• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Polynesian Bungalow 3 night stay Questions and Tips!

Derrrit

Earning My Ears
Me and my party will be staying at AKL kidiani village for (nov 29-dec 3rd) and then leaving to stay at one of the Polynesian Bungalow's for (dec 3rd - dec 6th). I have a few questions concerning our stay at our Bungalow.

• On our check in day for the bungalow we plan on watching Holiday wishes (Party night the night we check in) and the following night we plan on watching Happily ever after both from our decks, sound for the fireworks (and other shows like Once upon a time or the Welcome show, and Christmas castle lighting) pumped into the deck, correct? and we dont have to turn anything on for the sound to come on, it's all automatic?

• What happens if the Electric water pageant parade is happening during the fireworks? will the firework music still be pumped into the deck or will The Electric Water pageant over ride the music?

• Any issue with bugs/spiders inside or outside on the deck?

• Any issues you had in your bungalow or tips would be great to share! (This is our first time staying onsite at Disney, so any tips will be super appreciated, we're booking with cash and not DVC)

Last edited:
Me and my party will be staying at AKL kidiani village for (nov 29-dec 3rd) and then leaving to stay at one of the Polynesian Bungalow's for (dec 3rd - dec 6th). I have a few questions concerning our stay at our Bungalow.

• On our check in day for the bungalow we plan on watching Holiday wishes (Party night the night we check in) and the following night we plan on watching Happily ever after both from our decks, sound for the fireworks (and other shows like Once upon a time or the Welcome show, and Christmas castle lighting) pumped into the deck, correct? and we dont have to turn anything on for the sound to come on, it's all automatic?

• What happens if the Electric water pageant parade is happening during the fireworks? will the firework music still be pumped into the deck or will The Electric Water pageant over ride the music?

• Any issue with bugs/spiders inside or outside on the deck?

• Any issues you had in your bungalow or tips would be great to share! (This is our first time staying onsite at Disney, so any tips will be super appreciated, we're booking with cash and not DVC)

Hi there. Unfortunately I can only help with the EWP question as I haven't stayed in a Bungalow. The pattern lately is that when MK has 9PM fireworks, they run EWP in front of Poly at 8:50PM. Keep an eye on the monthly Activies Calender, it'll have the accurate EWP time for when you are there. Here's a link to the August one, just FWIW: http://www.themouseforless.com/tripplanning/resorts/wdw/pdf/PolyCalendar.pdf

Not a ton of folks around with direct bungalow experience, but hopefully someone will stop by to help on your other questions.

Have fun!

I never stayed overnight in a bungalow, but did attend an evening party in one the year they opened. If I recall correctly, there is a speaker on the deck and you have the ability to control the volume for the fireworks.

I have stayed at Poly multiple times and the EWP has never been scheduled at the same time as the fireworks. Even if they were, the EWP music would not be piped into the bungalows. There would be no need as the EWP has its own speakers and it's very, very loud.

I didn't see any bugs or spiders at the bungalow, but it's Florida, so you may see some.

They did have issues with AC in the bungalows, but I think those have been resolved. There is also an issue with the plumbing as it makes a loud sound every so often. You'll have two real beds, one king, one queen. Then one queen sleeper sofa in the living room plus two bunk sized murphy beds - one in the living room, one in the second bedroom.

And then there is the problem with the noise from the boats going to and from the MK and their loud horns. The closer you are to the ferry dock at the TTC, the more the problem with the boat horns.

They did have issues with AC in the bungalows, but I think those have been resolved. There is also an issue with the plumbing as it makes a loud sound every so often. You'll have two real beds, one king, one queen. Then one queen sleeper sofa in the living room plus two bunk sized murphy beds - one in the living room, one in the second bedroom.

And then there is the problem with the noise from the boats going to and from the MK and their loud horns. The closer you are to the ferry dock at the TTC, the more the problem with the boat horns.
I've read about the ferry horns and dont think it'll be much of an issue, it's part of the experience sleeping right outside of The Magic Kingdom.

My biggest concern is if we'll have to deal with bugs or spiders, and heaven forbid alligators o_O!

I've read about the ferry horns and dont think it'll be much of an issue, it's part of the experience sleeping right outside of The Magic Kingdom.

My biggest concern is if we'll have to deal with bugs or spiders, and heaven forbid alligators o_O!
Bugs and Florida go hand in hand. Spiders eat bugs, so they are good. Alligators may float around under your bungalow, just don't feed anything in the water or the air unless it is one of your kids. And the kids had better not jump off the porch into the water. Just the lukewarm plunge pool.

Bugs and spiders can be found at any location so not really sure of your concern there. As for alligators, well it is Florida so always a possibility for gators being around.

Awesome! We did like you, a shorter stay in the Bungalows with a longer stay elsewhere. They were incredible, by far the most awesome place you can stay. To answer your questions...
* There is a volume knob on your deck, so you can turn the firework music up or down. It doesn't play anything except for during the show.
* The EWP will never conflict with the fireworks. The EWP runs, then the boats park (they hang out more or less in front of the bungalows, but this does not block your view). Then HEA runs, then the boats move on to their next stop. It is timed so you can camp on your deck and see everything with no conflicts.
* We did not have an issue with bugs and spiders. But little things like that tend to not bug us... so if they were there, they might have bothered someone else. There were some mosquitos, but it wasn't bad; you just use bug spray and it was fine. The biggest concern with mosquitos was kids leaving the door open and letting them inside.
* Any issues? Not really. On one of our roll-up window screens, the pull-cord wasn't working. We called the front desk and by the next night it was fixed.
* Tips... Watch out for the birds! There were some birds nesting in the palm trees out on the peninsula, so when humans would walk by their home, they would crow away, and even swoop down and try to scare off the invaders. We've seen the fireworks from inside the park, the CR, BLT, TOTWL, Poly beach, and nothing compares to the view from the Bungalows. The EWP passes like 50 ft off the front of your deck -- it's right there.
For AKL and a Bungalow being your first stay onside, that's a pretty cool first...
Suggestions... Take us with you?
Other suggestions... Front load your trip with your longer park days while you're at the AKL. Especially AK and HS, you want to have done those parks by the time you get to the Poly. That way, you can enjoy your bungalow, take the monorail to Epcot or the boat to the MK. Do shorter days. Get a res for Ohana if you can -- breakfast and dinner are both great. Do the luau too if you haven't before.

Last edited:
There are speakers on the back deck and a volume adjuster on the wall to listen to the music of the fireworks show. I know they have been having problems with the feed coming from the Magic Kingdom to the resort so I don't know is that effects the sound on the bungalows. Also the EWP and the fireworks do not go at the same time.

Awesome! We did like you, a shorter stay in the Bungalows with a longer stay elsewhere. They were incredible, by far the most awesome place you can stay. To answer your questions...
* There is a volume knob on your deck, so you can turn the firework music up or down. It doesn't play anything except for during the show.
* The EWP will never conflict with the fireworks. The EWP runs, then the boats park (they hang out more or less in front of the bungalows, but this does not block your view). Then HEA runs, then the boats move on to their next stop. It is timed so you can camp on your deck and see everything with no conflicts.
* We did not have an issue with bugs and spiders. But little things like that tend to not bug us... so if they were there, they might have bothered someone else. There were some mosquitos, but it wasn't bad; you just use bug spray and it was fine. The biggest concern with mosquitos was kids leaving the door open and letting them inside.
* Any issues? Not really. On one of our roll-up window screens, the pull-cord wasn't working. We called the front desk and by the next night it was fixed.
* Tips... Watch out for the birds! There were some birds nesting in the palm trees out on the peninsula, so when humans would walk by their home, they would crow away, and even swoop down and try to scare off the invaders. We've seen the fireworks from inside the park, the CR, BLT, TOTWL, Poly beach, and nothing compares to the view from the Bungalows. The EWP passes like 50 ft off the front of your deck -- it's right there.
For AKL and a Bungalow being your first stay onside, that's a pretty cool first...
Suggestions... Take us with you?
Other suggestions... Front load your trip with your longer park days while you're at the AKL. Especially AK and HS, you want to have done those parks by the time you get to the Poly. That way, you can enjoy your bungalow, take the monorail to Epcot or the boat to the MK. Do shorter days. Get a res for Ohana if you can -- breakfast and dinner are both great. Do the luau too if you haven't before.
Thanks so much for your post and the tips! really appreciated.

Last edited:
There are speakers on the back deck and a volume adjuster on the wall to listen to the music of the fireworks show. I know they have been having problems with the feed coming from the Magic Kingdom to the resort so I don't know is that effects the sound on the bungalows.
Has this been fixed yet? I've read one review where the audio came in for somebody's first night on the bungalow but for the rest was static, but that's all that I've read about the audio not working in the bungalows.

Also i read that 10 bungalows are dedicated to DVC and the rest are ran through normal booking, I'm assuming the dedicated DVC bungalows are 7001-7010?

Last edited:
Has this been fixed yet? I've read one review where the audio came in for somebody's first night on the bungalow but for the rest was static, but that's all that I've read about the audio not working in the bungalows.

Also i read that 10 bungalows are dedicated to DVC and the rest are ran through normal booking, I'm assuming the dedicated DVC bungalows are 7001-7010?

All Bungalows are now declared into DVC inventory, not 10. And even then, they would never be a specific bungalow if the were being booked by CRO

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter