Disney saying I didn't complete the Sign-up Process

PrincessJen09

DIS Veteran
I signed up for my service and had a date set by the Project Linus organizer and I went back into the system and entered all our names and the date into the Disney site. Now the site doesn't recognize my email and Disney is saying that I never completed the registration. Part of the reason we decided to go was because of this offer. What do I do? Anyone had this problem? :confused3

Did you get a "Thanks for signing up e-mail?", Did you sign up on the other website Hands on Network too?

Now that you mention it, no I dont think I ever got that email. But I guess I could have missed it in my spam. I definately remember putting all of the names and the date into the database and I talked to the cordinator. So I have no idea what happened. Maybe the system went down and it didn't go through? But now what am I supposed to do when we were counting on it?

It Happened to me and when I went to sign up for an event it said I didnt register, So I went back and re registered but this was in late January before they closed the GAD and I was able to find another event. I am so sorry this happened to you....I to realized I didnt get any email conformation as well....I had tons of trouble signing up, I had errors in the registration for two days.....Hope you can find some answers.....:hug:

Not much help, but did want to comment that setting up the registeration and signing up were not the easiest things to do. I would sign up and get an email, and there must've been at least 3 emails from each side. After you registered, you got an email, then you got something from the group and signed up there, then you got an email from each of them confirming the sign up and the dates. I printed them each time and have a huge package. Sorry OP, I hope you resolve this, but it sounds like somewhere the ball was dropped.

Well at least I am not the only one that had problems. I just wish I had noticed before it closed. I guess I thought it would take longer for them to hit a million (I guess I was also thinking it had to be a million completed.). I only checked now cuz my date was coming up. I hope Disney starts answering soon!

I signed up for my service and had a date set by the Project Linus organizer and I went back into the system and entered all our names and the date into the Disney site. Now the site doesn't recognize my email and Disney is saying that I never completed the registration. Part of the reason we decided to go was because of this offer. What do I do? Anyone had this problem? :confused3

I'm having the same issue. I just sent a message through the Disney GAD website.
I do have all the emails for each step so hopefully it'll get resolved. I spoke with the coordinator of the organization I volunteered for; she said she's having all kinds of problems with people showing up on her list before the event and are now not showing up! :scared1:

i had a similar problem. i thought i had signed my husband up, but apparently i didn't. i emailed disney just to let them know that the sign up was kind of confusing and they said it was too late for anyone else to get vouchers. i wasn't even asking for anything, but they made it clear no more people could sign up.

i had a similar problem. i thought i had signed my husband up, but apparently i didn't. i emailed disney just to let them know that the sign up was kind of confusing and they said it was too late for anyone else to get vouchers. i wasn't even asking for anything, but they made it clear no more people could sign up.

Well to me that is not acceptable.... I clearly had the intent to sign up. It is not my fault that their system was so confusing. I just think that this program has gone down hill. Sure a million people have signed up and committed, but what if people don't show? And I don't even want the one day pass!!! I want the fastpasses. I am going to have to call on Monday and try to get this sorted out.

We were married May 17th 1980 so we have a few years on you. LOL. I hope your years together are as Blessed as ours have been.
Nancy :flower3:

Well to me that is not acceptable.... I clearly had the intent to sign up. It is not my fault that their system was so confusing. I just think that this program has gone down hill. Sure a million people have signed up and committed, but what if people don't show? And I don't even want the one day pass!!! I want the fastpasses. I am going to have to call on Monday and try to get this sorted out.

I have the same problem, except I misunderstood that I had to register a completion date. I thought that step happened after you completed your volunteer service. Anyway, I turned in my blankets, and went to register my date and the website said it was over.

It was only a week after they had ended it and I had no warning.

I contacted the Give a Day program and received a response today that basically said tough luck.

I think this was handled poorly and that Disney should make it right for people in our situation.

Who are you planning to call? Give me the number and I'll call too!

I just sent an email out to every Disney email address that I could find hoping for some kind of answer.

This really is sad, I love Disney and now suddenly I feel like they have done me wrong. I brag on them all the time, now I haven't even told anyone about this because I hate the idea of saying anything that makes Disney look bad. =(

Also thought you might be interested, here's the email I received from Disney:

> Thank you for contacting us regarding the Give a Day. Get a Disney
> Day. program.
>
> The goal to inspire one million people to volunteer a day of service has
> been reached. The limited number of tickets made available under the
> program have been allocated to those who committed to and finalized
> their registration for an eligible volunteer opportunity prior to our
> goal being reached. Although you may no longer sign up for the Give a
> Day. Get a Disney Day. program to receive a free Disney theme park
> ticket,; we encourage you to volunteer in your community by searching
> for opportunities through HandsOn Network at www.handsonnetwork.org.
>
> Again, thank you for your interest in the Give a Day. Get a Disney
> Day. program.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Thomas Seas
> Give a Day. Get a Disney Day. Support Team

I have the same problem, except I misunderstood that I had to register a completion date. I thought that step happened after you completed your volunteer service. Anyway, I turned in my blankets, and went to register my date and the website said it was over.

It was only a week after they had ended it and I had no warning.

I contacted the Give a Day program and received a response today that basically said tough luck.

I think this was handled poorly and that Disney should make it right for people in our situation.

Who are you planning to call? Give me the number and I'll call too!

I just sent an email out to every Disney email address that I could find hoping for some kind of answer.

This really is sad, I love Disney and now suddenly I feel like they have done me wrong. I brag on them all the time, now I haven't even told anyone about this because I hate the idea of saying anything that makes Disney look bad. =(

Call Disney. If you signed up with Disney there should be a voucher reserved for you. Call them. My sister had a problem and they are trying to work with her.

Call Disney. If you signed up with Disney there should be a voucher reserved for you. Call them. My sister had a problem and they are trying to work with her.

But what number? 407-W-DISNEY?

I did sign up but they are saying that I did not complete the process by registering a completion date.

I'm happy to volunteer but in a way I feel like I was tricked into it!

This happened to my daughter and SIL. I talked to Disney and they could not fix it. So they are out of luck. There should of been an easier way. I did mine without a problem, but the site would not regoneze my daughters e-mail either.

This happened to me. I had originally signed up for one event and then had to chance it. I did this on the Hands on network as there was an option to do this. It let me re-register and add my mother and stepfather to my new event. I even received an e-mail from the Hands on network informing me that I had signed up, but apparently it was not saved on the website and after I had found out the program ended I went back and looked. It continued to show the old event. I e-mailed someone and received an e-mail back basically saying too bad. I stressed that I had made the changes on my end to avoid a problem, but the system did not save my changes. Someone called me and left a message stating that the system was never intended to change your event. I sent an e-mail back stating that it should have never let me change my event then or given me the impression that this was ok. I mean there was no warning message or anything. It sucks that we are being prevented from this experience based on their less than perfect computer system.

Michele

But what number? 407-W-DISNEY?

I did sign up but they are saying that I did not complete the process by registering a completion date.

I'm happy to volunteer but in a way I feel like I was tricked into it!

Here's a number I used in the past when I had issues with the site. They were always able to help me. Of course that was when the program was still running. But I'd give them a call anyways and discuss it.

407-827-5990 - press #1 for tech support, NOT customer service - they could never do anything... it was always tech support that helped.

Something happened with ours too. Spent a good deal of money trying to get a free ticket, lol. The four of us bought 28in duffel bags & stuffed them with a whole list of items for children at a local children's home. Had fun doing this & even put xtra fun items in. Turned them in & then later that day found out something didn't quite work out!! So we chalked it up to actually doing a volunteer service for kids in need. Can't complain about that. Still going to Disney.

As I recall, there were a few steps to complete. You had to register with HandOn Network. Then you had to find a service opportunity and tell them you were interested in it. THEN, you had to be accepted by the service organization and given a specific date for your service. (We had to contact several organizations before one finally accepted us.) This is how you would be one of the million volunteers Disney is counting. If you never got to this stage, you are out of luck. I remember when Habitat for Humanity accepted us, she told me how to go to the Hand On Portal and input our service date, which was actually pretty easy.

After you've completed the service, you get a thank you email and you are pending verification from your organization. As soon as the organization confirms that you completed your service, you get the email with the voucher.

I think a lot of people think they're signed up when they were never accepted for a specific activity, although that may not be your case at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter