school play version of Aladdin that's been around for a while but last summer I had heard about a full stage production - I think in Seattle - an out-of-town tryout I guess - and if it did well I thought it would be coming to NY. This summer it will be in St Louis in Juky and then Utah in the fall. I've seen the school version and I think a full on Broadway production would be terrific. If Newsies doesn't get extended maybe we'll see Aladdin come to Broadway....Or maybe, following in the footsteps of Newsies, a run at Paper Mill.....

I have seen Beauty and the Beast on broadway twice. I love Broadway and I fuly intend on taking the entire family the next time The Lion King comes our way. I hear it is breathtakingly amazing...

The Lion King broadway show was astonishing. It was absolutely incredible. I was sitting at the edge of my seat the entire time and the scenery was outstanding. I got chills when Circle of Life started being sung. :D

Saw beauty and the beast on Broadway, it was great. Love the Gaston song and his sidekick. Would love to see Newies on Broadway.

I live in NJ, so it's very easy for me to visit NYC. I've seen, Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King, Mary Poppins and Newsies.

The were all excellent with great actors and incredible sets.

Michele

I saw a touring productions of Mary Poppins and it was eh. I really want to see Newsies now:hyper:! I have also have always wanted to see Lion King. My school is also doing Little Mermaid. It should be inserting how it turns out. I heard the Broadway one was not the best but I hope we make some changes and hearing that music all the time will be great!:lovestruc So excited to do a Disney show :cool1:

Beauty and the Beast is my favorite. Saw it on Broadway twice and I was in it in high school. I also saw Mary Poppins and The Lion King and I loved them too!! I forgot I also saw The Little Mermaid. Didn't make a lasting impression on me. I loved some parts of it like all the things we know from the movie but I found myself bored at times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter