~~~Disney Pin Exchange sent/received thread~~~.....COMPLETED!!

Meriweather

Being a Nana is my superpower
Okay....names are out! :yay:

Please post here when you send out and when you receive and tell us!! We want to hear about all the pins.

Mail date is 12-11.

The likes/dislikes that people listed are just suggestions....this is a trade, so we are happy with what we get right? Always can use more traders ;)

Next pin exchange will be in March :woohoo:

We ended up with 23 people and 45 exchanges. Right about average.

Have fun!!

I'm being stalked by a very good friend/pin trader LOL.

What do you mean??

I am going to work on packing mine up right now and will mail tomorrow.

What do you mean??

I am going to work on packing mine up right now and will mail tomorrow.
Lwts just say a certain person and I seem to get connected in exchanges quite often. I find it funny not scary.

I'm a newbie at pin trading but am excited to get started. We have pins from previous trips but that's as far as we have ever taken it. I didn't realize just how many pins are out there.

What makes a pin not tradable?

I might have a few questions during this whole thing. But I figure that there is no where else that I would be able to get such great help.

Not tradable = a non-Disney pin
(You wouldn't believe the stuff I have seen on CM lanyards in the parks over the years.)
Not desirable, but tradable are pins such as Sedesma pins. (Cheap pins made in Spain.)

You can do a search on Pinpics under Sedesma. Or here is a random example, also on Pinpics.com: Pin 63584: Sedesma - Monster's Inc. - Sulley - Gold
The artwork is not bad. But if you saw the pin in person it would most likely be: small; obviously painted; thin, cheap looking, black metal. (With the metal looking more like plastic.)

Scrappers are not a good thing either. But they have infiltrated to the point you only know you are getting a true Disney pin if you buy direct from Disney.

I just got around to tossing a bad pin that I got from the person I always buy my pins from. It was Mickey holding a world best dad ribbon, but the little black dot in one eye is missing so he is not tradable.

It is getting really hard on those scrappers. Not sure I can tell.
I figure if I like it, doesn't matter to me, but try to be more careful on the trading.

There is a good thread over on the collector's board about good ebay sellers, if you want to go that way.

It is getting really hard on those scrappers. Not sure I can tell.
I figure if I like it, doesn't matter to me, but try to be more careful on the trading.

There is a good thread over on the collector's board about good ebay sellers, if you want to go that way.

I can't tell either and like you, if I like it, that's all that matters. When were at WDW in October a CM had a Rainforest Cafe pin on her lanyard with an elephant on it. I traded for it because my six year old DGD loves animals and she likes the RFC so it was a good trade for me. :goodvibes She loves that pin!

Donna

Unless things have changed, RFC, Bongo's, McDonald's and Planet Hollywood pins are tradable on WDW CM lanyards. (Affiliated w/ Disney.) However, probably not many care much about them. I do have some McD pins, and have traded those from cast lanyards.

Another untradeable pin that comes to mind are the rubber pins. I don't mind them, and have traded some from cast lanyards. I rather have the rubber ones than the Spain pins.

Oh -- and for any broken pins, I use them as push pins. I traded a cheap Euro Disney Mickey that was broken. Plus I have some battery operated pins where the batteries are dead and cannot be replaced. So now they are push pins. :rotfl2:
And there are just plain ol' defective/error pins. Although I have traded for some, and occasionally see them. (Different than a pin with color or wording rubbed off an individual pin.)
One pin I have is Pin 67437: WDW - 2009 Walt Disney World 1/2 Marathon (Donald Duck). And I have seen hundreds of these pins in one bin. Not one I saw had proper coloring in the eyes. So to me that is an error pin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter