• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Quest fun for adults?

noabeliv

Mouseketeer
I would love some opinions about DisneyQuest. Dh and I are taking a Orlando/Sanibel Island trip without kids! We are not planning to do the "park scene" but we are staying in the Disney area to do other things. I got DisneyQuest tickets with the Mousesavers rate and now I want to make it sound REALLY fun to my husband.;)

Hi noabeliv

Welcome to the DIS, I'm glad you found us and hope you can visit us often.

I've never experienced Disney Quest but I'm sure some of our veterans can give you a review. I think it sounds like a lot of fun.

Katholyn

Absolutely! Make sure you do the Pirates of the Carribean and magic carpets of Alladdin attractions.The virtual Jungle cruise is decent also.The cheesecake factory is the food provider and it is pretty good.You can easily kill several hours at DisneyQuest.:)

Mmmm I did Disney Quest in December I was in a party of 3 adults. We did a lot of the major stuff but have to admit I felt really queasy after Aladdin so we didn't do Pirates. But we has a real hoot on the Jungle Cruise that was the best. Also on the arcade driving games. I would suggest that if you want to experience everything with little crowds go on a sunny day - it's normally packed out on a rainy day and at nights.

We loved it !! My DBF and I ( 2 adults in our early 30's) had a great time. Did Aladdin and Jungle cruise among others. My DBF was the funniest thing on the Aladdin attraction. He kept asking me where we were and why he couldn't get his Magic carpet to fly. Aladdin is a virtual reality attraction.
The food there is also very good.
We even had out picture taken in one of those booths which was an event in itself. My BF is a large guy and we tried several positions before we could both fit in the booth.
Have a great time !!!
P.S. I think it is open pretty late too...11 0r 12 I think

Thanks alot for the thumbs up! Sounds like we will have a good time. I have just a couple more questions if you don't mind. How much "extra" money should we plan on? I figured money for food, is everything else included in the ticket price? Can you take pictures on these things you've mentioned...Pirates, Aladdin, etc, or should I leave the camera at the hotel? Thanks!

I think we spent around 25 or 30 dollars for lunch and desserts and coffee. I think there are some things that you have to pay for. Some of the "games" where you can create things are an extra charge and the picture booth we took our pic in was a couple of dollars. I'm almost positive you can take pictures.
They also have an internet cafe that requires you to buy credits if you want to use the internet. I would say 95% of the stuff is included. We only spent money on food and our picture.

Originally posted by dansyr

They also have an internet cafe that requires you to buy credits if you want to use the internet.

Last May using the internet was free.when did this change?

You know what I'm not even sure exactly how it works. We were there in March and I was allowed a limited area on the internet before it said something about purchasing credits. I believe it even had an insert slot somewhere on the bottom for a credit card. Maybe it changed to free after March. If anyone knows better, please clarify for me.
Thanks

I haven't been to the Disney Quest in Orlando but I've been to the one in Chicago. I went with four of my adult friends and we had a blast! We especially liked the roller coaster simulator. Do they have that in WDW? The Cheesecake factory was great too!

We had so much fun at Disney Quest that we're making a special trip back just to spend more time there. To answer some questions and add some advice:

1. Aside from money for food, coffee, and desserts, you don't "need" any extra money at DQ. All the good stuff is free, though you can buy a few things if you want.

2. Internet access in their cybercafe is free and excellent. You may get a message asking to "add credits" that is a leftover from the days when you had to swipe a card with credits on all the machines. Now you can simply push the button on the card slot and get (I believe) ten more minutes.

3. Pirates of the Caribbean is the one attraction not to be missed. It is so much fun and so high-tech as to be breathtaking. It is especially good for adults with no kids because the game is more fun with at least four people (the more gunners you have, the better you'll do!) so the CMs will offer to pair you with another childless couple in line. If this happens, say yes! It's a fun way to interact with strangers.

4. You can return with a hand stamp, so feel free to slip out to House of Blues for a few adult beverages before heading back for more arcade fun.

5. The "sports simulator" games are a hoot. Don't be embarassed to try boxing, deep sea fishing, "xtreme" street luge, soccer goal kicking, and so on.

6. The CMs are real geeks! If that was your crowd back in school, you'll fit right in at DQ. (None of the "I'm too cool for Disney" or "I'm bored out of my mind" attitudes you might find at the other parks.) Strike up some conversations, and they'll give you all kinds of hints, like how to squeeze 13 inversions into one ride on Cyberspace Mountain or how to find the secret treasure-filled beach on Pirates.

7. Be prepared to spend even more time there than you expect. We were there on two different days, 8 or more hours each time, and closing still came as a shock on both days.

DQ is a blast for me and DF (26 & 26).

Cyberspace Mountain was awesome, almost had to use the stop button.
Pirates was a lot of fun. We paired up with another couple who had done it before so they had some clue of what they were doing.
So many fun things to do, we always make time for DQ now.

I think Disney Quest is worth at least one visit of several hours. Even though I can't do most of the video games and all of the virtual reality because I get dizzy very fast.

There are enough unusual things that would pique your curiosity to the point where you stop and play with them and before long lots of time has been killed.

The Asteroid Blaster and the Jungle Cruise can be operated by one person but with much more difficulty.

The internet stations were completely free, although they tend to get erratic, doing things like shutting down every three minutes even after you click the screen to continue. (press the lighted green button down below and also the left "mouse" button after it shuts down and it comes to life again.) Also many web sites and portions of other web sites and some e-mail systems cannot be accessed.

I have often gone into DQ for just one or two hours and then gone over to Pleasure Island. This is convenient with a premium annual pass.

More Disney tips:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

9/65 Disneyland
3/75 Doubletree Club
4/85 Kon-Tiki* on 192
'80s Disneyland once or twice
7/94 POR
9/97 ASMu
11/98 ASMu & AP#1
12/98 Knights Inn on 192
9/99 ASMo
12/00 ASSp & AP#2
9/01 ASSp
11/01 ASSp
1/03 Motel 6 & ASSp & AP#3
11/03 Pop Century planned
*no longer exists

Hubby and I are 38 & 41 and we looooooooooved Disney Quest! We got there early and pretty much had the place to ourselves for a couple of hours.

We did a Sanibel/Captiva-Disney honeymoon. Loved it all.

Have a GREAT time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter