Disney Shopping News

Would you be interested in a Shopping News board?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Gideon's Bakehouse

Instagram

...Online Exclusive Merch! This month we meet Margaret, the hauntingly beautiful apparition. Her love story is featured on this month’s collectible menu, and her print is available online now for 24 hours only! We also have a new Valentina Hoodie as an online preorder!⁣⁣
⁣⁣
In Store Merch! Magaret is featured on a T-shirt, and the Eternal Flame candle returns! Find both of these items in stores and online! ⁣⁣
⁣⁣
BUT WAIT! THERE’S MORE! But you’ll have to wait for more merch and desserts as the month continues! Keep your eyes here!

1706798111524.png1706798128784.png

Well, I highly advise against ordering the candy jar by mail. First one came destroyed; second the base was fine but the top is shattered. Told Hallmark that was enough and they gave me a refund 😢View attachment 830652

View attachment 830653
Wow, I hope your feedback to them at least makes them adjust how they pack and ship these to help future purchasers. But probably not...

Wow, I hope your feedback to them at least makes them adjust how they pack and ship these to help future purchasers. But probably not...
I could hear the broken items in the first delivery, so I video-taped me as I opened it. It was in a box at least three-times the size it needed to be and was wrapped in one piece of packing paper - all together, no buffer between the lid and base. I mentioned this to the agent, she apologized, but I know they aren’t the ones packing the items. The second came in a smaller box and each piece was wrapped separately but still with only one piece of paper - no padding, no bubble wrap. Nada. I told the agent I had pics of the box, wrapping, and items, but they didn’t want any of it.

Last edited:
I could hear the broken items in the first delivery, so I video-taped me as I opened it. It was in a box at least three-times the size it needed to be and was wrapped in one piece of packing paper - all together, no buffer between the lid and base. I mentioned this to the agent, she apologized, but I know they aren’t the ones packing the items. The second came in a smaller box and each piece was wrapped separately but still with only one piece of paper - no padding, no bubble wrap. Nada. I told the agent I had pics of the box, wrapping, and items, but they didn’t want any of it.
My extended family all struggled with shipments from Hallmark over the past few months. Most of the orders either contained the wrong item, items were missing (listed on the packing slip but not in the box), or were so poorly packed that the items were damaged. We used to have good luck with Hallmark but since about October it has been a problem. Will be sticking with only shopping in store for now.

My extended family all struggled with shipments from Hallmark over the past few months. Most of the orders either contained the wrong item, items were missing (listed on the packing slip but not in the box), or were so poorly packed that the items were damaged. We used to have good luck with Hallmark but since about October it has been a problem. Will be sticking with only shopping in store for now.
We no longer have a Hallmark store around here. On Monday I was in a town that had a Hallmark store and, of course, passed up the opportunity to purchase in person because I had one ordered.

We no longer have a Hallmark store around here. On Monday I was in a town that had a Hallmark store and, of course, passed up the opportunity to purchase in person because I had one ordered.
Its unfortunate that so many of the stores have closed. We are lucky to still have one nearby and we will continue to shop there, but multiple recent issues online has us rethinking future purchases from Hallmark.com.

Disneyland

Disney Hype Beast - Instagram

Here is a look at some new Disney Grand Californian Hotel merchandise available Acorns Gifts & Goods.
View attachment 830497

Here is a look at 9 new ornaments available at the Home Store in Downtown Disney.
View attachment 830499

Here is a look at some new Disney Homestead merchandise available at the Home Store in Downtown Disney
View attachment 830500

New Disney Princess Book Ornaments available at the World of Disney. These Ornaments books will open up like a pop up book and play music as well. Retail $29.99 each.
View attachment 830502
View attachment 830503View attachment 830504View attachment 830505

New Spider-Man merchandise available at the World of Disney
View attachment 830507

Here is a look at the new Princess Collection available at the World of Disney.
View attachment 830508
Those wood and acorn Grand Californian ears looks just like the ones they had at Fort Wilderness in December.

shopDisney to Rebrand Back to the Disney Store

What's happening:
Later this month, shopDisney will once again be known as the Disney Store.
In turn, the main URL for the online retail destination will be DisneyStore.com.
The switchover will officially happen on Valentine’s Day (February 14th) following a brief scheduled downtime.
This is a reversal of a rebranding decision made in 2017.
At the time, then-EVP of Disney Retail, Paul Gainer, said, “We know our fans are looking for a one-stop-shop to find the most compelling product out there and with shopDisney we are uniquely positioned to curate the very best of Disney, Pixar, Star Wars and Marvel merchandise.”
Disney also stated that, with the arrival of shopDisney, it would offer more adult merchandise.
Since then, the retail market has changed dramatically, with Disney Store closing most of its physical locations in North America.
This news also comes as shopDisney reportedly laid off workers in recent weeks.

BREAKING: shopDisney Will Go Back to Original Disney Store Name

shopDisney will reportedly be ditching its current branding and going back to the original Disney Store name later this month.
According to Laughing Place, shopDisney will make the change official this month, once again donning the “Disney Store” moniker. As a result of the change, the retailer’s main URL will change to “DisneyStore.com” rather than shopDisney.com.

The switch will allegedly occur on February 14, 2024, Valentine’s Day, after a brief, scheduled downtime for the website.

This reported change also comes one week after the online Disney retailer announced that 150 Cast Members would be laid off from The Walt Disney Company effective March 24, 2024. These Cast Members not only supported the online retailer but also Disney Parks Merchandise Guest Services and D23 Guest Services.

This effectively reverses the branding change made in September 2017, in which Disney Store became known as shopDisney, and retail Disney stores were renovated to display a more modern look. Eventually, most Disney Store locations in North America shuttered in 2021, including the original store in Glendale, California. That same year, Target announced they would add their Disney Store “shop-in-shop” areas to 160 more U.S. locations following its original 2019 reveal. Currently, there are only 21 Disney Stores left in North America.

Disney has yet to confirm this change publicly.

Attention Shoppers: shopDisney will be rebranded back to the Disney Store

Beginning Feb. 14, 2024, the shopDisney website will be rebranded back to the Disney Store, but don’t worry; all your favorite Disney products will still be available.

The shopDisney website will be down between 7 p.m. PST on Feb. 13, 2024, and 1 a.m. PST on Feb. 14, 2024, for the changeover, but after that, shoppers will automatically be redirected to the new website (disneystore.com) to ensure a seamless customer experience.

Disney Store Timeline

1987 – The first Disney Store opened in the Glendale Galleria mall in Southern California
2017 – shopDisney replaced the Disney Store’s online website, offering Disney, Star Wars, Pixar, and Marvel
merchandise, plus authentic products from Disney Parks.
2021 – Prompted by the surge in online shopping during the pandemic, Disney announced the majority of North American Disney Stores would close
2024 – Currently, there are 20 Disney Outlet stores across the U.S. and a flagship Disney Store in New York’s Times Square.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter