• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Plans Year-Round Miami Presence

Sailing 4 & 5 day itineraries sounds like there won't be much variety from "same old, same old"

Confused. Would you rather be at work??? :confused:

Frankly I would trade any week of work for a 5 night cruise. Last DCL cruise was a 5 night leaving Miami to COZ with a stop at Castaway on the way back. Love the Wonder but would love to do on the Dream even more. Now a B2B 4 and 5 night would be 9 nights of bliss.
:dancer:

I don't like to do anything less than 7 nights. And I'm tired of going to St Thomas/St. Marteen/Cozumel/Grand Cayman/Jamaica. There are other islands in the Caribbean. I was hoping that sailing from Miami might bring newer islands. I guess not.

Frankly I would trade any week of work for a 5 night cruise. Last DCL cruise was a 5 night leaving Miami to COZ with a stop at Castaway on the way back. Love the Wonder but would love to do on the Dream even more. Now a B2B 4 and 5 night would be 9 nights of bliss.

Not the PP, but I have more options than just be at work or be on DCL. If I’m paying such a premium for Disney I’d prefer they went to new ports with more competitive itineraries. I’m disappointed if the plan is for the new ships to be stuck during the same ports.

I don't like to do anything less than 7 nights. And I'm tired of going to St Thomas/St. Marteen/Cozumel/Grand Cayman/Jamaica. There are other islands in the Caribbean. I was hoping that sailing from Miami might bring newer islands. I guess not.

The ones from Port Canaveral might have newer islands. Especially since those will be the newer ships.

I would expect most of the sailings to be the same old same old, with various odd itineraries thrown in now and then to sort out port conflicts (when two ships might otherwise need to stop in Miami at the same time), or re-positioning ships among PC, Miami, Galveston, San Juan and New York. This sort of happens now, but with more ships to shuffle, maybe there will be more of those one-sy two-sy type itineraries. But even those would mostly just be moving around to the same ports they've been doing for years. How often they sail to a non-traditional port, I would guess, would still be minimal. I hope I'm wrong.

I like 5 night cruises, ( also longer:))sad they will go back to 3,4 night after a year of 4,5 nights.

The ones from Port Canaveral might have newer islands. Especially since those will be the newer ships.

When the Dream and Fantasy began cruising, they took the place of the Magic and the Wonder. So I suspect the newest ships will take the place of the Dream and the Fantasy and stay with the tried (but tired) and true itineraries.

I like 5 night cruises, ( also longer:))sad they will go back to 3,4 night after a year of 4,5 nights.
I didn't read that to mean they would stop the 4&5 night sailings after the first year. Just that the second (seasonal) ship would join there after a year, and that second ship would do 3&4 night sailings. Though it doesn't say would the first ship would do after the first year.

Not sure why you are confused. A poster before me commented that they hoped to see new ports and not same old, same old. I just responded that in my opinion the cruise length didn't lend itself to new and different ports. No where did I indicate that I'd rather be at work. I'm glad you enjoyed a 5 night cruise to Cozumel and Castaway Cay. Personally, I've made a different choice for my back to back cruises so they fill 2 weeks; but that's why there are many options out there.

I was hoping that one of the ships once the 4th one has been released, would head to South east Asia where Disney has no market yet. I wasn't hoping for another Caribbean, Jamaican etc route.

I didn't read that to mean they would stop the 4&5 night sailings after the first year. Just that the second (seasonal) ship would join there after a year, and that second ship would do 3&4 night sailings. Though it doesn't say would the first ship would do after the first year.

They are not stopping the 4 and 5 night cruises. Part of the year a second ship will be at Miami that ship will do 3 and 4 night cruises

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter