Disney Sketch/Page Map Swap - Sketches are up

AlexWyattMommy

<font color=deeppink>Okay, here I am, out of high
This is just an information/interest thread. Sign ups are not until July 1st.

I wanted to give everyone the information about this swap so they could be sure to join the other two swaps for characters and Epcot if they don't see what they can use in this one. :)

I will be posting the sketches next weekend. I am still looking for ones where titles will be easy to place.

Each sketch will have four spots. You can choice from the following themes for each sketch. Be sure to pick your theme so others can see if they will be able to use them.

Choose one of the following for each sketch:
General Disney Colors - black, red, yellow, white
Princesses - general or specific, swapper choice, must declare at sign up to avoid duplicate characters, please pick commonly found princesses. [fairies can be used here too]
Fab Five - same as above, single or multiple characters fine.

There will be one group for the four worlds of WDW. There will be four sketches to pick from in this group. You will pick your sketch and your world - AK, MK, DHS, or Epcot. I would love if we could have each world for each group, but since the sketches will different, duplicate worlds would still work. These sketches will be based on 4x6 photos.

The due date is September 1st.

You are allowed to rotate the sketch to best suit your ideas. You do not need to use the same embellishment shape as shown on the sketch. Those are just to show you WHERE the embellishment should go. Please us as many layers as show on the sketch. However, you don't have to use all paper. Ribbon/fiber, fabric, mulberry paper are all fine to use as a layer. If it shows a pattern, you can use a solid and vise versa. It is just to differentiate the layers.

Please pick simple titles. Like Disney, Mickey, Princess, Good Eats, etc. The less wording, the easier it is to use the sketches. You don't have to tell me the title ahead of time. :) Change is good.

Anything I am missing?
Any other suggestions?

I will post a separate sign up thread when the time arrives.

Okay so you post the sketches.

I like sketch A, C and D

So I say, I'd like sketch A , I'll do gen disney colors
I;ll take sketch C and do a princess theme
I'll take sketch D. AWM already picked gen disney colors, so I pick Fab 5 instead.

Is that right?

How about adding lands for MK?

I can add lands for MK and AK, but only because those swaps are over. I don't want to infringe on the up coming ones.

And yes - you totally got the sign up process. :thumbsup2

Here are the sketches.

These are the ones that each person will do the same sketch with a different theme:
Choice one of the following for each sketch:
General Disney Colors - black, red, yellow, white
Princesses - general or specific, swapper choice, must declare at sign up to avoid duplicate characters, please pick commonly found princesses. [fairies can be used here too]
Fab Five - same as above, single or multiple characters fine.

Sketch 1
jun1012x12e.jpg

Sketch 2
apr1012x12c.jpg

Sketch 3
may1012x12b.jpg

Sketch 4
may1012x12c.jpg

Sketch 5 - this is the only two page layout
jun1012x12dbl.jpg

------------------
The next two groups: You will pick your sketch and your world - AK, MK, DHS, or Epcot.

Group A
Sketch A1
12+x+12+-+31.jpg

Sketch A2
Becky+Fleck+re-do+10.jpg

Sketch A3
12+x+12+-+20.jpg

Sketch A4
12+x+12+-+1.jpg

Group B
Sketch B1
12+x+12+-+13.jpg

Sketch B2
12+x+12+-+18.jpg

Sketch B3
12+x+12+-+21.jpg

Sketch B4
12+x+12+-+33.jpg

Remember, the embellishment shapes are just place holders. Where they show flowers or tickets, you can put stars, bling, Jolees, chipboard shapes, rub ons, etc. I just ask that you don't use flat stickers with the white or prismatic outlines. The clear ones are okay. :thumbsup2

You do NOT have to follow the sketch exactly. You can change dimensions on the layers. I do ask that you have the same number of layers {or more}, same number of embellishments {or more} and keep to the photo sizes.

These look great!! It'll be fun to see what comes out of this!!! I don't know if it's just me or not...but I can't see sketch 2...fyi!! Anyway, everything looks great and it gives you quite a bit of freedom!!!

ETA: Nevermind...it was me!! I see it now! LOL

One question...If you choose sketch 1 and choose Pluto, can I choose sketch 1 and choose Mickey? Or does it have to be something totally different from the Fab 5? In other words, can sketch 1 have all 4 pages done as Fab 5, just different characters? Or do you want to be sure to get General Disney and Princess in on each sketch also. (Just as an example for clarification)

Different Fab Five in the same sketch is fine with me. Two Mickeys or two Cindys is probably not good in the same sketch group.

Last time we did repeat a sketch group. So if we find we like one sketch better than the others, I'm good with doing that again too. :)

Different Fab Five in the same sketch is fine with me. Two Mickeys or two Cindys is probably not good in the same sketch group.

Last time we did repeat a sketch group. So if we find we like one sketch better than the others, I'm good with doing that again too. :)

Ah-ha!!! I see!!! Very good! The wheels are turning! I really like some of these sketches...great finds AWM!!!!

My head is spinning. :scared1: I think I'm very confused. Is there an old swap I can reference so I can figure out how this works? Don't know if I'm brave enought to attempt it. I've not done full page swaps yet.

Honest. These are the easiest way to start full page swapping. The thinking part is done for you. You just pick your colors, paper and embellishments and put them together.

Here is the thread from last time
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2371704

I'm afraid I didn't put them all into a slide show. But here is a sample sketch and what was made:
june0812x12a.jpg

102_4933.jpg

102_4934.jpg

SketchSwapF1001.jpg

001-15.jpg

See how the same sketch was used and yet each page is different? There really isn't a wrong way to this.

Would love to see you try your hand at a group or two. :love:

My head is spinning. :scared1: I think I'm very confused. Is there an old swap I can reference so I can figure out how this works? Don't know if I'm brave enought to attempt it. I've not done full page swaps yet.

I have an idea. Why don't you try one page before sign ups? If you decide you don't like to do pages this way, well you have one page. Not a bad thing.

I was concerned about using the sketches too, but I really loved this swap and enjoyed making the pages this way. I have had a hard time with the sketches in the ABC swap but I realize that it is because I am starting with a title I have to use. With these pages, you pick the SKETCH, then you can use whatever title works!

Oooohhhhh I so want to join this swap, but I just don't think I could get it done in time. I still have 45 pages to do with the MAW swap and I have 8 groups in the character swap plus our trip to DW is Sept. 12 so I will be getting ready for that (well I have been working on it now, but you know how that goes). I just don't think I could pull it off, but I soooo want to join. Maybe I could find a place for 2 groups. Need to think about it :upsidedow.

2 groups is 8 new pages for you to put pictures on. :thumbsup2

I will be opening the sign ups at 8 am tomorrow. I am not expecting a mad rush. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

I mentioned it last time, but forget this time. You don't have to use the same paper and embellishments on each page in the group. You can mix the placement of the papers to use up as much as you can in this swap. :thumbsup2 I just ask that you make the pages comparable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter